Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
They have no been delegated to the backup box, I'm not impressed to say the least! I killed a fresh battery, VCT5, in four hours at 20w and two hours in TC, 400deg 30w.
I dunno, but pretty disappointed so far, had I paid $60 each for them, I'd be ......! At $10ea. meh.

Well...sawl...your Heatvape Invader Mini avoided the back-up drawer slightly longer than mine did.

I threw it into my cart during a HG Clearance Sale for $10.76.

I opened it in the AM...and used it most of the day (to make sure it was functioning normally).

It was so HUGE and HEAVY!!! :shock:

[Guess I was mislead by the pics I had seen...and by the "Mini" in its name.]

On my way to sleep...I stuck it in my back-up drawer...

Like you said..."at $10...meh..."

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Brother @TrollDragon.... Do you have a Kayfun V5? I'm scoping the ones on fasttech and was looking for advice on which one to get....

(threw this on the Older Vapers' Font Porch, but I don't know that you peruse that thread...)
I have the sxk version and the tobeco. They are both good but the Tobeco is amazing, just perfect. I got it from Eciggity.It does come with glass and stainless tank even though the photo does not show it.Kinda expensive compared to the others but flawless and fast shipping,i think 4 days from Hawaii to Pennsylvania Kayfun v5 Clone by Tobeco

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I have the sxk version and the tobeco. They are both good but the Tobeco is amazing, just perfect. I got it from Eciggity.It does come with glass and stainless tank even though the photo does not show it.Kinda expensive compared to the others but flawless and fast shipping,i think 4 days from Hawaii to Pennsylvania Kayfun v5 Clone by Tobeco

Sweet! Only a couple more bux than Fasttech, and I'd probably have to pay shipping.... I will put it on my short list! Thank you :)

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    I've bought a couple items from eciggity, and I was quite impressed with the shipping times as well. Expected more of a delay coming from Hawaii, but got my stuff as fast as I would from either coast.

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Well...sawl...your Heatvape Invader Mini avoided the back-up drawer slightly longer than mine did.

I threw it into my cart during a HG Clearance Sale for $10.76.

I opened it in the AM...and used it most of the day (to make sure it was functioning normally).

It was so HUGE and HEAVY!!! :shock:

[Guess I was mislead by the pics I had seen...and by the "Mini" in its name.]

On my way to sleep...I stuck it in my back-up drawer...

Like you said..."at $10...meh..."

I did at least know what I was getting, a buddy of mine has one and really liked it, I'm not really sure why now?
    But for shock proof, water resistant, drive a car over it, I'll take more size and weight. I'd even seen the reviews that it wasn't the best runtime, but this was rediculous!
    I'm assuming you saw about the same thing with battery life?

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Think it was here that I heard about the Defender, but not sure. :(
    Noticed it will not fire above the amp draw of the battery. My Sony batteries fire at the 50w, but when I put in an efest it will only fire at 25w, gives a protection on the screen and wont fire, I like that, don't know how it does it, but I like it. I was only using it at 10w or less and decided to crank it up on a 1 Ω coil just for fun, interesting results.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Brother @TrollDragon.... Do you have a Kayfun V5? I'm scoping the ones on Fasttech and was looking for advice on which one to get....

(threw this on the Older Vapers' Font Porch, but I don't know that you peruse that thread...)
    @Two_Bears suggested I get Kayfun Lite, the older one. Several people agreed with him. I did although it's mostly for insurance down the road just in case. I may never have to use it as I'm a dedicated GS Air fan and have stashed away enough to last me at least ten years and plan to build their coils when I run out of them.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Playing with the SXK mini zero and a Bachelor tank now. I like the SXK, but one of the adjustment buttons wants to stick, I'm sure an easy fix.
    Using the Bachelor with the stock coil that was in it, no idea what it is! I try it in TC and everything kicks me to wattage? It vapes great, nothing, then a loud pop, and it vapes great again? AFC and jfc at 1/4 open, 25w (it doesn't like anything lower) with a .7 ohm coil.
    I think the stock Bachelor coils are Nichrome. I've got both my Bachelors (FS & Nano) set up for TC. One with SS316L on a Smok R200, the other with Ni200 on a Sig Mini Book (spoiler: the Sig Mini Book is much better than I thought it might be).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Brother @TrollDragon.... Do you have a Kayfun V5? I'm scoping the ones on Fasttech and was looking for advice on which one to get....

