Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
This was my experience when I first got it, exactly what you say: The weight of the battery on top of the mod is heavy enough to fire the button. Now it doesn't happen, and I have absolutely no idea if it's because the fire button has become less sensitive (maybe dust or whatever creating more friction / resistance?), or if it's because my muscle memory has me holding it slightly differently. I think it's that the button has actually lost a bit of its sensitivity, because I do typically hold it as you describe, and with the button in crook of my thumb, held sideways with the weight of the mod bearing down from above (standard palming style of mod hold) it doesn't fire just from that any more. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thing is, if the change is environmental, one cannot depend on it: dust, humidity, dryness, temperature might make a (slight but enough) difference in the sensitivity, but that's not dependable or calculable.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
onward - n - upward

I'd much rather have the stuff in the first picture over the stuff in the second picture... :blink:

a H-U-G-E improvement from say 2014 to 2017​

if I recall, I paid $59.99 for my first Kanger EVOD kit :ohmy:

:evil:

Yup,I remember going to my local B&M (in 2014) and they were pushing the MVP.I didn't buy one cause I wanted something without an internal battery,I walked out with the first rendition of the eVic.I paid just over a hundred bucks for it. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
That, and feedback from dentist, doctor... oh, but we're all anecdotal, not REAL evidence... :mad:

:thumb:

(I'll also add that the finish is gorgeous, but might not work well as a pocket carry with coins, keys, etc. or carried loose with other stuff. I expect it would get scratched and dinged, but I haven't subjected my precious to such cruelty! :p)

Hold that thought for maybe a week or so, Tazzle. :angel:

You have articulated exactly the issue I had with the jac. I normally balance a mod on my thumb and close my hand to push the mod down on my thumb. That is impossible with the Jac. The weight of the battery on top of the mod is heavy enough to fire the button. I struggled to find a way to pick it up without it firing, such a pretty and well made mod but sadly not a keeper for me.

As we know, Ms. K, there's no such thing as a perfect mod. Unlike our old habit, our new one brings options that are literally mind-boggling, totally awesome, and almost ensures that someone CAN find what works best for them (if they're willing to make the effort).

Case in point, I've two absolutely stunning EPM mods (ever heard of 'em, ;) ) that don't sit in my stand, but instead, actually occupy space on the very desk that I work. They're STILL two of my favorites (I call them King & Queen now), this many years later.

Conversely, you got rid of yours.
I know, I know. You bought 'em/it back, but that doesn't play to the theme of the "story".
Like I've said many times over, "Vaping - it's personal." Ain't it grand. :):party::vapor:

ps: Any trouble getting rid of Jackie down your way? I'd hope/expect not, but one never knows. I hope it wasn't money wasted for you ("Recoup!").

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
:thumb:

Hold that thought for maybe a week or so, Tazzle. :angel:

As we know, Ms. K, there's no such thing as a perfect mod. Unlike our old habit, our new one brings options that are literally mind-boggling, totally awesome, and almost ensures that someone CAN find what works best for them (if they're willing to make the effort).

Case in point, I've two absolutely stunning EPM mods (ever heard of 'em, ;) ) that don't sit in my stand, but instead, actually occupy space on the very desk that I work. They're STILL two of my favorites (I call them King & Queen now), this many years later.

I know, I know. You bought 'em/it back, but that doesn't play to the theme of the "story".
Like I've said many times over, "Vaping - it's personal." Ain't it grand. :):party::vapor:

ps: Any trouble getting rid of Jackie down your way? I'd hope/expect not, but one never knows. I hope it wasn't money wasted for you ("Recoup!").

I kept one of my EPM's they are soooooooooo stunning i could not bear to sell the secind one.

I never worry too much about the cost of trying something new. They were quite cheap and if you don't try .... you never know.

I would never have guessed that the little ikonns would be so adorable and have not been out of my hand since I bought them. I ordered another couple. I am goung to do some magic to one of them. :p

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I kept one of my EPM's they are soooooooooo stunning i could not bear to sell the secind one.

I never worry too much about the cost of trying something new. They were wuite cheap and if you don't tey .... you never know.

Go on - mess up my "story". I won't mind.

;) :lol:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Its too heavy for me to use but I love it anyway

I have to charge mine every 2nd or 3rd day, even the big'n, if that's any indication. I haven't even had to break out the backup batteries yet either. These suckers may end up running for a decade or more.

What a truly marvelous "find" they turned out to be. Came with new friends too, even! Who knew. :D

I hope Eric's doing OK.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I have to charge mine every 2nd or 3rd day, even the big'n, if that's any indication. I haven't even had to break out the backup batteries yet either. These suckers may end up running for a decade or more.

What a truly marvelous "find" they turned out to be. Came with new friends too, even! Who knew. :D

I hope Eric's doing OK.

You got stuck with me..... :p:p:p

I dunno (little question)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You got stuck with me..... :p:p:p

I dunno (little question)

Ain't no glue on me!

Do the math.

Work, me, late. :wub::):thumbs:

Boulier1.JPG

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX
I still have one MVP2! I gave two away but I can't seem to let the last one go!
I have looked at the Jac and it reminds me somewhat of my eleaf Aster. I really don't need more mods because I have 13 Provaris, 3 Picos and an assortment of 14 various isticks ranging from 10 to 60s!, 2 Evic minis and 4 Reos!
Do I need more? NO! Do I want more? MAYBE ;)

I don't have a black Pico!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Some time ago I read your review of the EPM you posted a few years ago and have kept my eyes open for one.

Have not been able to find one. They've disappeared haven't they?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have looked at the Jac and it reminds me somewhat of my eleaf Aster. I really don't need more mods because I have 13 Provaris, 3 Picos and an assortment of 14 various isticks ranging from 10 to 60s!, 2 Evic minis and 4 Reos!

Thats more than enough reason to get one. Remember Smeagle from "the lord of the rings " (Because me wants it)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

I think you'll be OK!!! :laugh:

Some time ago I read your review of the EPM you posted a few years ago and have kept my eyes open for one.

Have not been able to find one. They've disappeared haven't they?

Yeah, they're gone. The very-fine maker decided to go into other directions. The few of us that have them are guarding them with our lives, and 2 in the states have already had to retire theirs due to the batteries expiring. Kat and I bought backup batteries for ours, so we'll carry the water for a while.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Might be able to source replacements? Maybe RC car sources?

It's actually a semi-simple battery pack, either two 18650s or two 18490s married via a wrapping. So yes, it technically could be done, but I don't know if someone would want to incur the cost given the market options today.

When mine go they will occupy a prime spot in my "Vape Museum", along with some other select loves. :)

To paraphrase from the book series my initial avatar was drawn from, "The vape world has moved on."

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
In case some who DIY on here need VG:

Bulk Apothecary is having a VG Sale until midnight Sunday. All sizes of VG are 26% off, with code: VGSALE

That brings down the cost of a 10lb. jug/gallon to $9.91. When they have a pretty large discount like that, I usually order 2 gals. of VG, and with S/H (from OH to FL) it comes out to $16.96/gallon delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread