Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
OK so let me get this straight. Was that Kat the Karto/Pop-in Kween giving a building and wicking review???

giphy.gif
Thank god you said it because I wasn't gonna be the first! :w00t::lol:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I have this picture in my mind of you driving it while sticking your head out the window!

Those are tough cars. My Mother has a 2001 Toyota Corolla with 60K miles on it. It's in good shape, but the years take a toll on the interior and the paint. It actually looks good and just needs a little wax and interior cleanup. I can't get her to trade it in, but she'd really like a new Camry if she didn't mind creating a new car payment.

I'm used to my Quad Cab Ram Big Horn. When I get into her Corolla I feel like a big fish in a quart jar.

Bought my first new car, a Corolla, in 1971 for 1600.00, new tax/license and all. My how times have changed, eh?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    You rang? :lol:

fasttech, darlings. Here. Save your Google Fu energies. $19.37 SXK Corolla RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - authentic / 2.5ml / 316 stainless steel + PC at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

First off, it's super easy to build upon. Second off, learning from vape newb mistakes, be sure to trim the wire protruding from the screws carefully, as there is little room for error when you slam down the top cap. (DPL was my ABSOLUTE HERO and helped me thru what seemed a dilemma, but in all truth was the ollllllllllllll user error).

We vape, we learn.

It's a warmer vape than I'm used to, but definitely not unpleasant. I wicked it up with cotton (just for the halibut, as I'm usually a rayon kid), and I did my build a bit differently from most of the vids. Instead of sliding (shoving cramming forcing) the wick into BOTH wick hole, I only used one. The other end of the wick? I cut it short and basically told the tank that's where the wicking of the vliquid should stop. I don't know why. It was intuitive and curious.

It's cute, it's small. I do not care for the red plastic bits (the beauty ring and drip tip) so removed those right away. It's rather nice in its nakedness actually. Even with the O-ring showing atop.

With hat on......

View attachment 582079

With hat off.

View attachment 582081

It also comes with a matching plastic-ish VERY short drip tip. Me no like.

View attachment 582083

Easy tank, this one. Pop off the top and you have access to not only the build deck, but a pretty easy fill. Pretty easy? Yes, if you use a tapered needle top. The other advantage of the way I built it is that you can use that hole that would normally house the other end of the cotton, and use that for a fill hole. The onboard OG fill hole is pretty teeny weeny.

It's got air flow adjustment. The holes are small, but you get your choice of one hole, or two. It is definitely a loverly little TPuff tank!

So? In the end, Toyota for the win! :D

Is this a Kat in the Hat? :D

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    Bought my first new car, a Corolla, in 1971 for 1600.00, new tax/license and all. My how times have changed, eh?

:lol: - and you know what ; bet somebody just bought THAT CAR again last month for $1200.00 bucks

and is VAPIN' in it as we type (speak)

paints a little faded, tires aren't the best, and has 288,012 miles on it...

upload_2016-7-25_14-50-46.png

upload_2016-7-25_14-56-12.png

:evil:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    OK so let me get this straight. Was that Kat the Karto/Pop-in Kween giving a building and wicking review???

giphy.gif

No Whey, Jose!!!!! That's IMPASTABLE!!!!

And it is discontinued, lol.

Okie dokes, so how bout the red, green, yellow, or blue hat? (Wouldn't ya know I'd link the one that's discontinent.) :facepalm:

$26.00 SXK Corolla V1.5 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - authentic / 316 stainless steel + acrylic / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    No, sweetie. I think you might be confusing vaping with dancing. :blink:

(There really is no tilt 'n spin needed -- it's more "genny" than the old clearos. If you look closely, you might be able to see the cotton wick that is sitting all the way down on the floor of the tank. One can vape it up to the last droplet!)

wick.jpg

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

Ed66

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2016
    Rayland, Ohio
    2002 Celica GTS. The last year they were made. A tree fell on her about two months back, but she's a tough old gal. Brushed it off (with a bit of help, of course) and still rolls. :D

I like my Toyota's , I had a 91 pickup, beat the crap out of it for 19 years before it got to rusted to pass PA state inspection. It was still running good when I sold it for parts.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2014
    South Carolina
    I like my Toyota's , I had a 91 pickup, beat the crap out of it for 19 years before it got to rusted to pass PA state inspection. It was still running good when I sold it for parts.
    Car(State) Inspections are Useless, Pointless, and just a way for the Government to make money.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Well it's been an interesting week, already.
    I won an Innokin t-shirt and an Axiom tank in a contest. I'll be the first to admit I haven't been an Innokin fanboi at all, and looking at this tank now, it should be interesting with me using it! Seems it's geared for DL and has a funky, stubby chuff cap for a dt. It comes with an RBA deck and a block off for single coil so I'll give it my spin on a review.
    A friend of mine was supposed to be in town last week, that's been delayed indefinatly, which sucks as I was looking forward to that visit! But, he's shipped my "care package" that he intended to bring with him. A few RBA tanks he wanted me to try, a Bellus and couple others I've already forgotten the names of, I know, I'm bad!
    But he let it slip he'd thrown in another toy, hmmmm? Then he tells me it's an SXK Nebula mini, I have to say, I'm more excited about that than I probably should be, but those things are just nice and neat IMO!
    Now I've got to figure out how to use the EfunTop tracking system to see where my heatvape defender minis are?
    Then I'm supposed to have the roofers here Wensday to put on a new roof, long story, but they forecast 50% chance of rain!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Dead in here today!
    I got my Heatvape invader minis in today, both were blue! Nice score for me as color wasn't an option at that price. The rubber housing is a bit slick on them for being rubber, but they fit my hands nice, even with the weight.
    I am having an issue with them not running SS in TC for some reason. I've figured out how to turn TC off, but not how to turn it on. It's not the easiest mod to navigate the functions either, my Pico has spooked me I guess! I'll play with them some more as I want to, but for a knock around mod it was hard to beat them at $10 each! I see one of these going fishing with me as well as out in nasty weather.

rhelton

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 15, 2014
    spokane, wa
    Evolv just announced a Dna60. It is the same size as the 40 except the inductor and buttons are a little taller like .50mm. Is compatible with escribe and they updated their 1amp charger with poles like a JST port that can plug in or be run remote.

Limited quantities until end of October. Most likely very few end users will be able to purchase one until then most stock going to modders.

Squeeking in before the deadline :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread