Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
That's DREADFUL, I would be so upset. I didn't know you could get shingles more than once, but the minute I turn 50 (my insurance also will not pay for it until you are older) I'm getting it done, I had the Worst Case of Chickenpox EVER, my parents actually took video and it's pretty funny. I'm just spinning in circles, showing off my welts I guess, but I still remember it vividly. Shingles sounds SO MUCH worse. I'm keeping you in my thoughts (and prayers, if that's okay, I always prefer to ask). MAN!!!

Anna
You get nerve pain and damage from shingles. That’s what destroyed my hearing was nerve damage. I rather have chicken pox than shingles. Women are more likely to have shingles also. I was young to have them the 1st and now this.... I guess the saying of suck it up buttercup works and get the shot.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I would HIGHLY recommend you get the shot.

That's DREADFUL, I would be so upset. I didn't know you could get shingles more than once, but the minute I turn 50 (my insurance also will not pay for it until you are older) I'm getting it done, I had the Worst Case of Chickenpox EVER, my parents actually took video and it's pretty funny. I'm just spinning in circles, showing off my welts I guess, but I still remember it vividly. Shingles sounds SO MUCH worse. I'm keeping you in my thoughts (and prayers, if that's okay, I always prefer to ask). MAN!!!

Anna

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Hello everyone,
Sorry I haven’t been posting, I’m having a shingles out break and I hurt! Hope everyone is doing well and Anna I haven’t forgotten about you, will pm you later:)

My best to you with sympathy.

Trigster

Aug 2, 2017
SF Bay Area
I Love vape Mail...I just got my Winter Supplies from ECX...And as usual it's the little things that make me happy...That 20ml syringe is gon'a be my best friend in the Lab...I got some Fruit too !!!...Pineapple !!! :lol:

DSC00669.JPG

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I got an ego 1 tank and it dumped all the juice out the airflow.

sooooo. my question. what other tanks can use the CLR coils?

I have 10 authentic CLR coils I can't use. was interested in rebuilding them.

I did not like my Ego Mega one tank, it whistled and I never got that great a vape out of it. I wound up PIF because the husband couldn't stand to listen to it and I never really got the appeal.

I'd like to know what other tanks use the CLR coils as they sound interesting, but it's not going to be an Ego One Mega, that's for sure.

Anna
That's so strange. Usually I'm the first one to have problems, even when no one else does. But, I've never had any leakage problems or any whistling from my Ego One Tanks.

So far as the leakage goes: I always tighten the coil every time I refill. And, it does need it. It's loose every time. And, I don't ever adjust the airflow. I just screw the bottom on after filling and keep screwing until it stops. IOW the airflow is either all the way open or all the way closed. Then I never touch it again.

Could either of those things have anything to do with whistling too?
Totally Wicked
9 left. I prefer these over the ego's.
Oh, well. I thought I would grab a couple more eventually. We'll see if they're still there on Friday.
OUCH. THATS TERRIBLE.

I took the shot to avoid shingles two years ago. my former bridge partner (Joy T) had shingles two years ago and almost twisted my arm to get the shot .
I’m only 39 and this is the 2nd time having them. My insurance will not cover the shot and out of pocket is $100 if I decide to get it.
Is it a once in a lifetime shot? If so, $100 is nothing! I think I'm gonna ask my doctor about that one!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I seem to be a magnet for attys that leak.

that and spare part availability of the Kompact Kayfun is why I am such a fan.

That's so strange. Usually I'm the first one to have problems, even when no one else does. But, I've never had any leakage problems or any whistling from my Ego One Tanks.

So far as the leakage goes: I always tighten the coil every time I refill. And, it does need it. It's loose every time. And, I don't ever adjust the airflow. I just screw the bottom on after filling and keep screwing until it stops. IOW the airflow is either all the way open or all the way closed. Then I never touch it again.

Could either of those things have anything to do with whistling too?

Oh, well. I thought I would grab a couple more eventually. We'll see if they're still there on Friday.

Is it a once in a lifetime shot? If so, $100 is nothing! I think I'm gonna ask my doctor about that one!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
It is not 100% effective. If you do get shingles, it would be mild. By all means, do not get the shingles shot and the pneumonia shot at the same time. I got a huge very painful lump on my arm. Glad that I am done with both, though. Reviewing patient warnings, it may have been the pneumonia shot.

I went daydreaming this morning, and did a cart at a seed company, then set it aside with the name February. Just visited MSN, and their advertisements showed up in four places, one of them was in the biggest slideshow. And, of course the flowers were featured. Aah, the internet-------

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
Does anyone have the Vika Fantasy clone from fasttech? I bought it and the Ti Kabuki clone, and since the clone died on me (for now) I dug out the Vika Fantasy to throw on my new mod that arrived yesterday. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by it, I enjoy the vape far more than on my Kabuki clone. I don't know why I'd like it more (maybe because I have the original) but I think the Vika Fantasy clone gets really great flavor and it's a nice vape, and I was vaping the clone of the Kabuki up until yesterday. I actually like it so much, I might put my Kabuki clone away for spare parts and whatnot.... I got the black one and I really like its shape, especially after I replaced that driptip. I now have four tanks in full rotation, LOL. This is pretty cool.

Anna
If you can’t get the coil tip out of the Kabuki, take a teeny screw driver and back the 510 pin out a little. Might take enough pressure off the coil to grab it with a needle nose pliers.

I had the opposite problem. No matter how securely I screw the coil to the base, when I unscrew the bottom to fill it, the coil stays in the chimney. I’m sure it’s quality control.
Problem is, can’t retire the tank because it gives a great vape. Lol.

So now, I unscrew the base, then I unscrew the coil, wipe it off, and screw it back in the chimney. This allows me to fill the tank almost all the way to the top of the glass. Then I screw the base in.
This might be the wrong procedure but it works and I get an extra 1/2 ml in the tank.
I ordered 2 more from FT, with the SKELETON code it was $17.76 shipped.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
No matter how securely I screw the coil to the base, when I unscrew the bottom to fill it, the coil stays in the chimney.
I have the same problem. I have a coil stuck in the chimney right now that I just cannot get out no matter how hard I try.

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Does anyone have the Vika Fantasy clone from fasttech? I bought it and the Ti Kabuki clone, and since the clone died on me (for now) I dug out the Vika Fantasy to throw on my new mod that arrived yesterday. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by it, I enjoy the vape far more than on my Kabuki clone. I don't know why I'd like it more (maybe because I have the original) but I think the Vika Fantasy clone gets really great flavor and it's a nice vape, and I was vaping the clone of the Kabuki up until yesterday. I actually like it so much, I might put my Kabuki clone away for spare parts and whatnot.... I got the black one and I really like its shape, especially after I replaced that driptip. I now have four tanks in full rotation, LOL. This is pretty cool.

Anna
IMO it is slightly better than the Kabuki, comparing SS Kabuki clone to SS Vika clone. The flavor is the same for me but the Vika is a bit quieter and has a smoother draw. I don't own an authentic of either.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No, well, mine was caught in the chimney, but then I screwed down the next coil Very Tightly, which broke into two pieces when I unscrewed it. I was able to get that chunk out of the base, but it appears to have Done Something, no new coils I shove in there register on any of my mods. I believe my chimney may be slightly crooked, now.

If I didn't prefer the Vika tank, I'd probably be more concerned, but for right now, I'm just letting it sit until I figure out what to do with it. But, I wasn't very impressed, and for whatever reason, I had to vape it at higher wattage to get decent flavor and I just really Like the Vika tank, comparatively. I'll hand it to the husband at some point if I cannot figure it out. I even prefer the LOOKS of the black vika tank, so I'm not super worried about it.

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
No, well, mine was caught in the chimney, but then I screwed down the next coil Very Tightly, which broke into two pieces when I unscrewed it. I was able to get that chunk out of the base, but it appears to have Done Something, no new coils I shove in there register on any of my mods. I believe my chimney may be slightly crooked, now.

If I didn't prefer the Vika tank, I'd probably be more concerned, but for right now, I'm just letting it sit until I figure out what to do with it. But, I wasn't very impressed, and for whatever reason, I had to vape it at higher wattage to get decent flavor and I just really Like the Vika tank, comparatively. I'll hand it to the husband at some point if I cannot figure it out. I even prefer the LOOKS of the black vika tank, so I'm not super worried about it.

