Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

absolutely-the-answer.jpg
    I am another carto tank lover and I still have a good stash of fusions from Ikenvape:)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    DITTO ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

My only regret, while I use cartos/replaceable atty in the BB, is that over a year ago I gave away all my View Valley Vapes carto tanks with a few boxes of cartos - Thankfully - to a couple of people I knew could use them . . . AND - Right after that a couple of very gracious friends sent "Me" a few boxes of cartos for the BB as a surprise gift after I had PIF a lot of other "Stuff" to a few other people too . . . So - I REALLY have a stock of cartos that I continue to use . . . :facepalm:

Yup, yup, yup :wub:

petrotech

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 9, 2015
    indiana
    What does it mean when the ohm meter says .31 but when I go to test fire F1 flashes which means low-voltage protection (on my model). I've never seen this before. .31 doesn't seem too low! I'm puzzled!

low voltage protection? what's that? lol. i don't use ohm readers, so I won't be much help.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    I guess I'm in the minority...i normally only have 2 setups ready to go at any given time....

how's the puffer tootz doing?
    I always have three mods ready to use. My inside one, my yardwork one and my stealth one.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    What does it mean when the ohm meter says .31 but when I go to test fire F1 flashes which means low-voltage protection (on my model). I've never seen this before. .31 doesn't seem too low! I'm puzzled!
    What mod are you using?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas

It would help to know which 'ohm meter' you're using.
    There are clones of various name brands that flat just go funky after awhile.

Is the battery charged?
    Are you using a sufficient CDR cell? authentic name brand ?
    Have you thoroughly cleaned the 510 connections recently?
    Q tip rubbing alcohol thoroughly scrub & dry.
    Could be you've overtightened the delivery device to the reader depressing the positive pin in the reader.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    It would help to know which 'ohm meter' you're using.
    There are clones of various name brands that flat just go funky after awhile.

Is the battery charged?
    Are you using a sufficient CDR cell? authentic name brand ?
    Have you thoroughly cleaned the 510 connections recently?
    Q tip rubbing alcohol thoroughly scrub & dry.
    Could be you've overtightened the delivery device to the reader depressing the positive pin in the reader.
    Thank you!!!!
    I think the battery might be the culprit. This is the meter I use
    65e9cbcf8c8702ae85e3427b18095cc6.jpg

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I guess I'm in the minority...i normally only have 2 setups ready to go at any given time....

how's the puffer tootz doing?

Then it looks like you need 98 more :)

these ugly rams jerseys though...

am I the only one who thinks it's weird saying "LA rams"? lol

Nope.

Are you using a sufficient CDR cell?

I'm guessing you're using your Tab? If it's battery is low it may refuse to put it's normal "fire" current to the atty. Not sure, but many devices will give a similar error message when asked to perform beyond their current battery state. May be just time to recharge the tester.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Another thing to watch out for with that particular reader is short in length positive pin on delivery device or flush or inset positive pin. Do not use with a direct to battery / pseudo / fake hybrid type delivery device.
    It will create flaky inaccurate readings up to dead short, on that one protections may not actually work when shorted.

Must be a low quality clone, should use flat top, unless you've stuffed a button top in it jacking up the battery contacts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread