Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Nah, I just wear two pairs of reading glasses, a very bright head torch, and drink eleventy three beers to steady my hands before attempting anything fiddly ...but hey I won't mind at all if I become the brunt of many "we told you so" jokes from you lot LOL :D

I recoil normal BVC coils that are very small but that is the worst (tiniest) rba I have ever spent money on. Keep a magnet handy for when the little screw tries to commit suicide by leaping of your desk/work bench. Even it didn't want to go back.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I recoil normal BVC coils that are very small but that is the worst (tiniest) RBA I have ever spent money on. Keep a magnet handy for when the little screw tries to commit suicide by leaping of your desk/work bench. Even it didn't want to go back.

:lol:

Poor little screws.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    467947bfb11e0e9fc54e49362bfd012b.jpg

just pop the white thing out & put the drip tip in

oh-and punch holes in the sides if there aren't any.
    (to get the full experience, we first used a hammer & nail to punch the holes) :lol:

add:
    anyone else ever get a blood blister doin' that?????

Last edited:

iBloke

Verified Member
    May 25, 2016
    The Lan Dow Nunda
    Having noted your patience and prowess with the Nauti coils, I believe it may actually work for you. You, sir, have skills that I shall never possess...
    ...You're going to be fine. I'd bet almost anything. DO report back, please.
    Thanks mate, and I'll most definitely report back..and maybe even add some comedic pics of my attempts :D

Besides, you know a Texan who just might be helpful. You just need to be REALLY nice with him, and don't mention my name (or Kat's either). Either appears to sets him off in a rage. I do not know (care) why. Some things just "are".
    It took me a while..but I think I figured out who. :)

I recoil normal BVC coils that are very small but that is the worst (tiniest) RBA I have ever spent money on. Keep a magnet handy for when the little screw tries to commit suicide by leaping of your desk/work bench. Even it didn't want to go back.
    Duly noted, and Thankyou for your first hand wisdom. Without knowing that I'm almost sure I would have lost at least one of those tiny little buggers lol

If you love it I have some that I tossed in the back of my stash cupboard
    :thumb:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Okay i must be missing something with the carto lol. Cause move does not look like that at all!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well, you just need to add a lot of bling! :)

The carto is inside the tank, and tanks can range from plain to fancy regardless of any bling. Yep, pop out the white stopper, pop in your favorite drip tip.

I can't tell if the 510 is out far enough or not, sorry. There was chatter, quite, a ways back in here about replacement insulators for those, someone else will have to chime in on that.
    The larger one is the fill, the smaller is the AFC, no JFC on these. Figure out how you like the airflow and put thread locker, superglue, something, on that AFC so it doesn't back out on you and get stuck on a mod!!!!

Even if flush, it will probably work on most regulated mods just fine. If not, it needs to be torn down and "modified" by putting an extra insulating washer on the 510 screw. The positive block will come loose when removing the screw, and will need to be aligned (and tight!) when done.

I use rubber cement as my "thread lock" for that, so I can easily remove it if needed for ultra-thorough cleaning.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2015
    Somewhere In PA
    As you have already mentioned, the ECR is not for the GS Airs but the Melo2 (and 3/mini amongst others).

That OPPO is not a TP tank though ;)
    The ones i have fit my gs air m.. Ill have to look and see what they are. They look almost like the regular coils but i can see the wraps and stuff. When i get home ill dig them out. Maybe i bought something else and im mixed up. Would not be the first time lol

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    Another 2x atties added to the collection today ... Origin littles for splodging :)

Although, 1 went into service immediately replacing a BF NarDa ...
    I'm going to pop one of those in my next cart for sure, they were OOS on my last run through.

The Origen 19/22 is en route and should be a great tootle tank!

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2015
    Somewhere In PA
    467947bfb11e0e9fc54e49362bfd012b.jpg

just pop the white thing out & put the drip tip in

oh-and punch holes in the sides if there aren't any.
    (to get the full experience, we first used a hammer & nail to punch the holes) [emoji38]

add:
    It has super teeny tiny holes... Maybe 2 or 3 at the bottom. I had to laugh like ohhh pull the white thingy out... That makes sense!

