Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Here's a bill for $xxxx.xx - have a nice day.

That's it. I'm raising my tech support prices. WOAH!

BUT WE, as a community, need to take RESPONSIBILITY for OURSELVES.

QFT, and BFT!!!! (and it's not just for vape, lovie doves...)

How did the more experienced folk learn - THEY RESEARCHED ON THEIR OWN because there wasn't a huge community on which they could schlep.

That we did, and did it gleefully, even when there was no help to be found. Right on, mah Dings. Totally accurate assessment. :thumbs:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011

ovnTkb8.gif

GOOD VIBES - Healing Thoughts
&

hugs-the-wave-ag1.gif

Are being sent for Ya' MOM . . .

Brother - take a rest. Take care of YOURSELF and your family. You aren't responsible for the chlorine in the gene pool.....

100.gif

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I'm back. Whew...

Still can't promise I'm gonna be horribly active on this (or any other) forum... Kinda exhausted and burned out...

Oh, and there's a chance you'll see this on multiple threads.

But, Shawn, where were you?

Remember back in June, I was gone for a bit because I went out to Colorado to see how my Mom was doing as she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer? This time, I went back for the surgery to remove the thyroid. All went well... Mom is fine. The cells were all benign. Stitches are out, now.

Those trips put around 10,000 miles on the car, and 5179617873587817 miles on me. I ain't as young as once I was.

But, Shawn... burned out?

Of course, this does not apply to this group... thread... whatever... Y'all know that I do my best to be helpful, but I am tired of answering questions that should be painfully obvious. I am wondering how some of these people that I am having to deal with ever survived under that rock, or with that much sand piled on top of their heads. I am also worn out having people argue their stupidity in the face of facts. For example, when a person posts a pic of their vape mail that includes a set of aliens that will come out at 0.1 Ohm, a tube mech, a new RDA, and a set of MXJO 40 Amp 3000 mAh batteries, I politely remind them that MXJO cells are rewraps, and NOT accurately labelled or rated. I mention in polite, non-snarky terms, that running that build on those batteries could have serious consequences. I then include a link to tests by Mooch. The response I get is, invariably, something along the lines of "Uh uh. My brother knows a guy that spoke to someone that had contacts with the sister of a fellow that works in the factory, and these are the best!" Sigh... Or, questions like "What's the best flavor tank/mod/coil?" What?!? There are 165146216581615351465^254 different possible configurations (I counted... that number is accurate... you're welcome to count and prove me wrong), and very nearly all of them will deliver good flavor if configured correctly. Of course, someone will come along and rattle off the name of the newest shiny and claim it king (or queen), but it's pure marketing and rather IMO disingenuous. Oh, yeah, and another favorite "This tank leaks!" It's a frickin' bottle with holes in the bottom! Of course, it leaks. There are ways to minimize the leaking, but IT'S A FRICKIN' BOTTLE WITH HOLES IN THE BOTTOM!!!

Sorry to burden y'all, but some have been asking, and I needed to vent a little after the last couple weeks...

Sigh...
Very glad to see you poking your head in. You, and your mom, have been in my thoughts.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
HG order came today. 10 days in transit. I got a Tron s tank (that is too airy) a couple of 1.8 ego one tanks that i haven't tried yet, and 2 ego mega stick batteries that look real nice on the Nautilus 2 tank. Unfortunately i just got 10 triton mini coils for it that are 1.8 ohm and a little wimpy under direct power. The 0.7 ohm Nautilus coils work nice though with the stick battery.
709f1302994cd7c1d7dbbf78cdce9d80.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
The only 2 coils for the Nautilus line that vape well in my opinion on a mech or a device like you have are the .7 ohm coil and the 1.6 ohm coil. There max ratings are up to 4.2 volts. The rest of the Triton mini and Nautilus coils are rated up to around 5 volts.. They need that extra boost only a regulated mod can give them.

I like that set up. Looks nice.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Remember back in June, I was gone for a bit because I went out to Colorado to see how my Mom was doing as she had been diagnosed with thyroid cancer? This time, I went back for the surgery to remove the thyroid. All went well... Mom is fine. The cells were all benign. Stitches are out, now.
That's great news - so glad all is well :)

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Guess What Day It Is ? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Dang, not reading the thread 4 times a day for a few days and now 24 pages behind. :facepalm:

@Burnie, bless you, you still remembered to post! Thank you so very much. It's early Friday am, and I'm just getting to see this.

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I'm back. Whew...

Still can't promise I'm gonna be horribly active on this (or any other) forum... Kinda exhausted and burned out...

Those trips put around 10,000 miles on the car, and 5179617873587817 miles on me. I ain't as young as once I was.

