Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
So I put a tank through the Avocado, it's "meh" at best IMO. The Theorom has much better flavor and doesn't get near as hot. I'll play with it another day and try another build. Maybe the coil was just too big, I'm still learning this SS and TC stuff.
TC can drive you nuts in the beginning...
I can do it good, but hell if I can explain it all!! :w00t:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Happy Vapaversary to Flakes and Shawn (and really ALL of us....)

@sawlight.... what I've come to realize with TC mode is that you set the temp for the heat of your vape and the watts for how fast you want to get there. Once I got that through my thick skull, TC is no biggie for me.

Lower power, slower ramp up. Once you hit temp, the mid will fluctuate power to keep you there.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Happy Vapaversary to Flakes and Shawn (and really ALL of us....)

@sawlight.... what I've come to realize with TC mode is that you set the temp for the heat of your vape and the watts for how fast you want to get there. Once I got that through my thick skull, TC is no biggie for me.

Lower power, slower ramp up. Once you hit temp, the mid will fluctuate power to keep you there.
Thank you, got that bit figured out, I was just surprised at how different the two atties acted when set the same way. I'm still thinking I need a smaller build on the Avocado so it can heat more quickly.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Thank you, got that bit figured out, I was just surprised at how different the two atties acted when set the same way.
I'm still thinking I need a smaller build on the Avocado so it can heat more quickly.

smaller build do you mean THINNER wire ?
that's how I roll (28, 29, 30g), the heavy gauge just takes TOO MUCH - IMO

:evil:

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Thank you, got that bit figured out, I was just surprised at how different the two atties acted when set the same way. I'm still thinking I need a smaller build on the Avocado so it can heat more quickly.

Ah, my apologies. It's late and I'm tired and I catch your true kweshun.

Is airflow the same on the two atties?

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
smaller build do you mean THINNER wire ?
that's how I roll (28, 29 30g), the heavy gauge just takes TOO MUCH - IMO

:evil:

Unless I go Kanthal I can't go thinner, all I've got in SS is 22ga, guess I hosed it on that purchase? I'm trying to do as close as a comparison to the Theorom's notch coil in it as I can. By smaller I mean just a smaller coil, I'll try taking a few wraps off the one I have in there now and see what that does.

Ah, my apologies. It's late and I'm tired and I catch your true kweshun.

Is airflow the same on the two atties?
No worries!
Kinda the same, but not, the Theorom air comes down over the coil, in the Avocado it's across the coil from the outside. They are basically new versions of the Genesis style atties, done just a little differently.

I been to France
I been to Spain
I helped to stop
Saddam Hussein

But I won't be happy
I won't be free
'Til I :censored: the Army
Like the Army :censored: me!

Happy Memorial Day.

Jay :headbang:
US Army '86-'93

Thank you!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've settled on 28ga for Kanthal, SS316L, and Titanium (not much of a Titanium fan). I vape between 6W and 10W on a 2.5mm coil. Since I started winding 2.5mm coils I can sense a slight, but noticeable increase in flavor. Some say that there's no flavor difference between 3mm and 2.5mm coils because the same length of wire is used for the same resistance. That's true, but a 2.5mm coil is longer and covers a longer length of wick. My take is that a larger coil may not fully heat the juice in the center of a larger diameter wick as well as a smaller coil heats a smaller diameter wick.

I was a technician/field engineer type for 36 years. Ask me what time it is and I'll explain how to build a watch. :)

Last edited:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I was a technician/field engineer type for 36 years. Ask me what time it is and I'll explain how to build a watch. :)

That's the best tag line I've seen lately! And, man do I understand.
    Last night I was explaining how to do something to my wife. She interrupts me and says "alright already! I only wanted to know what temperature to set the oven"!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011

Not a technician myself - nor do I think I will ever be able to understand how to build coils (way to confusing and fraustrating for "Me"), however like 'You" - when I am asked what time it is I have been known to go one step further and tell ya how to build a clock . . . :facepalm:

BTW: FYI - That's the problem with certain people knowing too much information and trivia . . . ;)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Not a technician myself - nor do I think I will ever be able to understand how to build coils (way to confusing and fraustrating for "Me"), however like 'You" - when I am asked what time it is I have been known to go one step further and tell ya how to build a clock . . . :facepalm:

BTW: FYI - That's the problem with certain people knowing too much information and trivia . . . ;)
    Autism spectrum, anyone? @tj99959 , @Uncle , @DaveP and who else?

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    Forgot to add I'd have liked to try 29 gauge but hadn't seen any at our local B & M stores carry it.
    Yup...gotta start ordering things over the interwebs real soon!

I put a 29 gauge build in the KFM3. It works well. Not sure at this point if I will be buying more.

If you order over the interwebs you will start getting vape mail.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Autism spectrum, anyone? @tj99959 , @Uncle , @DaveP and who else?

You mean? ... Using DSM-IV, patients could be diagnosed with four separate disorders: autistic disorder, Asperger’s disorder, childhood disintegrative disorder, or the catch-all diagnosis of pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified. Researchers found that these separate diagnoses were not consistently applied across different clinics and treatment centers. Anyone diagnosed with one of the four pervasive developmental disorders (PDD) from DSM-IV should still meet the criteria for ASD in DSM-5 or another, more accurate DSM-5 diagnosis. While DSM does not outline recommended treatment and services for mental disorders, determining an accurate diagnosis is a first step for a clinician in defining a treatment plan for a patient.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida
    You mean? ... Using DSM-IV, patients could be diagnosed with four separate disorders: autistic disorder, Asperger’s disorder, childhood disintegrative disorder, or the catch-all diagnosis of pervasive developmental disorder not otherwise specified. Researchers found that these separate diagnoses were not consistently applied across different clinics and treatment centers. Anyone diagnosed with one of the four pervasive developmental disorders (PDD) from DSM-IV should still meet the criteria for ASD in DSM-5 or another, more accurate DSM-5 diagnosis. While DSM does not outline recommended treatment and services for mental disorders, determining an accurate diagnosis is a first step for a clinician in defining a treatment plan for a patient.

Exactly!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread