Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I just spot-checked my recipes, and @juskiddin, that sounds quite like a Castle Long variation (one of my early favo(u)rites!) I may just have to whip up a batch of that here soon.......

You have a recipe fir that? Y-y-ya mean I'll need to learn how to build my own coils AND diy juice??? :shock:

I need another cuppa joe...:)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
You have a recipe fir that? Y-y-ya mean I'll need to learn how to build my own coils AND diy juice??? :shock:

I need another cuppa joe...:)

Of course, my friend :) Just sayin', I can MAKE that variant for about 1/20th of what I paid (granted - it was a premium juice that I allowed myself to purchase at one time). Rebuilding coils costs about $0.10/coil (if even that).......

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Of course, my friend :) Just sayin', I can MAKE that variant for about 1/20th of what I paid (granted - it was a premium juice that I allowed myself to purchase at one time). Rebuilding coils costs about $0.10/coil (if even that).......
That's $0.20/coil Canuck.
Deal-breaker for sure ;)

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Sitting down over 3 years ago with google trying to figure out what kind of coil my CE4 clearo had and why it tasted so bad was the best thing I ever did. That led me to learn to revamp that clearo's coil then once I got some wire and silica to rebuild that clearo. Now today its a matter of sitting down for a few minutes and rebuilding any one of my attys and enjoying a top shelf vape.
I was reading up on DIY juice for months but so many make it sound difficult to do, throwing away mistake after mistake and making juice that didn't taste like it was suppose to. I was reluctant to spend the money on supplies to give it a shot. Found some dram Loranns concentrates at a bargain store, read that you can use them so I bought several and began to change my commercial juices and had nothing but success, today a year and half after finding the Loranns I have quite a collection of assorted tobaccos(Hangsen), tobacco absolutes and now a NET that I made out of broken cuban cigars and lovin the vape enough to buy tobac leaves and start building NET's on a permanent basis.
Don't sell yourself short like I did by overthinking the could be cons of DIY juice....there aren't any. To me its not the money saving from rebuilding coils or DIY juice but the gazillion fold improvement of your vape quality compared to commercial juices and stock heads.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Sitting down over 3 years ago with google trying to figure out what kind of coil my CE4 clearo had and why it tasted so bad was the best thing I ever did. That led me to learn to revamp that clearo's coil then once I got some wire and silica to rebuild that clearo. Now today its a matter of sitting down for a few minutes and rebuilding any one of my attys and enjoying a top shelf vape.
I was reading up on DIY juice for months but so many make it sound difficult to do, throwing away mistake after mistake and making juice that didn't taste like it was suppose to. I was reluctant to spend the money on supplies to give it a shot. Found some dram Loranns concentrates at a bargain store, read that you can use them so I bought several and began to change my commercial juices and had nothing but success, today a year and half after finding the Loranns I have quite a collection of assorted tobaccos(Hangsen), tobacco absolutes and now a NET that I made out of broken cuban cigars and lovin the vape enough to buy tobac leaves and start building NET's on a permanent basis.
Don't sell yourself short like I did by overthinking the could be cons of DIY juice....there aren't any. To me its not the money saving from rebuilding coils or DIY juice but the gazillion fold improvement of your vape quality compared to commercial juices and stock heads.
Well said. Personalised consistent vaping has always been my goal. :thumbs:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Quite true, Sir!

Rebuilding coils facilitates beauty of not being locked into a "specific" resistance only because the coils come in defined values AND having better (or at least known) quality of materials. For juices, I want a little more of "this" and a little less of "that" in a particular flavor. I want higher/lower PG or VG than what the stores sell.... (Not to mention, I want/need it NOW and the store is closed or I'll have to wait days/weeks for a delivery!)

