Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Why I LOVE THE istick Pico mod

1. Pocket friendly 10 mm taller than Mini Volt but holds a full 18650 battery

2. Fires 1-75 watts

3. Lighter weight than other single battery mods.

4. Does either power or wattage mode.

5. Very accurate ohm meter.

6 firmware upgradeable.

7. Battery goes in upside down. If the battery vents the gasses will be directed from your face

8. Very stable chip set.

9. With tge screw cap you can use either flat or button top 18650 batteries

The Pico is my favorite mod EVER! I have four of them.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Another benefit of the screw cap is that if you drop it, the magnetic door doesn't fly off, simultaneously slicing the wrapper of the battery that also falls out and smashes against the hard terrazzo floor.* :)

* might be based on real life experience of dropping a non-pico magnetic battery door mod onto a hard terrazzo floor

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Puff you are making me nostalgic the MVP was my go to mod when i stepped up from ego batteries

boy do I hear ya :thumb:

I went from fumbling around with the early eGo stick batteries/CE2 tanks...

-then fell into the marvelous EVOD kit from Kanger...
-then the ALL-MIGHTY MVP 2.0...

between those two is HOW/WHY I was able to stop smoking :w00t:

I still think the Kanger EVOD kit would be a great "gift" today for a smoker convert
TWO (batteries/tanks) - 7 coils - a charger (say, maybe $20)
simple and not far removed from a cigarette (in size) which seems biggest complaint with newbies
I'm gonna go see if I can dig up my old EVOD set-up

ah yes - the MVP & a 1/5 of bourbon -- those were the days :party: :smokie:

upload_2017-7-20_16-0-59.png

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Yup,I remember going to my local B&M (in 2014) and they were pushing the MVP.I didn't buy one cause I wanted something without an internal battery,I walked out with the first rendition of the eVic.I paid just over a hundred bucks for it. :)

well now, I remember ALMOST getting one of those first eVic's

had the "GEEK" within stirring - I wasn't sure if I wanted to go all tech-no with my new hobby
and ultimately just never bought one

but now I have several eVic labeled mods... :D

:evil:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Another benefit of the screw cap is that if you drop it, the magnetic door doesn't fly off, simultaneously slicing the wrapper of the battery that also falls out and smashes against the hard terrazzo floor.* :)

* might be based on real life experience of dropping a non-pico magnetic battery door mod onto a hard terrazzo floor

you mean some people drop their mods ? and on hard surfaces :eek: :shock:

:D

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Why rebuild

I have several stock coil heads for the nautilus Mini. Those are set aside for when ny left hand goes and can no longer build or see well enough to build.

I have never found Pre made coil head that provides the flavor my hand made coil makes.

You're probably thinking "but i don't want to build every 2-3 days.

One of my coils lasts me for 2 1/2-3 months.

I replace the wick every 2-3 days but it only takes 2 minutes for me to pull the wick, dry burn the kanthal or stainless steel coil, replace wick and cut to size and I'm vaping again. When i used Rayon i only needed to rewick once a week- 10 days

Using cotton a coil and wicking for 3 months costs about 15 cents. Organic cotton balls.

Using Rayon. The cost for coil and wicking drops to 5-6 cents

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I still have one MVP2! I gave two away but I can't seem to let the last one go!
I have looked at the Jac and it reminds me somewhat of my eleaf Aster. I really don't need more mods because I have 13 Provaris, 3 Picos and an assortment of 14 various isticks ranging from 10 to 60s!, 2 Evic minis and 4 Reos!
Do I need more? NO! Do I want more? MAYBE ;)

I don't have a black Pico!

haha, I surely wouldn't be the one to ask that question :rolleyes: :eek:

my mindset would be along the lines of
if you were buying cigarettes (more cost) they are JUST GONE
or it is like the bomb shelter scenario , when "it happens" - everybody wants IN your shelter (or if they can have/use one of your MODs)
or you could be like TAZ and drop it and break it

so collect away, we are just trying to survive :banana: :rickroll: :banana:

:thumbs:

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

I still think the Kanger EVOD kit would be a great "gift" today for a smoker convert
simple and not far removed from a cigarette (in size) which seems biggest complaint with newbies

Are you trying to tell me they have come out with something new since the Evod.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

:p:p:p

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

I was firmly in the carto camp and missed all the early clearomizers. It wasn't until aspire brought out the little BVC coils that the game changed for me.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

or it is like the bomb shelter scenario , when "it happens" - everybody wants IN your shelter (or if they can have/use one of your MODs)

I still have 4 MVP's that I keep charged and use them as battery chargers when we go fishing. They became a big part of our disaster plan when we lost power for the week late last year.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2011
McKinney, TX

Me likes the way ya think :):wub:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

When new vapers in the past have posted in the New Members forum, wanting recommendations for something to start with...I've suggested both of those to them. Many others poo-poo'd those ideas by suggesting the bigger, newer, higher power mods and tanks for them...some even sub-ohm set-ups! So, unless someone posts that they want a set-up for their grandmother or other relative who is still smoking, but very little, I don't even recommend them any more. I do know that several HAVE gotten the Evod kits because of it, because they've PM'd me afterwards to thank me for the idea.

I DO still have a good-sized stash of both of those you mentioned, because a couple relatives and several local people I've helped, and am helping now, to convert to vaping...still want them and love them! I have more of the MVP2 kits now than the Evod kits. But I doubt that'll be for long, since several of the Evod people are ready for a larger capacity battery with vv/vw capability and another style of tank.

At 1 point The Vapor Room was clearancing those kits out. I bought 2 at $13.99/kit. Then they dropped them to $9.99...so I bought 4 more. Later they went to $7.99 and 3 more made their way into the stash. When they hit $5...I bought the 4-5 they had left. So far, I've had more than 1/2 of those be chosen by people changing over to vaping. Every 1 of those people loved them!

Now, I see some websites that still have them in stock, BUT...at about $34.99-$42.99 per kit! :shock:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I love those EVODs, and they were instrumental for a few of my kids. When I found them for the kids, I thought, "If they had these things when I began vaping, I might still be using them."

They were regulated, correct? I'm pretty sure those are the ones I'm thinking of.

Users who are viewing this thread