Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
You sound very similar to myself........... Hey, this forum can't have two weirdos! .... yeah I know what you mean about single coil building being a breeze compared to where you came from ...... I was involved in Electronics for most of my life, as a career, and so building coils and anything electronic never phases me in the least.... Well, that's not exactly true because working with Nickle coils can be a real b*tch lol .... But the Mathematics and the theory are nothing to me as I have done that stuff for years.
Lol, I'm terrible at math but thankfully there's an app for that. :lol: I've learned more about batteries and electricity since I started vaping than I ever expected to know. The tinkering part and actually building with the wire came easily enough as I'm crafty and have worked with wire in jewelry/rosary making.

And there's *plenty* of weirdos up in this place. ;) No wonder I feel right at home.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Lol, I'm terrible at math but thankfully there's an app for that. :lol: I've learned more about batteries and electricity since I started vaping than I ever expected to know. The tinkering part and actually building with the wire came easily enough as I'm crafty and have worked with wire in jewelry/rosary making.

And there's *plenty* of weirdos up in this place. ;) No wonder I feel right at home.

lol ... nah you are a sweetheart and I always enjoy reading your posts for sure (you are far from weird) ..... I am a certified "nut", weirdo, or whatever you want to call me........ All as I know is that I am not your average bear lol ....

Hey, hang around me long enough and you will know the elementary electronics theory inside and out (I will teach you) ............ Bear in mind though that I am talking about "elementary" electronics theory lol .... Anything past that can get very complicated (math wise) and if you don't know lots of math (trig, calculus, geometry) then you can forget about it..... I am glad you are learning about batteries, coils, wire and such because those things are the very fundamentals of electronic circuits.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I also prefer sibgle coil atties.

I used to use. Dual coil atties

Orchid V3, silverplay Nano, and Goblin Mini, and Goblin Nano in single coil mode. Then i found the Kompact Kayfun and i was home.

I started out in cloudz bro land, because that's what the b&m sold me. My first RTA was a duel coil set up and I managed to somehow figure it out. When I started researching other vaping methods for my husband, he can't handle larger vapor volume or higher wattage, I found that it suited me better than the juice guzzling cloudy method. Coming from duel coil RTAs made single coil building an absolute breeze.

petrotech

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    My wife discovered a drink that's mega bucks in a bar but cheap at home and OMG a great drink that refreshing and low fat compared to beer. We can pound a 40 of rum in less than a week
    The Mojito:
    --Make a simple syrup of equal parts sugar and water(1cup water/1 cup sugar) just to a boil then cool and put into a bottle to dispense.
    --Lime..peel the skin off cause the skin makes the drink bitter, cut 1/3-1/2 lime or too taste into thin slices...add to glass. Lime juice isn't as good as lime
    --Mint Leaves...fresh mint in the store, break the leaves into glass, again amount to taste.
    --Pound the lime and mint down with a muddler (I use a piece of wood dowel) to break it all up into mushy, don't look down or you'll get lime in the eyes
    --equal amounts of simple syrup and booze(rum or vodka). Syrup too is to taste, I tried less than equal amounts and IMO not as good
    -- stir the base of booze and ingredients
    --add can of club soda then ice but don't mix too much after you add ice it will froth the soda over the cup
    --stir lightly to mix, then add ice, push down the leaves under the ice.
    Drink, enjoy then get ready to make another

sounds like a lot of work...lol. here's what I do:
    pour vodka in cup full of ice. squeeze lime wedge in it, then drop it in. then drink.

I like to keep it simple. lol.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Aspire Zelos 50 w/Nautilus 2...The battery looks like an eLeaf(?)...TC / VW / VV...Anybody have this one ?

LOL, you may have purchased something already, but I have this setup and I like it. It's my backup due to internal battery and USB charger, but I like it well enough that I also use it to switch up flavors. I really can't say anything negative about it other than that. The battery life is good, I'm still on my first charge... And I've had it for a bit. I like the lightness factor and the N2 is one of my favorite MTL tanks.

Someone recommended a cleto tank clone on this thread??? (Apologies for forgetting who). Thanks for the recommendation, but I actually gave my cleto away as I couldn't get into DL because that doesn't really work for me, though I do love Aspire products. It was gifted to me by my kiddo who gave up vaping around 5 mo ago, and it actually drove me to this forum, as I was chain-vaping and getting nic overload. I doubt I'll be buying clones, though I'm intrigued if someone on here was able to make it a MTL setup, I couldn't. :)

So, forum and aspire cleto, you are WELCOME for my presence!! :lol:

Anna

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    LOL, you may have purchased something already, but I have this setup and I like it. It's my backup due to internal battery and USB charger, but I like it well enough that I also use it to switch up flavors. I really can't say anything negative about it other than that. The battery life is good, I'm still on my first charge... And I've had it for a bit. I like the lightness factor and the N2 is one of my favorite MTL tanks.