I do tout about the cost-savings, as that is an important factor to some. There is the trade-off of one's own time to achieve the dollar return. Many times, I do want a pre-built that I can just throw in and go when I don't have the time to set one up (especially in an RDTA). I do have stashes of rebuilt factory coils for most of my clearos, so that's the best of both worlds for me - made mah own, but it's pop and go :)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Rebuilding coils facilitates beauty of not being locked into a "specific" resistance only because the coils come in defined values AND having better (or at least known) quality of materials. For juices, I want a little more of "this" and a little less of "that" in a particular flavor. I want higher/lower PG or VG than what the stores sell.... (Not to mention, I want/need it NOW and the store is closed or I'll have to wait days/weeks for a delivery!)
Being able to be totally self sufficient is IMO a warm and fuzzy feeling. No need no more for the mad scramble to buy juice off the internet then wait for delivery(seizure and customs) before you run out to find out it tastes like crap and HOPE steeping makes it taste better. Just for my wife I was spending $50+USD a month(200mls) and dealing with customs since I was buying from a US vendor, the only juice she liked and I could easily double that with my juice intake and buying but I did have a lot of failures from vendor tobacco juices that were crap or vape partial jugs and get sick of them...lots of money wasted. Just to add my wife's juice costs me 5 bucks CAD to make 200mls of 50/50 HS Desert Ship/cotton candy blend also her coils last a couple weeks as compared to a few days with the commercial cotton candy juice. My DIY Hangsen juices are clean and unsweetened so I can vape a few weeks before the wicking or coil poops out. The NET is a bit different since I don't yet have micron filters, I forced the net through a syringe with a cotton plug on the bottom so it gunks up my coil quite quickly but still a great vape.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Being able to be totally self sufficient is IMO a warm and fuzzy feeling. No need no more for the mad scramble to buy juice off the internet then wait for delivery(seizure and customs) before you run out to find out it tastes like crap and HOPE steeping makes it taste better. Just for my wife I was spending $50+USD a month(200mls) and dealing with customs since I was buying from a US vendor, the only juice she liked and I could easily double that with my juice intake and buying but I did have a lot of failures from vendor tobacco juices that were crap or vape partial jugs and get sick of them...lots of money wasted. Just to add my wife's juice costs me 5 bucks CAD to make 200mls of 50/50 HS Desert Ship/cotton candy blend also her coils last a couple weeks as compared to a few days with the commercial cotton candy juice. My DIY Hangsen juices are clean and unsweetened so I can vape a few weeks before the wicking or coil poops out. The NET is a bit different since I don't yet have micron filters, I forced the net through a syringe with a cotton plug on the bottom so it gunks up my coil quite quickly but still a great vape.

Agree totally! I started out using house juices which were fine till I discovered premium ones. Spending $20-$25 on 30 mls was insane. Learned how to DIY over 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back. Learning how to clone those juices and making my own profiles I have no need for the hype or the expense. Building my own coils and mods as well has made it even more enjoyable. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I still like some premixed affordable juices available out there. I would never go back to $20 for 30 ml stuff again. I have hit on one DIY recipe that's shaping up to be a perfect ADV, but I'm sill enjoying the big stockpile of premixed I have on hand. Eventually it will be all DIY, but I'm happy with my selections for now.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I still like some premixed affordable juices available out there. I would never go back to $20 for 30 ml stuff again. I have hit on one DIY recipe that's shaping up to be a perfect ADV, but I'm sill enjoying the big stockpile of premixed I have on hand. Eventually it will be all DIY, but I'm happy with my selections for now.

I still buy premix once in a blue moon just for a change of pace.
Whatever is working is the main point to keep us off the coffin nails! :D

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
So true!

If y'all saw my Vape Cave at the moment, you'd think I was either 1) insane, 2) overstocked, or 3) reasonably self-sufficient.

(I think #1 and #3 are the most accurate :D )

Not only have I QUIT smoking cigarettes, I now have an enjoyable hobby. I haven't taken to making my own mods (or decorating as our lovely @Krisma and others can do) I'm more on the "scientific" side - I enjoy making coils and mixing flavors. I don't even do "crazy" builds - I just want something that WORKS....FOR ME....

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
We took this extra money we all of a sudden had 3 years ago. Gave our son the good ol 1999 montana we had and bought a new 2012 GMC Terrain right off the lot. Drove that till 40,000K and traded it in for a 2015 Canyon, had steering assembly issues that GM couldnt fix properly so we got rid of it for a 2016 Silverado, all this for less money per month than we were spending on smokes. My estimation is that I'm now spending inside of 15 bucks a month to vape.
Being able to drive a new vehicle wasn't in our cards when we both smoked so I now see it as I'm driving this nice new truck instead of some tobacco VIP driving it with my money. :D

Users who are viewing this thread