Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Clear nail polish is an essential item in any DIY'ers gadget box.

Mark your batteries for pairing with a sharpie, coat with cnp. Won't come off. And won't make the battery bigger, like a covering of tape will, which may interfere with fit in some mods.

Coat your syringe and cylinder markings.

Think Dollar Store :)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I have no experience with Inawara flavors, but that sounds low to me. At 2-5% I wouldn't be able to taste most of my flavors. But I've stuck to TFA so far, so INW % may indeed be good that low, I don't know.

ETA-Not sure I added anything useful, but...
I agree that sounds low, but the research I've done that's the percentage most seem to use. I should have enough wiggle room for up to 10% flavor and still hit my 36mg.
I'm planning to stay with a 60/40 mix, pg strong, as it's what I use, like and works in most of my tanks well enough.
I'm leaning towards the throat hit nic because I'm told it's somewhat comparable to my NET juices and very decently priced.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA

Mark your batteries for pairing with a sharpie, coat with cnp. Won't come off. And won't make the battery bigger, like a covering of tape will, which may interfere with fit in some mods.

Good idea, I use tiny dots of different colors that I got from Amazon.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I agree that sounds low, but the research I've done that's the percentage most seem to use. I should have enough wiggle room for up to 10% flavor and still hit my 36mg.
I'm planning to stay with a 60/40 mix, pg strong, as it's what I use, like and works in most of my tanks well enough.
I'm leaning towards the throat hit nic because I'm told it's somewhat comparable to my NET juices and very decently priced.

I think that you can use what you have learned as a guide line for the percentage of flavor. I think that this is an area in where things can differ from one person to the next. I have followed some flavor profiles and found them to either be too strong or too weak. When it comes to flavoring IMHO there are many variables.

Not every flavor company use the same formula. Some of my mixes might have 10% flavor and some might have 25%. Not everyone has the same taste buds and in my case they're practically non existent.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there will be a lot of trial and error till you find what you enjoy making.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Speaking of bling, I wanted to fit these somewhere in here for Kat---blingy lips to go with blingy PVs and blingy drip tips:

These are absolutely gorgeous

One of my main decorating pieces is rocks, so I have a lot of nice geodes, would love to try something like this for New Years:

I think you may HAVE to click on the link to see them, because they won't post:

Geode lips as an Instagram beauty trend are too dazzling to behold

crystal-lip-art-makeup-beyou-byjoh-johannah-adams-10.jpg

These are nice too (esp. if you like to eat or kiss)
i_f189050e0f622888_html_fd08aa06.jpg

13098874_638423789640173_1144021101_n.jpg

The evolution progressith.

images(3).jpg

(Thanks, Race!) :)

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I think that you can use what you have learned as a guide line for the percentage of flavor. I think that this is an area in where things can differ from one person to the next. I have followed some flavor profiles and found them to either be too strong or too weak. When it comes to flavoring IMHO there are many variables.

Not every flavor company use the same formula. Some of my mixes might have 10% flavor and some might have 25%. Not everyone has the same taste buds and in my case they're practically non existent.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there will be a lot of trial and error till you find what you enjoy making.
Very true, my 710 clone was close to 20% flavors, I'm dreading revisiting those notes!
But for now I'm just trying to save some cash and have some basic flavors to start off with. Once I find out this nic will work for me, I'm only ordering 120ml to test with, then I'll add more flavors and try complicated blends.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Speaking of bling, I wanted to fit these somewhere in here for Kat---blingy lips to go with blingy PVs and blingy drip tips:

These are absolutely gorgeous

One of my main decorating pieces is rocks, so I have a lot of nice geodes, would love to try something like this for New Years:

I think you may HAVE to click on the link to see them, because they won't post:

Geode lips as an Instagram beauty trend are too dazzling to behold

crystal-lip-art-makeup-beyou-byjoh-johannah-adams-10.jpg

These are nice too (esp. if you like to eat or kiss)
i_f189050e0f622888_html_fd08aa06.jpg

13098874_638423789640173_1144021101_n.jpg
:ohmy:

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I have no experience with Inawara flavors, but that sounds low to me. At 2-5% I wouldn't be able to taste most of my flavors. But I've stuck to TFA so far, so INW % may indeed be good that low, I don't know.

ETA-Not sure I added anything useful, but...
All Inawara I have used are very strong and 1% to 2% has been the max I have been able to use. They are some of the closest flavors to the real thing I have ever used, almost to close for me and i do not mix with them very often. My regular tobacco I use is TFA DK Tobacco 3% with Black Honey Tobacco 1.5% and light menthol to finish it off.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

To me, clear nail polish will always be remembered as the remedy for runs in panty hose.
Good idea, I use tiny dots of different colors that I got from Amazon.
Hey, what about using a light nail polish to put on batteries that are too dark to write on, like the tootsie rolls? Then, once it dries, you can finally write on it with marker!
All Inawara I have used are very strong and 1% to 2% has been the max I have been able to use. They are some of the closest flavors to the real thing I have ever used, almost to close for me and i do not mix with them very often. My regular tobacco I use is TFA DK Tobacco 3% with Black Honey Tobacco 1.5% and light menthol to finish it off.
That sounds pretty good.

iBloke

Verified Member
May 25, 2016
The Lan Dow Nunda
To me, clear nail polish will always be remembered as the remedy for runs in panty hose.

whatthe.gif
...umm..the last time I went for a run in my pantyhose I didn't take clear nail polish with me, and it all turned out fine...

:D

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Hey, what about using a light nail polish to put on batteries that are too dark to write on, like the tootsie rolls? Then, once it dries, you can finally write on it with marker!

That might work. I picked up a Brother Label maker and use that for my batteries, and a number of other things.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Silver or gold sharpie for that! :thumb:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
That might work. I picked up a Brother Label maker and use that for my batteries, and a number of other things.

Mebbe.....

I have a couple of box mods that have very close tolerances for the battery. I used to mark my batteries and then cover with a strip of clear tape - but even just that small extra bit on the diameter made them too snug.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Mebbe.....

I have a couple of box mods that have very close tolerances for the battery. I used to mark my batteries and then cover with a strip of clear tape - but even just that small extra bit on the diameter made them too snug.

I haven't run across that problem yet but I understand that it could happen.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Mebbe.....

I have one mech tube that the tolerance is so tight it messed up two batt wraps...

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

Been quiet over here. Our entire state lost power yesterday for 5 hours (extreme weather event) and more expected today.

Dinner by candle light. We knew it was coming so all the batteries were charged early. GT is still flooded and without power, mallee finally got a hot cuppa at 1.30 this morning.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Been quiet over here. Our entire state lost power yesterday for 5 hours (extreme weather event) and more expected today.

Dinner by candle light. We knew it was coming so all the batteries were charged early. GT is still flooded and without power, mallee finally got a hot cuppa at 1.30 this morning.

I don't really "like" this, but I'm hoping all are o.k. Sending blessings and hopes for quick recoveries.

Users who are viewing this thread