Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Done buying stuff... :)

10215976-187654598_4-s4-v1.png

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Done buying stuff... :)

I have put a self-imposed buying hiatius in the month of June for myself and gotta admit I am jonesing right now. Especially when seeing one of the biggest ecig supplies up and go out of business....... I probably have enough stuff to last my lifetime and possibly another so I am not in need of anything......but still the thought of never again being able to purchase whatever I want, when I want is daunting......

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
oh I killed the 1.8Ω already (although I cleaned it up so hopefully it will last another round or 2. I'm now on to the 0.6Ω
How are you cleaning it up? I’d give he Nicolas more of a shot than just a couple coils. If 6ou like the n2 I feel it’s a better version of hat tank. Finding the sweet spot for power has taken some time. I settled around 13 Watts for the 1.8 and the .6 around 18
Funny you should mention... They have an RTA that I picked up, same name and I bought a SS tank from them and in conversing about the tank they informed me they are coming out with ultem tanks in the near future.

I am absolutely loving the RTA and the service and responses from the company, KHW, has been top notch.

Maybe I should try their rta. They seem to have. A lot of stuff. Which rta did you buy ? I may wait u TIL they release the Ultem tank

I really like mine, and I did notice the cotton looked really packed into the coil, so I let mine marinate 30 min, no bad taste at all. YMMV

That’s a long time. It’s got big wick holes, the cotton is padding like the n2 coils. I usually give it five mins to saturate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have put a self-imposed buying hiatius in the month of June for myself and gotta admit I am jonesing right now. Especially when seeing one of the biggest ecig supplies up and go out of business....... I probably have enough stuff to last my lifetime and possible another so I am not in need of anything......but still the thought of never again being able to purchase whatever I want, when I want is daunting......
I'm still prepping for Aug 2018 just in case. Getting very close to where I want to be from a stash/backup standpoint.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm still prepping for Aug 2018 just in case. Getting very close to where I want to be from a stash/backup standpoint.
The problem is we may not have until August 2018. If the FDA is starting now to systematically shut down the industry, then we have to raise our own attenna's and pay attention. They pretty much already know by which companies have started to submit their applications to them, who the players are and its not the vendors we buy from everyday. From the letters I have seen sent from the FDA to vendors, all they seem to have to do is tell them they are in violation and the vendors are running scared.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
How are you cleaning it up? I’d give he Nicolas more of a shot than just a couple coils. If 6ou like the n2 I feel it’s a better version of hat tank. Finding the sweet spot for power has taken some time. I settled around 13 Watts for the 1.8 and the .6 around 18

That’s a long time. It’s got big wick holes, the cotton is padding like the n2 coils. I usually give it five mins to saturate.

I soaked it vodka then stuck a little dental brush down the center of the coil. Then soaked in some boiling hot water.

The tiny bit of cotton I can see is not browned so I think it should be ok for another go around.

I was running the 1.8@ 8-9W and I'm running the .6@ 12.5 now

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I spent my fair share in the healthcabin sale last month. I did super well on hitters, bought 3 Kboxes, 2 IStick 100's, IStick TC200 and a couple of the sigelei books all for less than 10 bucks each plus the discounts. 6 Subtank mini kits, 10 subtank bases, some battery boxes and a few airflow adapters. I did also win a load of geekvape wire and a Yosta hitter in their contests so my spending on backup hitters is done..well till some other sale comes along I can't refuse. I did my concentrate gorge last summer buying enough Hangsen tobacs and RTS TA to last me for years, peeled the labels off the plastic HS bottles then transferred them all into 30 and 50ml glass then put into the freezer.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
I'm interested in moving on to building my own coils and messing with temp control. That's a big part of why I'm not interested in keeping the Nicolas. If I had starting vaping on this thing, I'd probably be sticking with it. It is very VERY nice. Anyway, I got it for free so why not pay it forward?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I soaked it vodka then stuck a little dental brush down the center of the coil. Then soaked in some boiling hot water.

The tiny bit of cotton I can see is not browned so I think it should be ok for another go around.

I was running the 1.8@ 8-9W and I'm running the .6@ 12.5 now

I’ve wondered if cleaning coils like this works, I guess it does for you

@toolman thanks for the link. I thought that may be it. Looks very interesting.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Is that your beloved egg roll? I thought those were drop in coils?

Too tall :( My KF v5 minis seem too tall and heavy on the Jac, especially since I like long drip tips. Bummer on the lack of kompact glass tanks!

I'll give it a look, thanks!

Ugh, such a pain! The doggy or kompact kfs are my perfect size, ease of building and airflow, I just hate the plastic tanks!

To give you all an idea of how much I love this new Jac... I set my hubby up with my beloved Radius, which hasn't otherwise left my hand since I got it.

Hubby, Radi? Wow, you DO love your new Jack!

So, yes, the Eggies take pop in coils (CLRs), but they ARE RB-able and RW-able, so ergo my recommend.

Why such dislike for the acrylic (PM or whatevs) tanks? Is it due to tank crackin' liquids?

Hello
I've got kind of an issue:
i received the wrong Kayfun ghost refill,
View attachment 667571
they sent me the nano,
so what happens now,(even when using the original kfl metal ring) is that the chimney protrudes a-bit above the top-caps o-ring.
so i guess I'll need a shorter chimney if i want to use this kit.
i was thinking of this one:
View attachment 667573
since i have never dealt with nano kayfuns and parts,
i was wondering what would be the difference(vaping wise),between using a regular and a short chimney.
and will this fit the original kfl Chimney base?(I'll be using only the upper part)
(also are you aware of a better nano chimney than this one or just a bit longer,bot shorter than the original one?)
Thanks.

I'm sooooooooooooo glad 2B came in with an answer for you. The minute the KF bits and bobs start dancing around in my head, I know I'm a goner. For me, I just spread them out and pick at will. Eventually, something fits together. :blush:

I should add that i didnt mean to imply that you should not store your batteries in a freezer. You probably should if you know for sure you arent going to touch them for at least 6 months. If you have one of those vacuum seal system things, that would probably be the best thing to put them in.

If I'm not going to touch my batts for 6 months, I prolly don't need to own them. Call me wacky, but I don't vacuum seal, nor do I store them at 40% full charged. I fully charge them, then let them rest in their respective beds (battery case) until I need them. When I pluck a battery from the drawer, I want it fully loaded. ;)

Just by the way, I've had very good results with this method, tho of course I'm not recommending it as the correct way to store them.

The difference between room temp and freezing is very minor "if" you store them partly discharged. It appears to only matter if you are storing them fully charged. But...I really never thought about it.

Like you, I opted to stop thinking about it long ago. Vape babysitting is enuf work as it is.

Storin' 'em fully charged. Livin' on da edge. ;)

DP, you have to accept that some vapers only keep a small stock of what they use day to day. Enabling Shawn when he's keeping it simple is downright cruel!

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All depends on the juice you are using. I love tge acrylic bell caps on my Kompact Kayfun.

Do you. :) :lol:

142 devices and 246 atomizers is perfectly manageable with a spreadsheet. Amiright KD?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Youisright SH!

@Katdarling may have something that could help, if ice isn't effective.

Absolutely! And we can't be having any odd numbers, y'know. :lol:

LOL. Stop me now. I won't. I refuse to be Shawn in drawn in.

Samantha says, "Your hiatus is lifted!" :lol:

samantha_gifs_bewitched_29872392_500_382_1.jpg

And you only have a few more daze. ;)

Me neither. It is a fact that plastic leeches chemicals especially when heated and since there are a vast number of glass tanks (too many as you said earlier) to choose from i dont see the point. I actually gave an acrylic bell cap a shot and i tasted plastic.

True true. You use glass water bottles too, I'd guess?

@RainSong I know you want a rebuildable glass tank for Jackie. However I'm using the VAPEFLY Nicolas tank on mine and it is the perfect size. Does use coils, but they are very inexpensive. $6.00 for 5. I'm sure they will be coming down as do most of these items. Catch a sale or bulk buy and your golden. I won the Nicolas I'm using, ordered 3 more last night for the other DNA minis I'm using. Along side a plethora of Provape's.

Zen, dahlink...... VF Nicolas vs. JT Eggie? Please contrast and compare?

I, personally, LOVE the Serpent Mini. Others here weren't terribly fond of it - which is absolutely to their personal preferences. I have FOUR (one in stash and three in rotation) I also LOVE the Origen Tiny Tank. I don't do a lot with tank crackers, but I did also order a handful of replacement tanks, just in case.

My newest friend, however, is a DEE-lightful Jac Series-B DNA 75. I also got a load of new coils for some fabulicious iSub V tanks, and (although not the picture) have one sitting atop "Jacqueline" right now:

img_20170628_181017826-2-jpg.667643

If not the iSub V, it will certainly be the gold STM (BOILER UP!)

Much :wub: to the Karing and Delightful benefactors :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

NO!!!!!!!! Who wouldn't love the Snake?? ahhahahahahaaha!

That little Origin cutie pie is so adorbs! Reminds me of the little DC karto tanks we used to cut down to size...

20151027_123605 (Small).jpg
20151027_123909 (Small).jpg

You just are the Kutest and most Divine, Dings! :lol:

Jacqueliiiiiiiiiiiine!

