Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Could yunz guys provide a few more details???

(I can't really detect the "straw" in the picture...and I'm not really sure what a "permanent straw" is.)

[I love my iClear 30S's...but when I remove their GIGANTIC drip tip...all the (1,000's) of 510 DT's I've tried wobble (even with Dental Floss wrapped around their bases).]

Not sure it will work for you, but here is a disassembled picture. The X does not have the same drip tip as other tanks, had to figure something out. :) Used a short piece of a large plastic drinking straw.

straw.jpg

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I do not think I have shared this one yet have been a bit busy the last week. Made a trade for a Vapor Shark Rdna40 and I am very pleased with it. It is my first Vapor Shark and I have to say they very solid devices with quality components. Size, form factor and a dna40 make it a pleasure to use. I think the best part is the buttons, they give great tactile feedback. You feel a solid click and it is audible, goes for all three buttons.

T41oRqI.jpg

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Those of you that diy juice, what all are you using for mixing and flavorings?
I've diyed in the past searching for a Mad Murdock 710 clone, which I got but it just wasn't strong enough. I may try to revisit that later?
But I'm sick of the numbers/graduations wearing off of the plastic syringes and don't think I want to go glass syringes, so I'm looking at this set of tubes instead,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G...1_1?colid=1K7545FSNJDHM&coliid=I20QAWF79QQD4E
Thoughts?
I've been using HHV's Dragon's fire NET at 36mg, but the $45 for 100ml is killing my budget, as well as having the cash on hand when I need to order it!
I'm looking at Vapors Tek throat hit at 100mg. Think I'll get that in vg, order some pg to get my 60/40 mix and add 2-5% flavoring to get my 36mg? Then the Inwara (sp?) flavors, I've got Tobbaco black cherry, Tobbaco dark chocolate, 555, and AM4A in my cart right now.
I know it's not the diy forum, but I don't want answers from out in left field either!
Any help or guidance is appreciated, thank you!

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Not sure it will work for you, but here is a disassembled picture. The X does not have the same drip tip as other tanks, had to figure something out. :) Used a short piece of a large plastic drinking straw.

View attachment 602501
Very resourceful, Burnie!

I don't care for the drip tip on the X either; for me, it got too hot. I did pick up the extension kit (only $7) and the 1.8 coils. Snap! - I actually really like it now...thought it would be alone in the back of a drawer forever but I'm quite tickled with it now. No more lip-burnin' drip tip. Better flavour too (IMO).

P'raps a bendy straw so one can lay down and enjoy? :) (juskiddin...yep)

nilesong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2011
Sector 001
If you're all about matchy-matchy, the blue o-rings on the Nixon V2, or the blue o-rings on the Bachelor look real good with this mod. I have a Bachelor Nano perched atop it... can't post a pic... it's at home and I'm at work...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Ya know, I never considered myself to be all matchy-matchy, but apparently I am. I looked up the 2 you mentioned and whoa, they would look cool. I do try to match my drip tips to the mod color. Here are the 2 mods that I took to work today. I was pretty stoked that I had a tip to match the One so perfectly!

e1cc77dfc2c5964c32816daf017e371c.jpg

Sent from my NX-74205 using Tapatalk

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I've diyed in the past searching for a Mad Murdock 710 clone, which I got but it just wasn't strong enough. I may try to revisit that later?
But I'm sick of the numbers/graduations wearing off of the plastic syringes and don't think I want to go glass syringes, so I'm looking at this set of tubes instead,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01G...1_1?colid=1K7545FSNJDHM&coliid=I20QAWF79QQD4E
Thoughts?
I've been using HHV's Dragon's fire NET at 36mg, but the $45 for 100ml is killing my budget, as well as having the cash on hand when I need to order it!
I'm looking at Vapors Tek throat hit at 100mg. Think I'll get that in vg, order some pg to get my 60/40 mix and add 2-5% flavoring to get my 36mg? Then the Inwara (sp?) flavors, I've got Tobbaco black cherry, Tobbaco dark chocolate, 555, and AM4A in my cart right now.
I know it's not the diy forum, but I don't want answers from out in left field either!

I use one of those tubes - the 10ml for nic - for measuring and a beaker 80ml for mixing. I also use 5ml syringes for flavoring. That gets me to my 12 -15mg juice levels. What I am trying to say is - only buy the size that you need for your mixes - the rest will gather dust (I have quite a few dusty pieces)...

If your looking for throat hit - Desert Ship gave me the best throat hit I could find back when I vaped tobacco flavors. Do not know if it will be the same for you.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Thoughts?

I am not that much help. I mix all my recipe concentrates together. Then just make smaller weekly batches by adding PG/VG/nic when I need to. Because I make larger batches of the concentrate mix I use glass tubes.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Thoughts?

I put clear packing tape over the numbers on my syringes. Never any problem with them wearing off. You could also put clear nail polish.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I put clear packing tape over the numbers on my syringes. Never any problem with them wearing off. You could also put clear nail polish.

Yep, nail polish - look like new still (and no I did not use my wife's nail polish)...

Users who are viewing this thread