Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
In case any one might be interested.
Vaporcube is having Flash sales on their Hohmtech stuff.

The Skillet is $6.99 (reduced from $49.99) when you use the code SKILLET.
HΩ Skillet (Hohm Skillet) 2200mAh Rechargeable Starter Kit (limited edition) - Best Sellers

hohmtech_stk344_1.jpg

They are also having Flash sales on the Hohmwrecker G2 (not the Limited Edition) from $129.99 to $44.97 with the code G2FLASHx1.
HΩ Wrecker G2 (Hohm Wrecker) 171W Temperature Control Box Mod - Best Sellers

hohmtech_vwm341_1_1.jpg

And lastly the 26650 Slice (from $59.99 to $29.99 also the regular version) using the code SLICEPRICE
HΩ SLICE (Hohm SLICE) Single 26650 101W Temperature Control Box Mod

se2_site.jpg

Go Giants!!! Go Phins!!! Can we make it 7 in a row????
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Had a REALLY poor experience with Vaporcube, Bought a Skillet to give to a friend, It worked until the battery depleted, and would not charge. received it 10 days ago, put in a ticket same day I got it. They still have not answered the ticket. Was going to buy a Wrecker, but since they never bothered to answer my ticket I bought a Smok Alien.

Perhaps I fell through the CSR cracks, however I did open two tickets, sent an email, attempted contact on Farcebook, no results. After all that the two tickets I opened through the website are now completely gone (Deleted?). Glad it wasn't a big ticket item.

Hopefully no one here needs to make use of the CS, but if you do I hope you have better luck then I did. To busy? Maybe, but 10 days should be long enough.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
In case any one might be interested.
Vaporcube is having Flash sales on their Hohmtech stuff.

The Skillet is $6.99 (reduced from $49.99) when you use the code SKILLET.
HΩ Skillet (Hohm Skillet) 2200mAh Rechargeable Starter Kit (limited edition) - Best Sellers

hohmtech_stk344_1.jpg

They are also having Flash sales on the Hohmwrecker G2 (not the Limited Edition) from $129.99 to $44.97 with the code G2FLASHx1.
HΩ Wrecker G2 (Hohm Wrecker) 171W Temperature Control Box Mod - Best Sellers

hohmtech_vwm341_1_1.jpg

And lastly the 26650 Slice (from $59.99 to $29.99 also the regular version) using the code SLICEPRICE
HΩ SLICE (Hohm SLICE) Single 26650 101W Temperature Control Box Mod

se2_site.jpg

Go Giants!!! Go Phins!!! Can we make it 7 in a row????
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

That Skillet looks interesting. The coils look so close to the CLR coils. That might be hoping for too much. I did a few searches but couldn't find any info if CLRs would work in it.

The charging / cust service thing is not a glowing report though.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The other mod that vapour bank has is the cloupor mini for $25 I won a couple and they have not missed a beat since I got them. A good size and weight (real metal :p)

Vapor Bank - Evansville, Indiana E-Cigarette Store

Yeah, had to :)facepalm:) get two more (actually, it the Mini+, same case, higher max power and TC capable), along with a couple of blue KF2s for $3 each.... ordered and shipped Friday :thumb:

Dealt with them a few times before Indiana went nuts, nice to see 'em back!

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
The coils look so close to the CLR coils. That might be hoping for too much.

The base of the CLR coils are a little to long, and the tip which contacts the chimney is a little to fat, as well as the height above deck is about 1mm short, so no they won't fit.

I'll also mention the threading on the atomizer I got is a little rough, and overall quality is not nearly as nice as say an Ego/Joytech. Not even two full threads hold the tank to the base, and it is really easy to get the rough feeling threads crossed.

Honestly, the whole kit feels cheap, especially compared to an Ego one, or similar, though if you get a working one still well worth the price.

Since I've not heard from them decided it was time to fix it.

The USB charge board is on the bottom and two VERY thin wires run from the base to the control head. One of these wires the positive charge lead, was apparently broken off during assembly. Easy enough fix. Battery ground is through the chassis so if that little wire had contacted the bare shell the battery would have dead shorted.

The top cap/control head is not held in very tightly at all, popped an old Squape into the 510, it popped right out with very little pressure. Bottom cap with the USB board on it was a little harder to get out, but not much.

It uses the same branded LiPo battery Eleaf uses in the older Isticks, which seem to hold up well. 510 connector also looks a bit cheap, this also looks very eleafish.

After having this thing apart it seems to be designed well, but build quality is pretty underwhelming, Very thin wiring, especially on USB charge board. It seems to be a high current charge, and I think I remember mention of that on the website or manual. End cap/USB board gets pretty hot while charging. If it is indeed a 2 amp charge those wires should have been at least 2-3 times as thick.

