Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Smaller paperweights, don't hold much down!

(And, while I don't use them, I do have a few mechs and twice as many kicks, just in case ;) )

I have five kicked nemmys in daily use, four spare kicks, and a bunch of fuses for even further down the line.

Yup, no use at all as paperweights. I might use a Siglei mech as a storage tube for my spare kicks and fuses.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
I have battled going back to analogs since last year around this time. About a month ago, I was finally able to get my KayFuns coiled and wicked with rayon cellucotton and it finally fixed the issues I was having. The KGD cotton was always harsh for me and had a strange taste.

It has been exactly one month today of being smoke free again. I swear to god, if it wasn't for vaping, I would be well on my way to my death bed. It is strange feeling to be able to breath out of both nostrils again :)
5bd7b4451635a430a57f9e57daf1d67a.jpg

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I have battled going back to analogs since last year around this time. About a month ago, I was finally able to get my KayFuns coiled and wicked with rayon cellucotton and it finally fixed the issues I was having. The KGD cotton was always harsh for me and had a strange taste.

It has been exactly one month today of being smoke free again. I swear to god, if it wasn't for vaping, I would be well on my way to my death bed. It is strange feeling to be able to breath out of both nostrils again :)

HEY NOW ! that's great to hear :thumbs:

you are getting PLENTY of NIC in your system ?

been awhile since I've heard someones sad sad story (not being able to make the switch TO vaping fully)
so it is a good thing for me to hear you are back on the right road !!

CONGRATS
:bday:
:evil:

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

Good on you! Unfortunately I'm still battling, doubt I'll ever win honestly, but I'm cut back tremendously so I'll take the battles I can win.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Huh... been so busy I'm missing things. Apparently, the 24th was my two year vaperversary.

I started vaping to stop smoking because my father, on his deathbed, said "quit them /$\$\$ things before they kill you, too."

Tomorrow marks 2 years without him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Paint markers work wonders lol

That's only for Mini stuff. In fact, I've come to refer to it as The Mini Fix. I'm thinking wristbands...

I'd be careful using that application on other mods since they may have trademarked it by now.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Huh... been so busy I'm missing things. Apparently, the 24th was my two year vaperversary.

I started vaping to stop smoking because my father, on his deathbed, said "quit them /$\$\$ things before they kill you, too."

Pause to cause, for sure. I'm going with condolences, and with hopes that he's proud of you for standing by your word.

I will raise a coffee cup to him tomorrow morning, Shawn.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Good on you! Unfortunately I'm still battling, doubt I'll ever win honestly, but I'm cut back tremendously so I'll take the battles I can win.

I hope that you find "That Vape" one day, Saw. And you may yet still...

But every one not brought to your lips remains a win.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
I am sorry to hear about your loss Shawn. I watched my grandfather die of lung cancer in our home. I remember when the morphine stopped working in the end and he begged my dad to go get the shotgun from the garage... It was the worst way to go (He had never smoked a day in his life). I didn't want to go like that. I started smoking at 15 and I was hooked bad by my late teens. I never got into any other drugs or alcohol because the hold that just smoking had over me.

Vaping seemed to be a lot simpler back in the day. You bought a Silver Bullet, you bought cr123a batts, you bought your cartos or 510 attys, you dripped. I am a very technical person but this stuff combined with "everyone's taste is different" keeps me constantly fiddling with these coils and wicks. I used to vape pear and now I can't find anything like I was vaping back in 2010-2012. I am however getting better at it and have a couple of juices that I can tolerate that are getting me by. I am currently hunting for 3 or 4 ADVs. If I can lock down this coil/wick dealio and be able to rotate 4 great ADVs, I will be in a great spot.

My motto is to not give up again. I will keep at this until I get it right. I will never smoke another analog again. My god though, I was hooked really bad. When I stopped last month, I never felt the need or craved a cigarette, but the withdrawal of everything else in the cigs had me hurting and miserable for two weeks straight. I am finally feeling happy again!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I hope that you find "That Vape" one day, Saw. And you may yet still...

But every one not brought to your lips remains a win.
Thank you for the well wishes, but I fear that until I can get the pain manageable, the cigs will win. But, I'll say again, 1PAD is a lot better than 3-5PAD!

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM

I'm sorry about your father, Shawn, ((hugs)). I know he's proud of you!
Congrats on 2 years, wonderful to hear!!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
And sorry @Shawn Hoefer wasnt ignoring you, just don't know what to say. I helped a lifelong friend bury his father last week, so please forgive me for not having anything left to say.
You have my sympathies...

I don't feel ignored...

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida

Congrats crixer on one month. Keep fighting the good fight!! There's plenty of support on this thread. Continued Good Health!!

Congrats on 2 years!! :banana:

My story is pretty similar Shawn. Watched my Father suffer for many, many months. I finally gave up the coffin nails for vaping on Sept 6th 2012. My Father passed 3 months to the day on Dec 6th 2012 just 3 days before his 80th Birthday. It's not the way you want to be motivated but it finally straightened me out!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Just keep telling yourself that a regulated replaceable battery mod is JUST LIKE a regulated non-replaceable battery mod, same protections, just the ability to put in a new battery when the old one eventually fails. So you wind up with fewer paperweights around the house.
One major difference is size, most battery replaceable mods are larger than Istick 30 or 40W, that's why I've always preferred the smaller more pocketable isticks. Until the Pico came out with a small size and replaceable battery, now I want one. :)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
So many of us are watching the results of smoking on our parents and siblings. Both my parents were heavy smokers and paid the price. I really don't know if vaping can undo the damage I did to myself but I do know that it has given me a quality of life that is 100 folds better.

Users who are viewing this thread