Someone recommended a cleto tank clone on this thread??? (Apologies for forgetting who). Thanks for the recommendation, but I actually gave my cleto away as I couldn't get into DL because that doesn't really work for me, though I do love Aspire products. It was gifted to me by my kiddo who gave up vaping around 5 mo ago, and it actually drove me to this forum, as I was chain-vaping and getting nic overload. I doubt I'll be buying clones, though I'm intrigued if someone on here was able to make it a MTL setup, I couldn't. :)

Anna
    Thank You Anna...So nice to see you with the Tootle Puffers !!!...Trig :D

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    ...And Xmas is coming so I can always get a mini...a MegaVolt...And one of every other Toy in the shop !!!
    I like the way you think!

Well - Actually, this just might be more appropriate . . .
    medieval22.gif
    Love it. @Sir Kadly this is so you!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I like Goldshlager but cant afford it.

What i do

Put 2 tablespoons sugar in 200 ml bottle.

Add 3-4 drops Cinnamon oil.

Fill with Vodka

Put lid on tightly and shake till sugar dissolves.

I almost never drink. Only have a shot when i can't get to sleep.

sounds like a lot of work...lol. here's what I do:
    pour vodka in cup full of ice. squeeze lime wedge in it, then drop it in. then drink.

I like to keep it simple. lol.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!

Anna
    That was me :) and it says cleito but it is a Nautilus tank, 19mm and only $5!

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Can't beat that price.... But surely it takes cleto coils? IDK, maybe they make coils for it other than the ones my son handed me which I believe were octocouples with a 0.15 resistance. Given I was coming off my third pneumonia, my lungs were in NO state to handle that kind of vapor production, it wasn't a blazing start to vaping. Or maybe blazing DOES describe it quite accurately. :)

I'll have to check, but right now I'm pretty obsessed with my Kabuki, man I'm on day *6* with my Nautilus 1.6 preinstalled coil, and I use MAX VG (I'm sensitive to inhaled PG) and I even started putting coil junking liquids like storebought coco in it as I have some temp control coils I am interested in trying. I can't get it to die. I KNOW the reasonable solution is to just swap out and wash the other coil, but at THIS POINT (given in my Nautilus 2 I got about 3 days out of my coil max, unless I was using the 0.7) I'm kind of intrigued and want to see how long it lasts.... :D

Everything still tastes great, and if I can offset the cost of the darned TANK (LOL, I bought the titanium non-clone) by using less coils, I will be happy. I still have not told my husband of the exact nature of the cost of this purchase, but if he ever asks at LEAST I will be able to cite cost saving measures on coils....:lol:

Anna

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    That was me :) and it says cleito but it is a Nautilus tank, 19mm and only $5!
    I also replied saying i had bought three of them and a supply of coils for when i cant rebuild. Haven't received the atties. I hope the drip tip can be replaced. Don't like wide bore drip tips.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    Can't beat that price.... But surely it takes cleto coils? IDK, maybe they make coils for it other than the ones my son handed me which I believe were octocouples with a 0.15 resistance. Given I was coming off my third pneumonia, my lungs were in NO state to handle that kind of vapor production, it wasn't a blazing start to vaping. Or maybe blazing DOES describe it quite accurately. :)

I'll have to check, but right now I'm pretty obsessed with my Kabuki, man I'm on day *6* with my Nautilus 1.6 preinstalled coil, and I use MAX VG (I'm sensitive to inhaled PG) and I even started putting coil junking liquids like storebought coco in it as I have some temp control coils I am interested in trying. I can't get it to die. I KNOW the reasonable solution is to just swap out and wash the other coil, but at THIS POINT (given in my Nautilus 2 I got about 3 days out of my coil max, unless I was using the 0.7) I'm kind of intrigued and want to see how long it lasts.... :D

Everything still tastes great, and if I can offset the cost of the darned TANK (LOL, I bought the titanium non-clone) by using less coils, I will be happy. I still have not told my husband of the exact nature of the cost of this purchase, but if he ever asks at LEAST I will be able to cite cost saving measures on coils....:lol:

Anna
    It says Cleito Mini abd yes it uses different coils.

When i used tanks i liked the nautilus mini. The nautilus coils are why i took a chance on the Cleito mini.

The Nautilus Mini was a MTL TOOTLE PUFFER DREAM.

Then i learned building coils and found the juice i used tasted better at at a lower resistance .8-1 ohm lower than Nautilus coils.

Been building coils at .8 ohms ever since. I guess i am one of very few sub ohm tootle puffer.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    No, I tootle puff from time to time on the Nautilus 0.7 coil, but I turn wattage and airflow way down down down.... I'll have to check it out, didn't know they made a cleto mini. :)

Anna
    Yes the Cleito Mini coils are built to 1.6 ohm. I vaped Nautilus Mini about 3 years ago and the resistance was either 1.6 or 1.8.

So i have high hopes for the vape and airflow to be close to my Nautilus Mini.

Users who are viewing this thread