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2015
    Somewhere In PA
    Well, you just need to add a lot of bling! :)

The carto is inside the tank, and tanks can range from plain to fancy regardless of any bling. Yep, pop out the white stopper, pop in your favorite drip tip.

Even if flush, it will probably work on most regulated mods just fine. If not, it needs to be torn down and "modified" by putting an extra insulating washer on the 510 screw. The positive block will come loose when removing the screw, and will need to be aligned (and tight!) when done.

I use rubber cement as my "thread lock" for that, so I can easily remove it if needed for ultra-thorough cleaning.
    Interesting enough me turning the screw lefty loosey it didn't budge one bit. I just need it not flush lol.

Im one of those new vapers... That came on the scene when sub ohm was starting.. But i dont like big hot clouds. I got a kayfun 5 and i like that and always wanted to try a carto and older kayfun cause well you know... This thread lol.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Interesting enough me turning the screw lefty loosey it didn't budge one bit. I just need it not flush lol.

Im one of those new vapers... That came on the scene when sub ohm was starting.. But i dont like big hot clouds. I got a kayfun 5 and i like that and always wanted to try a carto and older kayfun cause well you know... This thread lol.

Yep, lefty loosie is the right direction, but it IS supposed to be tight, it's not meant to be an adjustable pin. If you'd been able to loosen it, the positive block for the coil would also have come loose, and probably shorted the atty. ANY adjustments to that pin need to be done with the KF taken all the way apart, so you can make sure the block is still in the right place. If you need to "extend" the pin, put a small o-ring between parts 1A and 1B. The pin (1A) goes up through the internal insulator and into the positive block. Once it's threaded in snug, grip both blocks with a pair of pliers to hold them in alignment while you finish tightening the screw.

Kv3.1_UserManual_03.jpg

Those are gorgeous but im scared of tube mods lol.

Saweeet Looking Steam Punk David!! :thumb:

Alas, not mine :)

Tube mods are fine, GeminEye, and the pictured one is a regulated mod, so it's just like any other regulated mod as far as protections. Just a different shape and hand feel. Now, if NOT regulated (and they can be tube or box as well) then extra precautions are advised for safe vaping.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    LOL mines on its way via a s l o w boat from China.

It was only $11 AUS so I just have to try one :D

Hang on to this, Blokey. Ya might need it.

head bang.gif

Having noted your patience and prowess with the Nauti coils, I believe it may actually work for you. You, sir, have skills that I shall never possess.

Besides, you know a Texan who just might be helpful. You just need to be REALLY nice with him, and don't mention my name (or Kat's either). Either appears to sets him off in a rage. I do not know (care) why. Some things just "are".

You're going to be fine. I'd bet almost anything. DO report back, please. :)

hahaha-png.601097

7724190-188921835_5-s1-v1.png

If you love it I have some that I tossed in the back of my stash cupboard

Innuendo? ;)

(to get the full experience, we first used a hammer & nail to punch the holes) :lol:

add:

Many, and oft. :facepalm:

Now, who around here would want bling all over their PV. :rolleyes::cool:

dunno_zpsa5b1dd85.GIF

Im all for bling!
    f291e900f0ff4196d4c992c3519ac3bc.jpg

Never enough!

VERY nice, Gem!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    Vape Related to be OT, Didn't like the drip tip on my Nautilus X, too short, so I used a straw to make a 510 drip tip adapter. :D

hannaone-jpg.602209

See, I am not the only one that calls it a straw... :rolleyes: I actually have hacked a few of those permanent straws for many purposes... They are handy.

Could yunz guys provide a few more details???

(I can't really detect the "straw" in the picture...and I'm not really sure what a "permanent straw" is.)

[I love my iClear 30S's...but when I remove their GIGANTIC drip tip...all the (1,000's) of 510 DT's I've tried wobble (even with Dental Floss wrapped around their bases).]

Users who are viewing this thread