Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Cardinals-Seahawks just finished. Tied. Strange game, lots of punting.

My FT order just arrived in LA. Just spare parts.
VERY strange game. And I don't even watch football (except when we're surrounded by American fans).

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
I've watched this guy compare the kayfun V5 Authentic to the SXK kayfun V5 clone, and also a review of the SXK kayfun V5 Mini, he's a really awesome reviewer, lol. Very detailed! Having watched these, I don't think the reducer inserts I ordered for the original KF V5 will fit in the SXK KF V5 Mini clone I just ordered from FT (slightly narrower thoat, other than that the rest is about the same), also the mini is shorter coil deck. In any case, it sounds awesome from the review, we shall see how it works for MTL.

Not sure about the SXK KF5 but I saw" DJLsb vapes" do a review on the SMJY vs the original and the specs were the same..should find out tomorrow on mine. I however did see a post where some one took the air flow post and the center block for the KF3 mini and put it on the 5 to get a tighter draw..it was kinda interesting. It worked he said. Wasn't pretty ,though you couldn't tell when put all together..

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Where????? I want my PM, deary!! :D

Cosmic, I do have the Toyota, and I have a true love/dislike relationship with it, but it always ends up in my mouth for some odd reason.

It's a NEAT little tank. Yeah, ok, it's a pain to rewick. The genisis style of it is intruiging, but getting the wick ends into the tiny openings is shall we say.... challenging.

It sometimes weeps out of the air holes (which, just by the way, I find with nearly all RB tanks). When I carry it in my mystery bag of tricks (purse), I wrap a bit of vapor towel around it.

The capacity is not voluminous, but refilling it is the easiest of all tanks I own. You just pop the top off (not even any screwing involved), fill, pop back on, and boom. Back in biz.

It is by far less airy than say the Wine, as it does have air adjustment. I find it to be a perfect TPuff tank.

There's this deliciousness that always emerges with every vape. I can not explain it, but I adore that damm thing.
Thanks for all your input...Ive been searching for just ONE more interesting RB tank to get then I have to seriously call it quits on purchases for awhile. Who am I kidding. LoL

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Told ya not to wait......

But then I would not have been able to experiment! :evil:

I don't need another, I promise. There's even one with Kat's name on it here, just in case...

That being said, I'd STILL have bought it. :facepalm:

@gnees :thumbs::thumbs: (Eagles!).

Janie47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Tennessee
Hello fellow tootle puffers! Hoping y'all are willing to help me out, even though I never contribute anything to the forum. I've put off asking for a long time 'cos I do feel guilty, kept thinking I'd do my own research for the answer, but .... excuses excuses. Here's the deal. I have used only iSticks for the past few years, have (2) 20w, a 30w, & a TC40. For tanks, I use the Nauti Mini and GS Airs. (Haven't updated any of them in a long time so only have the older versions of both). I prefer my Nautis as I just don't get the same good flavor from the GS coils. (I don't build my own coils). I typically order my eLiquid 70/30 or 60/40, and depending on the liquid I like to vape in the range of 7-9 watts. It's (past) time for me to purchase new batteries/mods and new tanks. For those of you who had/have same preferences, is there something new & improved you would recommend, or should I stick with my same-o? Thanks in advance for any advice! P.S. I chose vaping over analogs in 2008. Fell off the wagon for a couple of years, but haven't had an analog in several years, so when I first started vaping, ecigs were quite different.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Hello fellow tootle puffers! Hoping y'all are willing to help me out, even though I never contribute anything to the forum. I've put off asking for a long time 'cos I do feel guilty, kept thinking I'd do my own research for the answer, but .... excuses excuses. Here's the deal. I have used only iSticks for the past few years, have (2) 20w, a 30w, & a TC40. For tanks, I use the Nauti Mini and GS Airs. (Haven't updated any of them in a long time so only have the older versions of both). I prefer my Nautis as I just don't get the same good flavor from the GS coils. (I don't build my own coils). I typically order my eLiquid 70/30 or 60/40, and depending on the liquid I like to vape in the range of 7-9 watts. It's (past) time for me to purchase new batteries/mods and new tanks. For those of you who had/have same preferences, is there something new & improved you would recommend, or should I stick with my same-o? Thanks in advance for any advice! P.S. I chose vaping over analogs in 2008. Fell off the wagon for a couple of years, but haven't had an analog in several years, so when I first started vaping, ecigs were quite different.

If you are happy with your setup why change.

That said you should think about mods with replaceable batteries and rebuildable tanks before doomsday sets in.

I don't know anything about the setup you are using but someone will be along shortly.

Janie47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Tennessee
Thanks Cornflakes! True dat with regard to replaceable batts. I had just googled reviews for the Pico 75w (on my laptop that is extremely slow today).

That said you should think about mods with replaceable batteries and rebuildable tanks before doomsday sets in.

I don't know anything about the setup you are using but someone will be along shortly.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
But then I would not have been able to experiment! :evil:

I don't need another, I promise. There's even one with Kat's name on it here, just in case...

That being said, I'd STILL have bought it. :facepalm:

@gnees :thumbs::thumbs: (Eagles!).

Thank you, my sweets. I DO like Wine. ;)

Janie, hi and welcome! Of course we're more than willing to help you out (and enable some buying sprees ;) )!

