Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
I haven't tried the X, but I have the full sized nautilus (5mL) on an SXmini and I love it, but...

...it did not produce good results at 10 and 12W, which is where I was with my Protanks. I kept playing with it, however, and it seems to produce its best flavor at 20W. It does not feel any hotter to me at 20W than the Protanks do at 12W.

All I am saying here is don't give up too soon. Maybe there is a sweet spot and you just haven't found it yet.
Thanks Fuzzy, I'll stick with it for a while for sure. I guess I'm just not used to my mods and tanks getting so hot. Kinda freaked me out a bit. I'll continue to slowly increase the wattage and hope for better vapor production/flavour.

I also didn't realize the drip tip can't be swapped. Poop. Oh well, live and learn.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp, anything hot + battery is a 'no' for me.

But JK, from what you've described, it's not a vape mistake. We vape, we learn, we discern.

Back in the "OLD" days (like 21 days ago) I would have recommended putting it on the Classies.

Le sigh.

Maybe that's still a viable option?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

But JK, from what you've described, it's not a vape mistake. We vape, we learn, we discern.

Back in the "OLD" days (like 21 days ago) I would have recommended putting it on the Classies.

Le sigh.

Idunno, Kat. I wandered through the classies the other night, and could swear I heard the theme music from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.

You know that one, ya? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I spoke with the staffer about a MTL tank and she suggested the Nautilus X. I walked out of the shop with one, wondering if I'd made a mistake. I think I have.
I hope you find it to be better for MTL Vaping than I did. I gave mine away since it was too airy of a draw for my taste. But nice Tank otherwise

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada

Le sigh.

Aw, thanks Kat. I think I'll head back to the vape shop this week. I know one of the staff members owns a Nautilus X and loves it; I remember her using one a few months ago and raving about it. I'll have a l'il chin wag with her, p'raps get a few pointers. Failing that, I'll move forward and chalk it up to experience :)

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I'm not one to buy anything on a whim. Well, there's an exception to every rule.

I was buying ejuice in our local vape shop yesterday and my peepers wandered down on the glass case. I've been wanting a Triton Mini for a while but the shop doesn't carry them, nor the coils; I wanted to try them in my Nauti Mini. I can't seem to find a shop in our city which carries either. Whaaaat?

I spoke with the staffer about a MTL tank and she suggested the Nautilus X. I walked out of the shop with one, wondering if I'd made a mistake. I think I have.

I have it on an istick 30W and although it looks very cute (black tank on black istick),looks, as they say, aren't everything.

I started it at 12W and have slowly worked up to 15.6W...this is HUGE for me as I never go higher than 7.9 with my PT2'S or 11.5 with Nauti Mini on my istick 30s.

So far it's meh. I have high VG juice in it (80..my preferred) I'm not fond of the draw (too airy for me), the flavour is "okay" and the vapor production is also "meh". The tank gets very warm as does the istick. Tried it on my CF4 and it also gets hot. Hmm.

Heck, I get more vapor production with my little PT2'S. I'm hoping it'll improve but I'm not sure.

I think I done boo-booed with this purchase. Dang!

Sounds kinda like my experience with a Eleaf Lemo 1,it was always too airy no matter what.I gave up after playing with it for a loooong while.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Sounds kinda like my experience with a Eleaf Lemo 1,it was always too airy no matter what.I gave up after playing with it for a loooong while.
So I'm not alone :)
You know, it's kinda funny that the Nauti X is recommended for MTL-ers; even PBusardo mentioned it in his review. Maybe it's because I haven't puffed on a smoke for a year but I don't recall the draw on a smoke to be anywhere near as airy as the Nauti X.

Guess this proves vaping style is very personal.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You know, it's kinda funny that the Nauti X is recommended for MTL-ers; even PBusardo mentioned it in his review. Maybe it's because I haven't puffed on a smoke for a year but I don't recall the draw on a smoke to be anywhere near as airy as the Nauti X.

Hey JK - what about just the good-old-plain Nautilus? Those are the Ceros are still my go-to tanks for pop-in coils, and I'm straight MTL (ALL the way).

Because they've been so good to me, I've not ventured...

Do you not like them?

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

No your not alone at all. Unless your able to try something first it's hard to just go off someone else opinion. I've done that many times thinking that it will be what I expect it will be, only to put it back in the box. I have plenty of stuff that collects dust in my stash. Unfortunately it happens to us all JK. :facepalm:

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hey JK - what about just the good-old-plain Nautilus? Those are the Ceros are still my go-to tanks for pop-in coils, and I'm straight MTL (ALL the way).

Because they've been so good to me, I've not ventured...

Do you not like them?
Hey DP, actually, I have a Nauti Mini which I love. Are you referring to the "regular" size Nautilus?

