Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Another thing to watch out for with that particular reader is short in length positive pin on delivery device or flush or inset positive pin. Do not use with a direct to battery / pseudo / fake hybrid type delivery device.
It will create flaky inaccurate readings up to dead short, on that one protections may not actually work when shorted.

Must be a low quality clone, should use flat top, unless you've stuffed a button top in it jacking up the battery contacts.

I was told it only took button top.
This may explain my issues with the "non" message 70% of the time when I test my stm RBAs

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I was told it only took button top.
This may explain my issues with the "non" message 70% of the time when I test my stm RBAs
Don't confuse button top and 510 length :)
Buttons are on top of batteries or clothing. 510s are on the bottom of atomizers (male) or tops of mods (female).

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
How many flavors do you want to have ready to vape? Need a tank and a mod for each. Plus one or two more, in case you find another flavor. And each one needs a backup. :facepalm:

I always have three mods ready to use. My inside one, my yardwork one and my stealth one.
I've found 3 for me and 3 for hubby is all I want to maintain. I have too much other stuff to do :p

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I opened up a couple of brand new EHPro Kayfun LPV2's yesterday and ran them through the ultrasonic cleaner with water and a shot of alcohol to get the machine oil out. That's the absolute best way I've found to clean up a new atomizer.

You'd think that China machinists would run the parts through an alcohol wash before packaging. I guess that would impact productivity.

:) On another subject I find it hilarious that Kim Jong-Un thinks Trump is mentally deranged! CBS is covering his new threats as I type.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I was going to say the battery too, ChelsB. Glad you figured it out.

It is cute the dict-- I mean, our venerable leaders are fighting with each other. I wonder if Kim Jong-In has a twitter account?

Anna

I hope that it all doesn't descend into a battle of the world leaders. Putin needs to stay out of this one and let China and the US handle that Daddy's Boy with his big toys. Maybe his own people will take him out for fear of the ultimate war that's brewing. NK needs a new leader, anyway.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I guess I'm in the minority...i normally only have 2 setups ready to go at any given time....

how's the puffer tootz doing?

I only have one mod on the go with three tanks close by.One filled with un flavoured and the other two with a hint of flavour (usually tobaccos).If I go out it's only one tank on the mod.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I only have one mod on the go with three tanks close by.One filled with un flavoured and the other two with a hint of flavour (usually tobaccos).If I go out it's only one tank on the mod.
I prefer 2 setups for out and about. That way I have complete backup. Spare atty, spare juice, spare mod, and spare battery. Just make sure they're all interchangeable.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do that too. I'm far more likely to vape on one mod at home for awhile, but my backup is ALWAYS in my purse (though I do vape it sometimes during the day). It's probably due for its first charge, LOL. :) Vaping when OUT is always the time stuff seems to happen-- like the time my Steampunk Nano decided to regurgitate it's batteries and one fell into my (uncovered) coffee cup? Well, even with a spare set of batteries on me, that was disturbing, so out came the spare... LOL. I would not venture forth into the great unknown without a reasonable set of backup items. The only other time my mods like to mess with me is first thing in the a.m., when it's dark, I've usually awakened before the husband, and I'm barely awake myself.... LOL, is that not always the way?

Firm believer in backups.... at least these days, maybe it won't be so important in the future, but the very ACT of my mod or tank doing something incites a panic that I will smoke, and a full backup just ensures that I can shove my main mod in my purse, pull out the old one, and keep going.

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm happy you reached that point, Dubminer. I don't think I'm there yet, but I did (recently) lose charge in my batteries coming home, and I didn't even bother changing them or pulling out the spare, I just returned home, put away all my groceries, and then dealt with my vape. It was a good feeling actually. Though, knowing I *could* either stop and change my batteries OR pull out my spare just made that easier.... I'm considering a very slight bump down on my nicotine, so that was a nice feeling. I'm still, ah, working up my courage, as it were....

Anna

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'm in the never go out the door without (at least) 2 mods, with fresh batteries and full KFs. Not just for the sense of security in having a backup, but also for the flavor change. Heck, when I was a smoker, I never left the house without at least 2 packs or more.

Users who are viewing this thread