Of course, this does not apply to this group... thread... whatever... Y'all know that I do my best to be helpful, but I am tired of answering questions that should be painfully obvious. I am wondering how some of these people that I am having to deal with ever survived under that rock, or with that much sand piled on top of their heads. I am also worn out having people argue their stupidity in the face of facts. For example, when a person posts a pic of their vape mail that includes a set of aliens that will come out at 0.1 Ohm, a tube mech, a new RDA, and a set of MXJO 40 Amp 3000 mAh batteries, I politely remind them that MXJO cells are rewraps, and NOT accurately labelled or rated. I mention in polite, non-snarky terms, that running that build on those batteries could have serious consequences. I then include a link to tests by Mooch. The response I get is, invariably, something along the lines of "Uh uh. My brother knows a guy that spoke to someone that had contacts with the sister of a fellow that works in the factory, and these are the best!" Sigh... Or, questions like "What's the best flavor tank/mod/coil?" What?!? There are 165146216581615351465^254 different possible configurations (I counted... that number is accurate... you're welcome to count and prove me wrong), and very nearly all of them will deliver good flavor if configured correctly. Of course, someone will come along and rattle off the name of the newest shiny and claim it king (or queen), but it's pure marketing and rather IMO disingenuous. Oh, yeah, and another favorite "This tank leaks!" It's a frickin' bottle with holes in the bottom! Of course, it leaks. There are ways to minimize the leaking, but IT'S A FRICKIN' BOTTLE WITH HOLES IN THE BOTTOM!!!

Sorry to burden y'all, but some have been asking, and I needed to vent a little after the last couple weeks...

Sigh...
Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings. I'm sure many of us have felt the same frustration any times. I hope you'll stick around…we would hate to see you leave…but you do what you have to.

About your mom…glad to hear she's fine.

Happy to obligee. Although, my phone case is pretty battered - like me, but there's generally a great deal of fun to be had within those konfines

Brother Shawn - Best wishes and heartfelt prayers for your Mum. More than scary, I'd imagine.

But, THANK YOU for your HONEST conveyance of how you feel. You are SOOOOOO very correct. I don't feel that people take the time to do their OWN research, but rather plop out with questions (that have been answered way more than ONCE - especially in threads like this). It is exhausting - I'm Tech Support, and there are a number of times I completely CRINGE when someone contacts me - "Well, I did it again. Can you help me fix it?" If you would do it the way I suggested the FIRST :censored: time, you wouldn't have to ask me again. Here's a bill for $xxxx.xx - have a nice day.

BUT, you also don't have to answer every stinking, silly, repeated question. I *KNOW* you want vapers to be safe and not do something asinine that might hurt them or others. BUT WE, as a community, need to take RESPONSIBILITY for OURSELVES.

How did the more experienced folk learn - THEY RESEARCHED ON THEIR OWN because there wasn't a huge community on which they could schlep.

Brother - take a rest. Take care of YOURSELF and your family. You aren't responsible for the chlorine in the gene pool.....
Right on Ding!

@Shawn Hoefer , first off, have a vape and relax. If it weren't for the "news at ten" aspect of the brother's girlfriend's uncle's...well, you get the idea...told me this is the safe way to vape this 0.0001 coil on a 18350 battery, I'd be inclined to let Darwinian selection take it's course. Unfortunately, we have to deal with these mental midgets for the benefit of the vaping community as a whole.
Now, about your mom's situation, all is well that ends well. I'm sending her my prayers for a speedy and complete recovery ( God listens to a sinner's prayers....or so I am told). For you, friend, I wish you the patience of a saint and the fury of a "scorned woman", use each as you see fit. We, or at least I for one, always found a nugget of wisdom, common sense or just plain old sense in your posts.....keep'm coming, I'll keep reading.
P.S. Getting back to vaping, I think you mentioned a mesh rda, maybe not here but in another thread. How do you feel about it now? Have you seen the Vandy Vape Mesh rda?
I love that line…so true!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
IT'S A FRICKIN' BOTTLE WITH HOLES IN THE BOTTOM!!!

I'm glad your mom's OK, Shawn, and THANKS FOR THE LAUGH (sorry)!

lol is a palindrome

At least I know what to get you for your birthday.

Sator_Square_at_Oppède.jpg

Oh, really?!

OK, "Maybe". ;)

Who is? I'd like a word with them.

QFT, and BFT!!!! (and it's not just for Vape, lovie doves...)

:thumb:
mUQePXw.gif
HEY - Leave "Me" out of this . . .
zTPCiE1.jpg

:lol::thumbs:

Time is running out.

On it. Thanks, Q!

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
@lil_buddy , did you get the FITT, or any other pod system for that matter? Any thoughts?

I've tried a couple of the pod systems. There very expensive to maintain even when you re wick yourself. They tend to leak all the time. There just a PITA. So I ended up buying the Ego Mini with the rebuildable CLR coils. It been the best little stealth vape. Easy to re wick and coil, never leaks, holds a little bit more juice and has a longer battery life than all the pods 850 mah. Go figure a device that's over 2 years old is better than the stuff they are putting out today. Love this little stealth vape.
02263927485ac908a29869e616cce0e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I'm back. Whew...

Sigh...

I'm glad things are getting better for your Mom.
Nice to see you back. :)

Users who are viewing this thread