Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
@juskiddin - Welcome back, eh?

You ready to start buildin'??????????? :evil:
Um...er...maybe after I've unpacked? :cry:
First I have to catch up on everything I missed, then do laundry, then wash and set my hair (Bwhahahahaaaaa! ).
Me? Resisting? Nooooooo.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
@Kenna, I've found some Ehpro kayfun Lite Plus tanks, but they are apparently V1, or at least they don't say V2 like the ones from Vaporrange do. Would these be essentially the same as V2 in terms of building?
Anyone else feel free to chime in also if you know the answer.
Yes. I have one v1. It has 1 adjustable airhole. It was pif'd to me as a Nano set up. The bases are the same. Link?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Well T-Puffers, I'm back.

Holy "like" homework! I popped in a couple of times while away but didn't really have time to "like" or post - the Oregon coast beach was calling. Couldn't resist walking in the crazy wind! Helped to blow out the cobwebs for sure.

Spied a wee vape shop while rolling in to Lincoln City. Walked from our hotel to check it out Sunday morning but it was closed :( My fault for rising and shining too early.

Strangest thing happened while crossing the border on the way down. Border dude took our passports, scanned them, gave them back and waved us through. What?! Not one question, didn't even utter one word. Weird. That's never happened. Fine by me.

Anyhoozle, hope y'all have been great.

Cheers!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Well T-Puffers, I'm back.

Holy "like" homework! I popped in a couple of times while away but didn't really have time to "like" or post - the Oregon coast beach was calling. Couldn't resist walking in the crazy wind! Helped to blow out the cobwebs for sure.

Spied a wee vape shop while rolling in to Lincoln City. Walked from our hotel to check it out Sunday morning but it was closed :( My fault for rising and shining too early.

Strangest thing happened while crossing the border on the way down. Border dude took our passports, scanned them, gave them back and waved us through. What?! Not one question, didn't even utter one word. Weird. That's never happened. Fine by me.

Anyhoozle, hope y'all have been great.

Cheers!

Last time I crossed from Canada into the US the only thing he asked was "Is that your wife sitting beside you?" :lol:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Um...er...maybe after I've unpacked? :cry:
    First I have to catch up on everything I missed, then do laundry, then wash and set my hair (Bwhahahahaaaaa! ).
    Me? Resisting? Nooooooo.

No worries, friend. Just glad you are home safe and sound!

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    Last time I crossed from Canada into the US the only thing he asked was "Is that your wife sitting beside you?" :lol:

The last time I crossed to go into the USA (some 25 or so odd years ago) we got held up in customs and immigration for three and a half hours.Of course way back then I had hair half way down my back a beard and looked like a thug. :)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    The last time I crossed to go into the USA (some 25 or so odd years ago) we got held up in customs and immigration for three and a half hours.Of course way back then I had hair half way down my back a beard and looked like a thug. :)
    They probably wanted to make sure you weren't a draft-dodging refugee sneaking back home for a visit.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Mornin' @Krisma!

I'm so tickled.... built up the second Mini V3 with SS316L and wicked with cotton. I think I've found my new favorite atties!!!

They look elegant, they aren't too difficult to build. Have sufficient airflow and juice flow..... :w00t:

rhelton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    I'm wondering about a Kayfun. Just lay the wick across the top & let it blend into the wick going thru the coil on the side? Might need a pic. Probably do.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
    It seems to work ok. I used a thin strip of the outside layer of a KGD pad and laid it acrross the wick like you explained. I am not sure yet how the coil looks but its a tad bid more saturated vape.

rhelton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    Waves back :p

I bought a heron clone (3fvape) as spares for my authentics and I have to say they are very well built. Easy to setup and in the same vane as the Promety and Achilles a great vape.
    Can you link me to the one you got please. I planned on ordering the new one that FT has next week but if the 3f one is the updated version ill go with that one.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I'm wondering about a Kayfun. Just lay the wick across the top & let it blend into the wick going thru the coil on the side? Might need a pic. Probably do.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
    Back in the day when it was called the Mummy Wick. We used the rough strip from the KGD pad draped across the coil, blending into the wick below.

Please forgive old bad phone picture...
    Kj2Wlrvl.jpg

Woofer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2014
    PA, SK, CA
    Back in the day when it was called the Mummy Wick. We used the rough strip from the KGD pad draped across the coil, blending into the wick below.

Kj2Wlrvl.jpg

Ahh ok, I am using less on top and it is in contact with coil, rayon and not cotton fwiw.

Back in the day and KGD, lol was that a couple months ago. :p

Woofer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2014
    PA, SK, CA
    It just occurred to me that I suppose I have evolved into vaping like a pipe smoker smokes a good pipe? That is pretty much what seems to be. That puff-puff-puff thing...but no real inhale per se. Hmmm. Tootle Puffer for sure...but a new sub-category, perhaps? :rolleyes:

I don`t inhale much or often. I did smoke a pipe for many years before I got too busy and started cigs. :D

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

Kj2Wlrvl.jpg
    Ok, thanks! I never peel that outside layer off. The fibers all run straight & they wick just fine leaving it on. I do split the pad layers in half, but I leave those flat layers on. I've been using a wider wick lately, like someone here suggested, too.

Users who are viewing this thread