If I could find 5e right clr tank that’s as small like that I’d probably be done buying stuff.

Vat aboud zee Amor, dahlink.

20170303_143013.jpg

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
I'm interested in moving on to building my own coils and messing with temp control. That's a big part of why I'm not interested in keeping the Nicolas. If I had starting vaping on this thing, I'd probably be sticking with it. It is very VERY nice. Anyway, I got it for free so why not pay it forward?
If you liked the Nicolas, you'll love the Hussar (Coppervape edition) I have 2 more on order.

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
If I'm not going to touch my batts for 6 months, I prolly don't need to own them. Call me wacky, but I don't vacuum seal, nor do I store them at 40% full charged. I fully charge them, then let them rest in their respective beds (battery case) until I need them. When I pluck a battery from the drawer, I want it fully loaded. ;)

Just by the way, I've had very good results with this method, tho of course I'm not recommending it as the correct way to store them.

Like you, I opted to stop thinking about it long ago. Vape babysitting is enuf work as it is.

View attachment 667667
I didn't mean to imply that storing them at room temp or fully charged is dangerous. If you want to preserve battery capacity as much as possible then you do all that crazy, inconvenient stuff hehe

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hubby, Radi? Wow, you DO love your new Jack!

So, yes, the Eggies take pop in coils (CLRs), but they ARE RB-able and RW-able, so ergo my recommend.

Why such dislike for the acrylic (PM or whatevs) tanks? Is it due to tank crackin' liquids?

I'm sooooooooooooo glad 2B came in with an answer for you. The minute the KF bits and bobs start dancing around in my head, I know I'm a goner. For me, I just spread them out and pick at will. Eventually, something fits together. :blush:

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you. :) :lol:

Youisright SH!

LOL. Stop me now. I won't. I refuse to be Shawn in drawn in.

And you only have a few more daze. ;)

True true. You use glass water bottles too, I'd guess?

Zen, dahlink...... VF Nicolas vs. JT Eggie? Please contrast and compare?

That little Origin cutie pie is so adorbs! Reminds me of the little DC karto tanks we used to cut down to size...

View attachment 667661 View attachment 667663

You just are the Kutest and most Divine, Dings! :lol:

Jacqueliiiiiiiiiiiine!

Vat aboud zee Amor, dahlink.

View attachment 667667

Holicannoli, @Katdarling ! You get MAJOR merits for reading and responding to all THAT. :ohmy:

badges.jpg

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I, personally, LOVE the Serpent Mini. Others here weren't terribly fond of it - which is absolutely to their personal preferences.

Well...
    <raises hand sheepishly>
    Though to be fair I actually did LOVE it, I just hated building it. Had such a hard time getting the legs short enough to avoid a short that I decided not to try a second time. I may not have given it a fair shake tbh, but to me it was too much hassle. I'll have to dig through my stash, and if I didn't pif it (I think I might have but can't recall for sure) then I'll give it another try this weekend.

petrotech

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    hi puffer tootz. busy couple days...so I'll take all the demerits for skipping pages...did I miss anything good? although I think I read that we stopped giving out demerits?

what do we get instead? lashings? I've always been in favor of harsher punishments.

it's fair time!!!!! mamaw and papaw spoiled them tonight...we said NO GOLDFISH! and we ended up with one...well actually it was two, but the nice guy let us trade it in for a stuffed dolphin.
    98df6d2671836dc2ab0a9d85fee9a602.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    TWO cute, petro!

I didn't mean to imply that storing them at room temp or fully charged is dangerous. If you want to preserve battery capacity as much as possible then you do all that crazy, inconvenient stuff hehe

No implications were injured in my understanding of your post, dear one. :) Danger is not the issue, and you are correct that batt life will be elongated by doing it the right way. I just don't. As said, I like to pluck one from the case and have it fully charged. I do it my way.

KatSinatra~

Holicannoli, @Katdarling ! You get MAJOR merits for reading and responding to all THAT. :ohmy:

badges.jpg

kurtsey bow.JPG

Well...
    <raises hand sheepishly>
    Though to be fair I actually did LOVE it, I just hated building it. Had such a hard time getting the legs short enough to avoid a short that I decided not to try a second time. I may not have given it a fair shake tbh, but to me it was too much hassle. I'll have to dig through my stash, and if I didn't pif it (I think I might have but can't recall for sure) then I'll give it another try this weekend.

Add me to your sheep list, kadley dude. I did not enjoy building it either (IF I built, that is....... :rolleyes: )

And like you, I didn't shake it fairly, but I did return it to its original home where it remains happy. So all's well that serpent's well.

Users who are viewing this thread