Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Welcome (back) @Janie47! You've found an AMAZING group of folks here.....

Quickly, re: the batteries. For the Provi MINI - you need 18350 BUTTON-tops. AW is the oft-recommended brand. For the Standard - 18490/18500 BUTTON-top. If you get the extension cap, you can roll with 18650s (button-top - I know, I sound like a broken record.)

I'll BRB with some battery links. And chargers....

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Something like this: AW™ 18350 IMR 800mAh Battery - 100% Authentic - Vapor Authority

*NEW* AW IMR 18490 3.7v 1200mAh

*NEW* AW IMR 18650 3.7v 2200mAh

RTD Vapor is a VERY reputable vendor. There might be others - don't buy off Amazon or Ebay, if you can avoid it. Check for coupons - @Krisma is the kween of koopons, and might have some leads for you

You might want to "buck-up" for a beauty ring from Provape. Unless you already bucked-up for the flat-top on the device (I didn't when I purchased - the Nauti Mini looks more streamlined with the beveled top.

Chargers - Nitecore Intellicharger, Efest LUC, or XTAR have been well-followed chargers. I have the LUC V4. Charges all three sizes of batteries (as well as 26650s for the jumbo mods) It shows a voltage numerically as well as the "meter", filling up as it charges. Check vapecrawler.com for prices and vendors.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Or, for a bit more, a lot more simplification and probably about the same by the time you figure in shipping, just order batteries and a charger from Provape.
It doesn't matter to me, but you know they will work in the Provari you order, and paying shipping from two vendors may offset the higher price at Provape?

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Welcome (back) @Janie47! You've found an AMAZING group of folks here.....

Quickly, re: the batteries. For the Provi MINI - you need 18350 BUTTON-tops. AW is the oft-recommended brand. For the Standard - 18490/18500 BUTTON-top. If you get the extension cap, you can roll with 18650s (button-top - I know, I sound like a broken record.)

I'll BRB with some battery links. And chargers....
@Janie47, if you get the standard size from the specials page, be sure to check the box for the extension cap. It's free and, like Dinger said above, it allows you to use 18650 batteries. I have two mini and three standard 2.5s. Can't say I prefer one over the other. Really enjoying them.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Comparison....

IMG_20161024_204310233_HDR~2.jpg

Standard Provi Dragon with full-size Nauti, and Glovari without beauty ring, extension cap and Kayfun V3 Mini

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Comparison....

View attachment 609261

Standard Provi Dragon with full-size Nauti, and Glovari without beauty ring, extension cap and Kayfun V3 Mini
I have a Glovari. I use it a lot, but never noticed anything glowy about it. How about yours? That Dragon is a thing of beauty.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I have a Glovari. I use it a lot, but never noticed anything glowy about it. How about yours? That Dragon is a thing of beauty.

These were the two over which I drooled for about 18 months. When they hacked the prices, I bit.

I have gotten the Glovi to light up a touch - I have to get it in some really good light and then be in a darker room, but yes, it glows. I even have a glow-in-the-dark tip (which actually glows a bit better than the mod!)

I prefer box mods, and I don't let these leave the house, but when I'm waxing nostalgic, I'll get one or the other fired up.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
These were the two over which I drooled for about 18 months. When they hacked the prices, I bit.

I have gotten the Glovi to light up a touch - I have to get it in some really good light and then be in a darker room, but yes, it glows. I even have a glow-in-the-dark tip (which actually glows a bit better than the mod!)

I prefer box mods, and I don't let these leave the house, but when I'm waxing nostalgic, I'll get one or the other fired up.

We made some glow in the dark driptips and they still give me a start when I wander around the house in the dark :p

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
We made some glow in the dark driptips and they still give me a start when I wander around the house in the dark :p

LOL - I'll catch mine on the counter after I've washed it. It's a bit disconcerting!

Zen Knitter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2016
Gold country, Calif.
Thanks! Done did! Which batteries should I get? 18350 or 18490? I put the 490's in my cart because that was the one with the free extension cap, but mebbe' the extension fits both? And I'm so sorry, but one more question re: the Provari. What out the batteries and multi charger? Should I buy from Provari or are they same things I can get at say Lowe's for cheaper? (Oops, 'twas 2 more questions, sorry). I'm thinking of going ahead with Provape order since these are already on sale. Or should I wait? Okay, okay..... 3 more questions, lol). Ruh-Roh! Make that 4..... what about the "P3 Top Cap with 510 and Beauty Ring?" Yay or nay. (I have tons of beauty rings, not sure though what the "Top Cap" is)

Janie just my two cents. Even if you must purchase the extra extension cap for the ability to use 18650 batts, do it! I get 24 hrs from my 18650s, and that is so nice. I have 4 Provari 2.5, all using 18650s. 18650s in all of my mods, P3, Radius, even my starter Odessy large and mini, the last 2 with Triton tanks. But there is nothing better than a PROVAPE mod. Folks have been using theirs for 4-5 yrs. without problems. Order your first set with batteries, guaranteed safe. Later you can learn what not to buy from China. I also bought my battery charger from PROVAPE, their entire mission is SAFETY! And with the specials page you just can't go wrong. Also sign up first to get 10% off for newbies.

Users who are viewing this thread