Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Thanks for the warm welcome. I just picked up a Kanger SubTank (out of paranoia about the Deeming) and didn't like it very much. While I like to see a little cloud when I vape, I don't feel it needful to look like a fog machine. I also like the fact that I can sit in the back of the movie theater and take a stealth vape every once and awhile.

Glad you joined us, Ed!

Yeah, being able to stealth is a bonus for us tootlers. :vapor:

Re the KST. If you're already rebuilding your PT2 heads, it's pretty much the same procedure to rebuild the Kanger heads, but easier, as they're bigger. And it likely came with the RBA head, easier yet to build. With the air intake feathered down - possibly WAY down! - it's an acceptable tootle tank, imo. (Although I prefer my Kayfuns.... ;) )

Yep, the impending dooming is a strong reason for rebuildables!!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Damm, there's an ECHO in here!!!! :D

Just in case you missed it...

echo.jpg

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
Glad you joined us, Ed!

Yeah, being able to stealth is a bonus for us tootlers. :vapor:

Re the KST. If you're already rebuilding your PT2 heads, it's pretty much the same procedure to rebuild the Kanger heads, but easier, as they're bigger. And it likely came with the RBA head, easier yet to build. With the air intake feathered down - possibly WAY down! - it's an acceptable tootle tank, imo. (Although I prefer my Kayfuns.... ;) )

Yep, the impending dooming is a strong reason for rebuildables!!
Kanger Subtank heads can be rebuilt like Protanks? That is wondrous news indeed! I've long considered the Nano but don't like relying on factory heads. Looks like I'll have another 18mm alternative.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Kanger Subtank heads can be rebuilt like Protanks? That is wondrous news indeed! I've long considered the Nano but don't like relying on factory heads. Looks like I'll have another 18mm alternative.

Very similar process. Wiggle the 510 pin out the bottom and carefully pull the insulator. Pull the coil and wick straight out the top hole.

Sorry it's Rip :lol: but here's one vid:

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Bon Weekend, everyone.

New TPuff tank -- The Toyota.

View attachment 581867

I prefer it without the headdress.

View attachment 581869
Bon Weekend, everyone.

New TPuff tank -- The Toyota.

View attachment 581867

I prefer it without the headdress.

View attachment 581869

They are pretty nice tanks! They sure did not get much attention when they came out. Kind a bummer cause they are very well machined and the flavor on them is just fantastic I think.

naveen

Multiple ID Suspension
Jul 25, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Very similar process. Wiggle the 510 pin out the bottom and carefully pull the insulator. Pull the coil and wick straight out the top hole.

Sorry it's Rip :lol: but here's one vid:

This works better with the older-style OCC heads. The newer ones that came out as VOCC are a PITA to disassemble (if you can at all.) Don't have a graphic, but the coil sits in a chimney, and surrounding that chimney is a layer of wick (I think there's a bit of wick around the coil itself as well.) I have yet to figure out how to get that beastie apart.

ETA - because of that "chimney", it doesn't appear that I can even rebuild with a horizontal coil :(

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
And I drive your car's mama! WHO knew???? :)

xB?

I don't wanna grow up! :lol:

This works better with the older-style OCC heads. The newer ones that came out as VOCC are a PITA to disassemble (if you can at all.)

Well, somebody (or some thing) put them together, so they have to come apart... of course, getting them back together and functional is another story!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
xB?

I don't wanna grow up! :lol:

Sorry - I had my models mixed up (a common challenge - :cool: not).

2002 Celica GTS. The last year they were made. A tree fell on her about two months back, but she's a tough old gal. Brushed it off (with a bit of help, of course) and still rolls. :D

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Sorry - I had my models mixed up (a common challenge - :cool: not).

2002 Celica GTS. The last year they were made. A tree fell on her about two months back, but she's a tough old gal. Brushed it off (with a bit of help, of course) and still rolls. :D

I have this picture in my mind of you driving it while sticking your head out the window!

Those are tough cars. My Mother has a 2001 Toyota Corolla with 60K miles on it. It's in good shape, but the years take a toll on the interior and the paint. It actually looks good and just needs a little wax and interior cleanup. I can't get her to trade it in, but she'd really like a new Camry if she didn't mind creating a new car payment.

I'm used to my Quad Cab Ram Big Horn. When I get into her Corolla I feel like a big fish in a quart jar.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Still, definitely kin folk :)

Sadly the whole Scion line is going away.... although, being Toyota under the skin, those on the road are likely to be on the road for a long time! :lol:

But where's a link to that Toyota RTA, Kat?? My google fu must be rusty!:-x

Users who are viewing this thread