Other then the obvious corner cutting on materials it seems OK Though I believe a drop or two with an atty on it will be showing you the internals.

For $6.99 its an OK deal, I'd be pretty upset if I'd have paid $50, both the battery and tank have an overall cheapish feel to me.

At some point soon I may take it back apart and put some proper wires in it If I do I'll get some pics.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
The base of the CLR coils are a little to long, and the tip which contacts the chimney is a little to fat, as well as the height above deck is about 1mm short, so no they won't fit.

I'll also mention the threading on the atomizer I got is a little rough, and overall quality is not nearly as nice as say an Ego/Joytech. Not even two full threads hold the tank to the base, and it is really easy to get the rough feeling threads crossed.

Honestly, the whole kit feels cheap, especially compared to an Ego one, or similar, though if you get a working one still well worth the price.

Since I've not heard from them decided it was time to fix it.

The USB charge board is on the bottom and two VERY thin wires run from the base to the control head. One of these wires the positive charge lead, was apparently broken off during assembly. Easy enough fix. Battery ground is through the chassis so if that little wire had contacted the bare shell the battery would have dead shorted.

The top cap/control head is not held in very tightly at all, popped an old Squape into the 510, it popped right out with very little pressure. Bottom cap with the USB board on it was a little harder to get out, but not much.

It uses the same branded LiPo battery Eleaf uses in the older Isticks, which seem to hold up well. 510 connector also looks a bit cheap, this also looks very eleafish.

After having this thing apart it seems to be designed well, but build quality is pretty underwhelming, Very thin wiring, especially on USB charge board. It seems to be a high current charge, and I think I remember mention of that on the website or manual. End cap/USB board gets pretty hot while charging. If it is indeed a 2 amp charge those wires should have been at least 2-3 times as thick.

Other then the obvious corner cutting on materials it seems OK Though I believe a drop or two with an atty on it will be showing you the internals.

For $6.99 its an OK deal, I'd be pretty upset if I'd have paid $50, both the battery and tank have an overall cheapish feel to me.

At some point soon I may take it back apart and put some proper wires in it If I do I'll get some pics.

Excellent info, thanks.

For that price, I couldn't help take a closer look, and noticed how similar the coil appeared.
It looks like a good design, borrowed from Joytech, but like you mention, they skimped on the quality.

Thanks

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Considering how easy it came apart (good for fixing), and the poor quality wires in it I won't be giving any away. The website says 1 amp charge, wires are still pretty thin for that. If this thing is dropped, and comes apart/breaks a wire, and it happens to short wouldn't be good.

Most of the negatives could be just this one, but those thin wires are a bit worrisome to me.

Since I'm going to keep this one I loaded up the .5 ohm coil, and some thick juice, it does vape nicely, the airflow will probably not be tight enough for most MTL enthusiasts. Airflow closed off is a loose MTL, or fairly restricted lung, opened up completely its a restricted lung. Airflow ring is difficult to turn on this one, and the tank comes loose trying.

The .5 ohm coil is a pretty warm vape, 3 long pulls in a row and the top of the atty is getting uncomfortably hot on the lips. Not sure what metal they're using, but its some sort of plated alloy, not SS.

I much prefer the Ego one, or Mega atomizers with CLR to this atomizer, though the top fill is kind of nice, and other then the threading/AFC ring works well enough.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Yeah, had to :)facepalm:) get two more (actually, it the Mini+, same case, higher max power and TC capable), along with a couple of blue KF2s for $3 each.... ordered and shipped Friday :thumb:

Yeh mine are the mini+
A group of us had a very big order in last years sale and they were excellent to deal with.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Ya'll need to stop tempting me!

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Sorry Phin Phans..... Even tho Hell is freezing over (well, it is snowing here), Miami couldn't swing 7 in a row....

Bad football day, bad bad football day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
ONE-THOUSAND DAYS!!!!! I quit smoking 1000 days ago! Whoda thunk it?

So, a shout to the peeps of one of my favorite threads - THANK YOU - for your support and assistance, encouragement, and temptation ( :sneaky: ) :)

So, as a celebration, I'm going to rewick my KF V3s, load up some juice shared by a special peep here, and have a very contented celebratory vape :)

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
ONE-THOUSAND DAYS!!!!! I quit smoking 1000 days ago! Whoda thunk it?

So, a shout to the peeps of one of my favorite threads - THANK YOU - for your support and assistance, encouragement, and temptation ( :sneaky: ) :)

So, as a celebration, I'm going to rewick my KF V3s, load up some juice shared by a special peep here, and have a very contented celebratory vape :)

Congratulations

:rickroll::banana::rickroll::banana::rickroll:

Users who are viewing this thread