I too am strictly a MTL-er "all the way". I contemplated getting a 2nd Nauti Mini...I'm trying to bump up my collection a bit at a time. My local shop doesn't have 'em in stock :(

I'd settled on the Triton Mini (they don't carry them either...sheesh!)because I'd read they are a good MTL tank, plus, the coils fit the Nauti Mini (yay!).

I'd give the regular size Nauti a shot fir sure...I trust your recommendation :)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
No your not alone at all. Unless your able to try something first it's hard to just go off someone else opinion. I've done that many times thinking that it will be what I expect it will be, only to put it back in the box. I have plenty of stuff that collects dust in my stash. Unfortunately it happens to us all JK. :facepalm:
Yessiree, it's all part of the learnin' curve. I'm slowly learnin' :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

True, DAT!!! Too many times too. :blush:

Hey DP, actually, I have a Nauti Mini which I love. Are you referring to the "regular" size Nautilus?

I too am strictly a MTL-er "all the way". I contemplated getting a 2nd Nauti Mini...I'm trying to bump up my collection a bit at a time. My local shop doesn't have 'em in stock :(

I'd settled on the Triton Mini (they don't carry them either...sheesh!)because I'd read they are a good MTL tank, plus, the coils fit the Nauti Mini (yay!).

I'd give the regular size Nauti a shot fir sure...I trust your recommendation :)

There's no advantage over the Mini, JK, unless you want more capacity. They're actually the exact same experience. I tend towards the larger ones, because I'm not always in a position to refill. Kat, on the other hand, prefers the smaller ones because they look better (WHO'D A THUNK???). :lol:

Are you OK with purchasing online? If so, both sizes are readily available (I think so, at least). Marvelous little tanks, those "outdated" Nautis. ;)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
True, DAT!!! Too many times too. :blush:

There's no advantage over the Mini, JK, unless you want more capacity. They're actually the exact same experience. I tend towards the larger ones, because I'm not always in a position to refill. Kat, on the other hand, prefers the smaller ones because they look better (WHO'D A THUNK???). :lol:

Are you OK with purchasing online? If so, both sizes are readily available (I think so, at least). Marvelous little tanks, those "outdated" Nautis. ;)
I actually wouldn't mind a larger tank :) (it would match my caboose ;) ...does that even make sense?)

Nope, don't have a problem ordering online except...up here in Canadia there is a looming postal strike so I'll need to wait out that prospect.

Thanks muchly for your input, DP!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
And your magnifying glasses will need magnifying glasses to rebuild them. ;)

From ALL reports, truly, they seem to be more of a hassle than not. If anyone has done them successfully, please chime in?
I haven't seen one in the wild yet, so I can't say, but I can't see how they'd be more fiddly than rebuilding the factory coils and I've done that numerous times for friends. I was just letting them know that option is out there.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I haven't seen one in the wild yet, so I can't say, but I can't see how they'd be more fiddly than rebuilding the factory coils and I've done that numerous times for friends. I was just letting them know that option is out there.

Lightning Vapes carried something a very long time ago but it seems that they have become extinct.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada

Yep...The Lemo I got was said to work for MTL and all I had to do was to turn down the afc...I guess it works for some people BUT not for me. :(
It's a bummer when you purchase something that looks good is supposed to work good and when you get it home and fill r' up it,it....doesn't work as you thought.
All's not lost though,my flubs go into a drawer and scavenged for parts.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I actually wouldn't mind a larger tank :) (it would match my caboose ;) ...does that even make sense?)

Nope, don't have a problem ordering online except...up here in Canadia there is a looming postal strike so I'll need to wait out that prospect.

Thanks muchly for your input, DP!

It almost matches my "caboose" (lol!!!!).

The regular/full sized ones hold a full 5ml, which works nicely for me. They also make a caged version that holds 3ml (although they advertise it as a 5ml). It's a bit sturdier for those prone to drops, and a little more compact. I used them for a while, but then moved back to the normal ones for the extra juice.

Another reason (for me) is that I can use colored glass options to identify my different juices (bling, bling, KitKat!).
$10.55 Replacement Glass Tank for Nautilus Atomizers (10-Pack) 10-pack - 5 colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Sorry about the strike. I hope the work it out quickly, for all of your sakes.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Lightning Vapes carried something a very long time ago but it seems that they have become extinct.
You can still find them if you dig enough, I was showing one to a friend a couple weeks ago. He loves his Nauti tanks but the coils are getting scarce locally and he's toyed with the idea of rebuilding so I figured that might get him started on the cheap.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You can still find them if you dig enough, I was showing one to a friend a couple weeks ago. He loves his Nauti tanks but the coils are getting scarce locally and he's toyed with the idea of rebuilding so I figured that might get him started on the cheap.

You can find one in my vape stand too. I took one look and put it away. Nothing wrong with it, but it's NOT for me.

Users who are viewing this thread