Not @TrollDragon, but mine from Legend Gadgets just arrived today. I can't remember which mfg it was... SJMY? It's VERY nice. One wash, one rinse, easy build, and it's sitting in my VT200 just purring away with a SS316L build.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Think it was here that I heard about the Defender, but not sure. :(
    Noticed it will not fire above the amp draw of the battery. My Sony batteries fire at the 50w, but when I put in an efest it will only fire at 25w, gives a protection on the screen and wont fire, I like that, don't know how it does it, but I like it. I was only using it at 10w or less and decided to crank it up on a 1 Ω coil just for fun, interesting results.
    Yes, it is almost over protected! If you have it in TC and it doesn't like your coil, it's out of TC! Push the battery to hard, it limits your power. Maybe it's all the things it's sensing that eats up the battery life?
    I think the stock Bachelor coils are Nichrome. I've got both my Bachelors (FS & Nano) set up for TC. One with SS316L on a Smok R200, the other with Ni200 on a Sig Mini Book (spoiler: the Sig Mini Book is much better than I thought it might be).

I tried it in Ni, as like you, that's what I thought it was but no love. I rebuilt it with 22ga 316l, .4 ohm coil and the Istick 200 still keeps kicking me out of TC? Been a day, I'm over it for now, I'm sure it's something stupid, but I'm sick of fighting with it today.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    VT75 Nano looks pretty sweet

VERY sweet. I do like this one a whoooooooooole bunch.

Tootle Puffer here and proud of it although when I go to my local vape shop the crew hanging around burried under their massive clouds give me looks of pity.

Welcome to the land of TPuffers, Bea!

And in that local vape shop, what look did you give them? :) ;)

I've bought a couple items from eciggity, and I was quite impressed with the shipping times as well. Expected more of a delay coming from Hawaii, but got my stuff as fast as I would from either coast.

I had one mod that I had ordered from eciggity, and it was flawed. They were SO fast about a return and a replacement, I was stunned. Shout out to eciggity!

So, TPUFFS...... what do you think of the new Aspire thingie?

"Aspire Quad-Flex Survival Kit"

Aspire - Aspire Quad-Flex Survival Kit

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    @Two_Bears suggested I get Kayfun Lite, the older one. Several people agreed with him. I did although it's mostly for insurance down the road just in case. I may never have to use it as I'm a dedicated GS Air fan and have stashed away enough to last me at least ten years and plan to build their coils when I run out of them.
    I recommended old school for a LOT of reasons.

You can get a bootload of tanks, o rings, spare barrels, spare chimneys, screws, 510 pins, insulators etc, and more!

Most importantly easier to build than the new stuff and not all of the parts ' is available for the new stuff yet.

Let me give you an example of what i mean easier to build.

Old tech. Tighten screws and cut the wick tails so they rest on top the Juice Wells.

New tech there is a ring around the deck and you have to push the tails inside the ring. If you don't have tge tails PERFECT the new tech will flood and gurgle.

I have a Kayfun Monster Mini V3, a Kayfun lite plus, abd a Kayfun Mini V3.

I don't use the Kayfun Mini V3. For two reasons.

1. Its top filled and leaks Juice out the airflow.

2. I have been building for years and have a problem getting the tails in position, and proper length.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    2. I have been building for years and have a problem getting the tails in position, and proper length.

As much as I like the ease of the KFM top fill ease, I prefer the KFL for the wicking. Worlds apart! I have never mastered the art of bending, lifting, adjusting, and getting the wick INTO just the right place on the KFs with the walled decks.

Users who are viewing this thread