Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I spent my fair share in the healthcabin sale last month. I did super well on hitters, bought 3 Kboxes, 2 istick 100's, istick TC200 and a couple of the sigelei books all for less than 10 bucks each plus the discounts. 6 Subtank mini kits, 10 subtank bases, some battery boxes and a few airflow adapters. I did also win a load of geekvape wire and a Yosta hitter in their contests so my spending on backup hitters is done..well till some other sale comes along I can't refuse. I did my concentrate gorge last summer buying enough Hangsen tobacs and RTS TA to last me for years, peeled the labels off the plastic HS bottles then transferred them all into 30 and 50ml glass then put into the freezer.

I went from none to a lifetime stockpile of the STM's , More VV4's for now and SVD2's for the stockpile. Can't remember what else but a bunch of stuff. If they are basically giving stuff away I will grab it.

I didn't mean to imply that storing them at room temp or fully charged is dangerous. If you want to preserve battery capacity as much as possible then you do all that crazy, inconvenient stuff hehe

I just ended up in a rotation after I had enough to rotate. That was about 2 years ago.

what do we get instead? lashings? I've always been in favor of harsher punishments.

40 Lashes with a pool noodle.

does anyone else's spouse watch stupid TV shows, that you KNOW are stupid....but kind of secretly like?

cough...big brother...ahem.

(don't tell my wife)

We don't agree on many TV shows. With the crap on TV these days I don't watch much.

KFL time again

Sublime Vapor where I got the blue KFL's is selling the gold colored ones for $5 now. Blue and SS are still $10. Had to grab a couple of goldies. In a couple of weeks I've gone from regretting not getting more when they were cheap, to having more than I really need.

My order for the blues arrived super fast. Strangely the shipping notification email arrived 2 days after the tanks showed up.

Backups for your backups backup.

I say that as I am building another stash for the kayfuns.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'd agree with most of that... however, I think the Eleaf RBA is better than the others... there are 3: Anyvape Sega, Anyvape Fury (v2), Triton (POS). The list of coils compatible is also too small. Virtually any Atlantis coil will work. That means the Supertank coils from Tobeco and the cCells from Vaporesso and the Playboy coils and so many many more.
Good tank!

yepper, that 'sealed' the deal for me - I liked the way the Melo 3 vaped, then the RBA's for it made it a keeper...
I put together all the parts needed, then stashed them away for apocalyptic reasons... o_O :p (besides, the eGo ONE/CLR rules-the-roost)
the coils are very close and also very different - I like them both but the Anyvape is of higher quality...
upload_2017-6-29_0-57-33.png
Eleaf ECR RBA
Anyvape RBA​

I had a melo III mini and JUST PIF'd it. I didn't know there was a RBA for it. Darn it.

Those were the coils I was using in the melo III and then Atlantis Evo and I quite liked them.

so ya had it right in your hands and let it slip... :ohmy: :eek: :blush:

:smokie:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Sublime Vapor where I got the blue KFL's is selling the gold colored ones for $5 now.

Already have (2) in SS, (2) in Gold, and (2) in the Blue for my stash. But at that $5 price for the gold...I've got several coming to put away for inexpensive, yet decent, Christmas gifts for vaping friends and relatives!

Thanks for the post on them! :)

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
yepper, that 'sealed' the deal for me - I liked the way the Melo 3 vaped, then the RBA's for it made it a keeper...
I put together all the parts needed, then stashed them away for apocalyptic reasons... o_O :p (besides, the eGo ONE/CLR rules-the-roost)
the coils are very close and also very different - I like them both but the Anyvape is of higher quality...
View attachment 667687 Eleaf ECR RBA
Anyvape RBA​

so ya had it right in your hands and let it slip... :ohmy: :eek: :blush:

:smokie:
Who knows, may get it back. It went to someone local under the stipulation that if they were using it they could keep if, if it wasn't being used I get it back. I had moved on to kfs and rebuilding, had only used the m3m as a subohm setup so I didn't think to see if it could work for my new purposes. Live and learn.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
All this talk of rotations...

I pulled out my very old Big Buddha, disassembled it, cleaned it, and built it. I had intended it to sit on my Seven-22, but it came out a tetch too low at 0.47 Ohms (the Seven-22 fires down to 0.5)... 2 x 28 AWG Ka1 2 mm 5 wrap contact coils with LONG legs. So, I screwed it onto my Presa 100, instead. At 22 watts, it ought to last a while with a 4200 mAh 26650 on board. Well, that and 10 ml of 6 nic :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Who knows, may get it back. It went to someone local under the stipulation that if they were using it they could keep if, if it wasn't being used I get it back. I had moved on to kfs and rebuilding, had only used the m3m as a subohm setup so I didn't think to see if it could work for my new purposes. Live and learn.

it's funny that the Melo 3 is still holding a high price at most places...
I keep looking and if I see a sale I'd buy several...

;)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@RainSong - The Serpent Mini is on a Flash Sale now on Gearbest, in both SS and in Black. They're too cute, IMO, and when I checked out the specs...they look great: 3mL capacity glass tank, top fill, can pull the build deck without emptying the tank, coil rests over the airhole & leads get easily trapped by a screw (no catching it under a screw head), adjustable airflow, only 31mm tall (without a drip tip on it), etc. That's only about 1mm taller than the KFL shorty with the flat-top bell cap on it!

After reading all that and looking at the pics...I'm tempted to get 1, or 1 of each color, myself!

Original Wotofo Serpent Mini RTA Atomizer -$17.35 Online Shopping| GearBest.com - $17.35 for Black, $16.11 for SS with free S/H. Says they'd ship June 30th!

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
@RainSong - The Serpent Mini is on a Flash Sale now on Gearbest, in both SS and in Black. They're too cute, IMO, and when I checked out the specs...they look great: 3mL capacity glass tank, top fill, can pull the build deck without emptying the tank, coil rests over the airhole & leads get easily trapped by a screw (no catching it under a screw head), adjustable airflow, only 31mm tall (without a drip tip on it), etc. That's only about 1mm taller than the KFL shorty with the flat-top bell cap on it!

After reading all that and looking at the pics...I'm tempted to get 1, or 1 of each color, myself!

Original Wotofo Serpent Mini RTA Atomizer -$17.35 Online Shopping| GearBest.com - $17.35 for Black, $16.11 for SS with free S/H. Says they'd ship June 30th!
I did see that sale but I'm not allowed to buy anything until we get past the first of the month bills :nah:

I have 2 FT KF v3 minis that would be ok to use but they short out All The Time. I can't be certain but I feel like the deck screws hang over too far and touch the chimney. They've just been sitting in the rack of discarded attys because they frustrate me. I feel like if I found screws with smaller heads I could make those attys work.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
. I'll check out the eggie, what is the specific name to google to check them out?

This is the small beloved Eggo Rollio. It's a 2ml and I believe 19mm diameter, but other than size, it's the same delightful CLR tank.

Joyetech eGo ONE V2 Tank

Rain, I think it was T Tex (was it you, @ToolmanTexas?) who recommended some better KF screws that are available on Amazonia. I got a small baggie of them, but have never tried them.

40 Lashes with a pool noodle.

No!!! Detest those tips! :laugh:

RainSong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
This is the small beloved Eggo Rollio. It's a 2ml and I believe 19mm diameter, but other than size, it's the same delightful CLR tank.

Joyetech eGo ONE V2 Tank

Rain, I think it was T Tex (was it you, @ToolmanTexas?) who recommended some better KF screws that are available on Amazonia. I got a small baggie of them, but have never tried them.

No!!! Detest those tips! :laugh:
So you rebuild the drop in coils? I imagine there are tutorial videos on YouTube?

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Just discussing the best way to get the juices flowing...

I'm talking about squonking, get your minds outta the gutter people! Though admittedly squonking does sound kind of dirty I suppose.
Not as **** as splodging, which is what one well known Aussie TPer calls squonking ;)

:lol:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    You lot are nuts! There's not enough hours in the day for me to keep up with this thread!
    Keep up? Does anyone actually do that? I just randomly pick one of the pages I missed, quote a couple people, then move to the last page. That way everyone thinks I was keeping up.;)

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    Keep up? Does anyone actually do that? I just randomly pick one of the pages I missed, quote a couple people, then move to the last page. That way everyone thinks I was keeping up.;)
    OTOH, some of us have read every post of all 3 episodes ... mind, some have been umm ... interesting (pink water heaters for instance) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread