Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
DIY French vanilla tobacco(20mg/90VG) in: ego one tank on a Hunter mod

SS .82Ω/rayon/22w/320°

- - -

flashback:

so what are you smoking, err I mean vaping ?

- - I dunno, it's a 900mah ego stick batt with a Kanger EVOD tank and a 2.5Ω coil - awesome
with some Johnson Creek Red Oak Tennessee Cured

:evil:
upload_2016-10-22_13-17-26.png

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
2 VV4's 2 rgm2 1.8 ohm at 6.5 w. Vaping a Strawberry Cream and KOSMIC KHAOS.

Two things in your post have my attention! The KF5 isn't that top fill? I've been thinking about getting that, I have a KFL V2 I love the flavor but hate refilling. And your vanilla custard, my fav is clockwerks custard, a "proper British custard" but expensive! Care to share your recipe? :rolleyes:

I would like a good custard.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
DIY Vanilla custard, Kayfun 5, .93ohm 30g over 28g kanthal clapton 25w on my Hana V4 Dna40. Im not MTL this morning but its a nice smooth DL to go with my coffee with Irish Cream, creamer :)
Sounds like me. Kayfun V5, DIY vanilla custard. CAP Vanilla custard V2 2.5% mixed with CAP French Vanilla V2 2.5% left for a month.28 SS 316L 6 wraps 2.5 mm id coil .64 ohm at 430F on a SMY SDNA75. MTL kit in airhole,largest one 1.6mm.Perfect vape indeed.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Two things in your post have my attention! The KF5 isn't that top fill? I've been thinking about getting that, I have a KFL V2 I love the flavor but hate refilling. And your vanilla custard, my fav is clockwerks custard, a "proper British custard" but expensive! Care to share your recipe? :rolleyes:
Yes the KF5 is top fill and is really easy to do. You really should get one the flavor is just awesome and the deck is super easy to build on and its a huge improvement over the KFLite and 3.1 etc.

My custard recipe is......

5% Capella V1 Vanilla Custard
1% Capella Vanilla Cupcake
2% Capella Simply Vanilla
2% Capella Bavarian Cream

Its just delicious :)

You could use Capella V2 Vanilla Custard but its not near as good. The V2 is diacytal free but it really lacks in the flavor department so stick with the V1.

edit: I mix it @ 60% VG 40% PG

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Sounds like me. Kayfun V5, DIY vanilla custard. CAP Vanilla custard V2 2.5% mixed with CAP French Vanilla V2 2.5% left for a month.28 SS 316L 6 wraps 2.5 mm id coil .64 ohm at 430F on a SMY SDNA75. MTL kit in airhole,largest one 1.6mm.Perfect vape indeed.
That sounds good!

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Morning TP's

This morning it will mainly be DIY subzero in a unicorn poo billet box, aspire bridge with rebuild BVC coils (1.9ohm rayon wicked)

What's your recipe for the subzero? I gave up trying to clone it and just buy a bottle every now and then. Lol

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

You can top fill any KF. On the V2, 3.1, etc, remove the top cap. Cover the air intake(s) with fingers, fill to about the middle of the threads where the top cap goes. Get the top started on, invert (back to right side up) and finish tightening the top. I've not found much difference on when after you turn it back rightside, btw. Take a couple draws to re-establish the vacuum, done. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Awesome, thanks for the recipe!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
You can top fill any KF. On the V2, 3.1, etc, remove the top cap. Cover the air intake(s) with fingers, fill to about the middle of the threads where the top cap goes. Get the top started on, invert (back to right side up) and finish tightening the top. I've not found much difference on when after you turn it back rightside, btw. Take a couple draws to re-establish the vacuum, done. :)
thanks for that tidbit David! Filling that little bottom hole is a pain.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Bottom-fill for Kayfun: Put a stopper in the driptip hole-- like an earplug. Remove the base from the tank. Fill half-way up (depending on configuration), and replace base. Remove plug.

As long as the chamber and chimney don't come off with the base, that could work... :w00t:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Yes the KF5 is top fill and is really easy to do. You really should get one the flavor is just awesome and the deck is super easy to build on and its a huge improvement over the KFLite and 3.1 etc.

My custard recipe is......

5% Capella V1 Vanilla Custard
1% Capella Vanilla Cupcake
2% Capella Simply Vanilla
2% Capella Bavarian Cream

Its just delicious :)

You could use Capella V2 Vanilla Custard but its not near as good. The V2 is diacytal free but it really lacks in the flavor department so stick with the V1.

edit: I mix it @ 60% VG 40% PG
Thanks so much for the recipe! I think I'll get both the V1 and V2 Cap custard versions, I've heard the same from others about V2 not as good, so will be good to compare. I wrote Vaping.watch and asked if there amazingly good Clockwerks Custard had diacytal, and never heard back. I vape it anyway its that good, lol. I have a triton mini which is top fill, and love that for using nautilus stock coils, now I want to try it in a kayfun V5 clone RTA, I'm looking at the SXK clone at fasttech, and based on reviews there and here on the forum, it sounds good. I'm a MTL vaper, and on the forum I found out I can buy inserts to reduce the flow which some have described as too airy for MTL, your thoughts? I will likely get the inserts from another company in the US, don't see them on fasttech.

Users who are viewing this thread