Your set ups sound a bit like some of mine. I enjoyed the iSticks and still use Naughty tanks. I also didn't get the whole GS Air love. They were ok, but not my preference. And, I typically use 65/35 PG/VG vliquids, so we're very much aligned. I vape a tad higher than you (9-11w), but no bigs.

There is SO much to choose from now. We might need to know some preferences on your part. Box mod? Tube mod? I see that you prefer not to build your own coils, so that's a start.

If you do enjoy the tube mod styles, welp, you know I'm going to recommend a Provari. (great deals on them these days)

And there is one tank I'm REALLY liking and that is the Joyetech Ego One Mega V2, aka Egg Roll. It has drop in coils, but they are very simple to rewick. I mean VERY simple. That might be an option for you.

You're bound to get a lot of suggestions here. Keep us posted on what you decide and good luck!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

My feelings exactly. I love the Nautis too, and had similar experiences with the GS tanks.

Mods are plentiful, and often very affordable. Find one that you like and run with it. Replaceable batteries are good. [emoji4]

Maybe one good RBA too, to be safe. The KF Lite V2 is easy to build, and quite sturdy. Clones are available for cheap.

Good luck and we'll be interested to hear...!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Janie47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Tennessee
Thank you, my sweets. I DO like Wine. ;)

Janie, hi and welcome! Of course we're more than willing to help you out (and enable some buying sprees ;) )!

Your set ups sound a bit like some of mine. I enjoyed the iSticks and still use Naughty tanks. I also didn't get the whole GS Air love. They were ok, but not my preference. And, I typically use 65/35 PG/VG vliquids, so we're very much aligned. I vape a tad higher than you (9-11w), but no bigs.

There is SO much to choose from now. We might need to know some preferences on your part. Box mod? Tube mod? I see that you prefer not to build your own coils, so that's a start.

If you do enjoy the tube mod styles, welp, you know I'm going to recommend a Provari. (great deals on them these days)

And there is one tank I'm REALLY liking and that is the Joyetech Ego One Mega V2, aka Egg Roll. It has drop in coils, but they are very simple to rewick. I mean VERY simple. That might be an option for you.

You're bound to get a lot of suggestions here. Keep us posted on what you decide and good luck!

Hi Katdarling! I was so hoping you would weigh in here. I've followed your posts for a very long time as we do seem to have similar tastes. (If I'm not mistaken, we joined ECF on the exact same day? Look how far YOU have come compared to me. Oy vey). I'll check out the Provari but doubt it's in my price range. (I maintain and supply 2 other vapors besides myself. Dad and a niece. It's the only way they'll stick with it). Going to look at Provaris now..... xoxox

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janie47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Tennessee
My feelings exactly. I love the Nautis too, and had similar experiences with the GS tanks.

Mods are plentiful, and often very affordable. Find one that you like and run with it. Replaceable batteries are good. [emoji4]

Maybe one good RBA too, to be safe. The KF Lite V2 is easy to build, and quite sturdy. Clones are available for cheap.

Good luck and we'll be interested to hear...!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks bunches DPLongo! Glad I'm not the only one still loving Nautis!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks bunches DPLongo! Glad I'm not the only one still loving Nautis!

If I could use them forever, Janie, I would! And if you're checking Provis, don't miss the Specials section. ;-)

Specials of the week

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
hello Janie
here's some of what all the cool kids seem to think is hot, at the moment...

upload_2016-10-24_13-2-28.png

upload_2016-10-24_13-3-12.png

upload_2016-10-24_13-3-45.png

upload_2016-10-24_13-4-35.png

just something to ponder on... ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Hi Janie,

I share your love of Nautis and I too have been using the isticks (30W) for quite some time. I also use a Coolfire 4 which I really like.

Have you thought about the Nautilus X? I bought one a few months back because they were supposed to be the next generation of the Nauti Mini. Honestly? - I was very disappointed with it...until I bought the extension for it (about $5) and the 1.8 coils. Now I love it. The extension is a 4ml tank (original was 2ml), easy peasy top fill. Took me a bit to get used to the Nauti X - the airflow was much looser than I was accustomed to but I stuck with it and now use it every day.

Note : without the extension, I found the drip tip got very hot but no problem now. Also, the 1.8 coils are good for 14 - 22W (don't quote me on that). That may seem high for you...I was used to vaping around a whopping 9W :)

Hope you find something that works for you.

Cheers

Janie47

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2010
Tennessee
hello Janie
here's some of what all the cool kids seem to think is hot, at the moment...

View attachment 609133
View attachment 609135
View attachment 609141

just something to ponder on... ;)
OMG! You rock! Whoda' thunk at my age I'd get another chance to sit at the cool kids table? Seriously, thanks so much! Checking out each and every suggestion you all have made. Sadly, our Wifi is having issues today so it is taking me foreeeevvvvvvver.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
OMG! You rock! Whoda' thunk at my age I'd get another chance to sit at the cool kids table? Seriously, thanks so much!
Checking out each and every suggestion you all have made. Sadly, our Wifi is having issues today so it is taking me foreeeevvvvvvver.

maybe some direct links will help out your 'slacking' www , for now... :D

- Eleaf iSmoka iStick Pico 75W Body Only - Hot Pink
- Innokin Cool fire IV 75W 18650 Temperature Control Express
- Joyetech eVic VTwo Mini 75W TC Mod

- Specials of the week

:party:

Users who are viewing this thread