Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    :shock: "ME" ? ? ? ?

b73bb6f6_nah.gif
    I would - "Never Ever" - post anything "indecent" . . . :pervy:

All Ya' have to do is just ask @classwife & @robino . . . :facepalm:
    Well, maybe risque is a better word? Or ribald? Lewd? Bawdy?;)

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Ummm, a beer, a Texas shaped cheese and meat tray, a motel cup filled with wine (oops, my mistake, it's empty, it did have wine shortly before that picture was taken), a CF4, a custom wooden squonk mod, a Provari, and a coilmaster kit. Think I got everything.;)

You are very welcome.
    Just reminiscing a bit tonight, and the new avi is a pic from a wonderful trip to Texas almost a year ago. I did in fact forget to name one of the mods in the pic. I'll leave it to the Tootler's (surely a Tootle Puffer will recognize it) to see if they can identify it. I'll even help with a bigger pic.
    And dangnabbit now I see I left a second one out too, but I can't tell what it is hidden behind the squonker.

View attachment 680959
    Hmmm, so nobody in Tootle Puffer land is going to name the unmentioned mod, the tube on the right half of the picture, behind the cheese tray? It's classic TP gear, surely someone here knows what it is. (I'd name it but honestly I forget what it's called, since it isn't mine)

I also still haven't figured out what mod I had the Merlin sitting on when I took that picture, the mod is too hidden behind the wood mod for me to see. Oh well.

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    That's right, now I remember. Yep, she stopped using them and is using only CF4s now, so I couldn't remember what they were called.

Which reminds me, someone was asking about mods that take button top batteries, don't remember who. But I am almost positive the Vamo does.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Well, maybe risque is a better word? Or ribald? Lewd? Bawdy?;)

Well - Those descriptors are much better, especially since I tend to try and use a little "GAY" sarcasm (Tounge-in-cheek) when I am posting off topic . . .

d733457adf54c2976cbce8f60da160c0--personality-quizzes-fun-quizzes.jpg

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Hmmm, so nobody in Tootle Puffer land is going to name the unmentioned mod, the tube on the right half of the picture, behind the cheese tray? It's classic TP gear, surely someone here knows what it is. (I'd name it but honestly I forget what it's called, since it isn't mine)

I also still haven't figured out what mod I had the Merlin sitting on when I took that picture, the mod is too hidden behind the wood mod for me to see. Oh well.

Vamo..... Nebber mind. late to the par-tay again :(

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Vamo..... Nebber mind. late to the par-tay again :(
    Well, since the par-tay in that pic was August 26th of LAST year, and since I didn't send out invitations (well, OK, mebbe I did invite one person, or mebbe it was the other way around), I'll cut you some slack for missing it.;)

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2017
    which Russian would you recommend me taking for a kfl+v2 replacement?

'the russian': i think it comes with an airflow screw which i like and a side fill,overall i like it
    'russian 2.0':this one if i'm not mistaking has an airflow ring which i prefer less and a side fill too.

i have no idea about the difference between those two:
    the russian 91%
    the russian 91% v2

i also read that one of the Russian has issues with 510 pin not securing the deck or shorting or false reading,and some shops even mention they sell the one with the updated pin..

I'm not interested in their newer sub ohm dual coil tanks.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I use the Kompact Kayfun exclusively witg a Kayfun Lite V2 base.

In my blog i have several entries about the Kayfun along with parts lists.

'the russian': i think it comes with an airflow screw which i like and a side fill,overall i like it
    'russian 2.0':this one if i'm not mistaking has an airflow ring which i prefer less and a side fill too.

the russian 91%
    the russian 91% v2

i also read that one of the Russian has issues with 510 pin not securing the deck or shorting or false reading,and some shops even mention they sell the one with the updated pin..

RadiusNick

ECF Veteran
    Mar 10, 2017
    I use the Kompact Kayfun exclusively witg a Kayfun Lite V2 base.

In my blog i have several entries about the Kayfun along with parts lists.
    i already have 3 kfl+ and intending on selling one or two of them,and looking for a replacement.
    i'm thinking about the mini v3,but according to reviews i won't be able to get as tight of a draw without issues,
    so the russian seems as a good and relatively cheap alternative.
    since i've posted my question ,i've done more research and am more inclined towards the 2.0 since it has a different design and will be a bit of a refreshing experience and i'm less interested in getting an exact replica.
    i just want to be sure i'm not missing something.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    The Russian 3.0 was my first build. I'm not so interested in that 4 post deck either, LOL. Though, with the help of people on the coilbuilding forum and the husband, I was successful. I'm only going to try building on a 2 post deck from now on, probably one clone I bought from Kat, unless I get something with an even bigger deck arriving soon.... I'm working my way up to it gradually, building the Russian 3.0 was a bit ah, humbling, terrifying, but ultimately successful?:)

Anna

Sir Kadly

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    The Russian 3.0 was my first build. I'm not so interested in that 4 post deck either, LOL. Though, with the help of people on the coilbuilding forum and the husband, I was successful. I'm only going to try building on a 2 post deck from now on, probably one clone I bought from Kat, unless I get something with an even bigger deck arriving soon.... I'm working my way up to it gradually, building the Russian 3.0 was a bit ah, humbling, terrifying, but ultimately successful?:)

Anna
    Did you change your name or am I losing my mind? Wait, don't answer that question, I know I lost my mind.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well, I needed a login name and I've been "Anna" online for most of my life. The login is my most popular and longlasting mashup of letters, numbers, and whatnot that I don't tend to forget, being Anna_666 might have been easy to remember, but it's a bit off-putting, you know :D

Anna

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Well, I needed a login name and I've been "Anna" online for most of my life. The login is my most popular and longlasting mashup of letters, numbers, and whatnot that I don't tend to forget, being Anna_666 might have been easy to remember, but it's a bit off-putting, you know :D

Anna

yeah the 666 portion is a little spiritual

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 14, 2014
    T for Texas!

the russian 91%
    the russian 91% v2

V1 IMO and from what I have read.

Here are 2 bases at FT that are basically the Russian 91% V1:
    $6.31 Kayfun Mini Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (2.5ml) - stainless steel + acrylic / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    $3.51 Replacement Base for Kayfun Lite Plus - stainless steel / black plated at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    The fill hole may not be as recessed as a R91%.

Users who are viewing this thread