Anna
Fiddle with the adjustable 510 pin

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
with the discussion of the Vika fantasy.

will the aspire BDC coils fit it?

I don't like vertical coils can't get enough air, and you can rebuild the BDC coils much the same as building the Subtank Nano OCC heads. of course I would put in single coils.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
I have the same problem. I have a coil stuck in the chimney right now that I just cannot get out no matter how hard I try.
It shouldn’t be welded into the chimney. Did you use a needle nose pliers? Go in so th pliers is parallel with coil, so one jaw is inside and one out, grab and twist lightly back and forth.
If you get it out, when you put the new coil in, don’t tighten either end real tight. Make sure you lube the base o ring with juice.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No everything is out of it, I just can't get anything to register on a mod, now (not unlike the Doggystyle, which no, I have not attempted yet, though I have a Kayfun clone up and running). Since my new abx seem to be working and I no longer feel like Swollen Death, I will probably attack the doggystyle, which clearly needs a new coil. I can try adjusting the 510 pin on the Kabuki clone, I haven't done that yet. But, I will. It's not a matter of trapping coils anymore, I just can't get one to read. I will adjust the pin. I will also attack the Doggystyle soon, LOL, that's always fun..... I actually cannot BELIEVE how great I feel but I guess it's been like 14 days or more of the stupid Clindomycin not working, and I felt awful even before that.

YOGA happened though, YAY!!!! :)

Anna

Anna

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
I’m going to take a guess that the glass won’t come loose from the top too. Don’t worry about that. If you don’t take it apart and lube the o ring when it’s new, usually stays stuck.
I don’t care, great vape.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank you. Yes, coil building was pretty easy until I started to get fancy. I tend to be meticulous, especially with stuff like this View attachment 694539

or this
View attachment 694541

How does one wicketh that??

I got an ego 1 tank and it dumped all the juice out the airflow.

sooooo. my question. what other tanks can use the CLR coils?

I have 10 authentic CLR coils I can't use. was interested in rebuilding them.

Yes, there are several. A while back, I compiled a list (but prolly didn't post it here).

Here you go, TwoB:

Compatible tanks for CLR coils

Dvarw E tank (made in Hungary)
eGrip OLED-CL
G3 Styled Tank Clearomizer: 19mm 1.8ml
Genoa by Caravela
Joyetech eGo ONE Clearomizer: 19mm 1.8ml
Joyetech eGo ONE Clearomizer: 19mm 2.5ml
Joyetech eGo ONE Mega Clearomizer: 22mm 4ml (leaks sometimes through air hole)
Joyetech TRON-S Clearomizer: 22mm 4ml (leaks sometimes through air hole)
Joyetech TRON-T Clearomizer: 22mm 4ml (leaks sometimes through air hole)
Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Atomizer: 22mm 4ml (fantastic tank that never leaks)
Joyetech One AIO *TFTA*
Kangside Vamo One Clearomizer: 19mm 2ml
Majesty eGo Supreme Sub Ohm Tank: 19mm 2.5ml
Mega Tank Styled Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer
NME DAMAS Sub Ohm Tank: 22mm 4ml
NoCode Lazy by Noname Mods
Odyssey CLL Tank: 22mm 4ml
Ola X Fire Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer: 19mm 1.8ml
Pico RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer: 22mm 3.5ml (requires clr adapter) (great tank with amazing flavour)
Pico-S RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer: 22mm 3.5ml (requires clr adapter) (great tank with amazing flavour)
Riven Tank BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer: 19mm 2.5ml
Thumb Styled Sub Ohm Tank: 22mm 2ml
Tornado II Sub Mega VT Tank: 22mm 4ml (copy of eGo ONe Clearomizer)
Tornado II Sub Tank: 19mm 2.5ml (copy of eGo ONe Clearomizer)
Tornado II Slim Tank: 16mm 1.8ml
Tempest Tank: 14mm 1.3ml
VaporFi Rebel 3 Tank: 30ml 5.8ml (basically an exact copy of the Venti tank)
Wismec Venti Tank: 30mm 5.8ml (excellent capacity)
Wismec Amor tank: 22mm 2.5ml

Lucky you! You can get another 1/2 ml or so in it now! :vapor:

Users who are viewing this thread