Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I don't exhale thru my nose. It burns a bit & doesn't smell is good as it tastes. Strange, because it smells good in the bottle, & in the air after an exhale, & tastes good. But bad when in my nose. My nose might be broken.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

That is pretty normal for higher nic liquid. 6mg and under it does not seem to happen to me but at 12mg where im at these days it does. Sometimes I dont mind it but for the most part I exhale thru my mouth.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Can you link me to the one you got please. I planned on ordering the new one that FT has next week but if the 3f one is the updated version ill go with that one.

Sorry I was elbow deep in black glue goo

The one I bought is not there anymore but this is the one they stocked in its place (I presume it was a problem with calling it a heron and logos) it's V2 and comes with the Poly tube

V2 Style RTA 5ml 22mm Silver Rebuildable Tank Atomizer w/ PC Tank

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
image.jpg
All clean now :p A manicure is on the cards again,

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The last time I crossed to go into the USA (some 25 or so odd years ago) we got held up in customs and immigration for three and a half hours.Of course way back then I had hair half way down my back a beard and looked like a thug. :)

Being as I was born in Canada, but have lived in the US all my life, I've had lots of fun at the border from time to time. Seems like they just don't understand that it's a federal offence to fold, spindle, or photo copy a Certificate of Citizenship! (and that 8x10 certificate is a bit big to carry around in my wallet)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Ahh ok, I am using less on top and it is in contact with coil, rayon and not cotton fwiw.

Back in the day and KGD, lol was that a couple months ago. :p
    It's all good, raised or touching, KGD or Rayon, and back in the day was 16 months ago. Hard to imagine back then everyone was vaping on the jankiest Kayfun ever to come out of the Philippines. :lol:

Which you can still find today at scandalous prices.
    The Ruzgar RTA

Or get it from FT.
    $5.34 Ruzgar Style Rebuildable Atomizer (2.5ml) - stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    ROUGH day! Managed to rewick my Goblin mini, and so far it's not bleeding all over the place, so far! Re-wicked an Arctic coil, got it out, burnt it, wrapped it and got it back in, somehow. Two semi-wins.
    I wont get into all the other fun of the day, excuse me while I go scream in pain.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2015
    Austin, TX
    Border stories...

I had a friend who was funding an independent film. He bought a gaggle of random thrift store t-shirts, put the film name on the back and F:censored: Off on the front and sold them for a small profit.

I was coming back from a bike rally in Mexico with 3 or 4 others, wearing that shirt.

We pulled into the checkpoint. The border guard looked at us, looked at my shirt, then yelled, "They're Americans." and waved us through.

Jay :headbang:

rhelton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    Sorry I was elbow deep in black glue goo

The one I bought is not there anymore but this is the one they stocked in its place (I presume it was a problem with calling it a heron and logos) it's V2 and comes with the Poly tube

V2 Style RTA 5ml 22mm Silver Rebuildable Tank Atomizer w/ PC Tank

Ok great that is the one I am after. This can be used as a normal tank no fluff needed right?

View attachment 558333 All clean now :p A manicure is on the cards again,

Of course you have a pink one :D What kind of panels are you going to make for it?

Krisma

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Australia
    Ok great that is the one I am after. This can be used as a normal tank no fluff needed right?

Of course you have a pink one :D What kind of panels are you going to make for it?

That version can be used with or without fluff.

I have been tinkering with mother of pearl sheets. It's not finished and this was a bit of scrap

rhelton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    That version can be used with or without fluff.

I have been tinkering with mother of pearl sheets. It's not finished and this was a bit of scrap

Oh wow that looks very nice. You just use 3M tape to adhere them?

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 27, 2015
    Austin, TX

Krisma

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Australia
    Oh wow that looks very nice. You just use 3M tape to adhere them?

Some of these pearl sheets come with an adhesive backing (I am still testing them) but this one doesn't so we will use our favourite 3M super sticky double sided sheets.

rhelton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    Some of these pearl sheets come with an adhesive backing (I am still testing them) but this one doesn't so we will use our favourite 3M super sticky double sided sheets.

What great fun that is I bet. And you get your own limited Krisma edition BB :)

Belhade

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    New York (no, not the city)
    I admit that my vaping style surely has evolved over the past 5 years. At this point I am wondering if I'm a ultra lightweight Tootle Puffer, or something! So..if I'm understanding correctly, most Tootlers do MTL. Okay, check. But then I see about MTL vapers liking tighter draws? This is true? What about M to Exhale vapers? lol! I don't like a tight draw. I like a pretty airy draw, tbh. Maybe not wide open...but quite airy, indeed. And...here's where I'm a little embarrassed. I'm not absolutely sure I even inhale into my lungs! I know I used to...43 years smoking and the first few years of vaping. But now? I seem to be all about flavor and kind of puff...but don't inhale to my lungs that I can detect (unless I consciously do it, that is). It's like I do several draws/puffs (like a series of "primer puffs") into my mouth for a few seconds letting it flow back out my mouth and nose continuously. Weird, huh. I am not sure when that all started. But I might just be the Tootle-est Tootle Puffer around. Anyone vape like me, or am I just unique? lol!! :tumble:

It just occurred to me that I suppose I have evolved into vaping like a pipe smoker smokes a good pipe? That is pretty much what seems to be. That puff-puff-puff thing...but no real inhale per se. Hmmm. Tootle Puffer for sure...but a new sub-category, perhaps? :rolleyes:

This is quite close to how I vape! At least, with my EVODs and Protanks. With extra airflow (holes drilled out of the bases) and a partially open mouth I can suck air in and get a bit of DL hit, but still restrictive enough that I can continually pull and huff out my nose until the battery cutoff. I used to watch my uncle and grandfather smoke pipes that way, wreathing themselves in smoke. I call it...the Hufflepuff. (as I hoist my geek flag)

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    Back in the day when it was called the Mummy Wick. We used the rough strip from the KGD pad draped across the coil, blending into the wick below.

Please forgive old bad phone picture...
    Kj2Wlrvl.jpg
    And this (from a couple of years ago), an EVOD with the "flavour wicks" replaced with rayon.

sVpmY9d.png

Users who are viewing this thread