Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
used to used this stuff, it is 4 strands
I'd unwrap it and put one or maybe two across the top before I snapped the chimney on...

upload_2017-1-16_1-36-4.png

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I'd unwrap it and put one or maybe two across the top before I snapped the chimney on...

View attachment 628647

Excellent! Is that a type of yarn? Awesome deal in that stuff!
Why don't you use it anymore?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Excellent! Is that a type of yarn? Awesome deal in that stuff!
Why don't you use it anymore?

yepper - back in the day (before the JOC, ... Organic Cotton went wild fire and took over everything)
that Peach-n-Cream 100% cotton yarn was the hot ticket

I was just getting started building coils...
figuring the yarn was appx 2.2mm O.D. and making 2.0mm I.D. coils made for a PERFECT fit ! !
c-o-n-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-y was big for me and I got it with that set up ;)
unwrap and lay a couple strands on top - I was making some high performance flavor coils (some great results) :D (musta made 1000's of them)

then the 'subOhm' era flooded in and it all changed again - the low power eGo batteries/MVP were out
the higher power devices flooded the market (20w and up^)
I 'upped' my power (slightly) and 'lowered' my NIC (slightly)

then I landed the eGo ONE tanks with CLR coils - The End, close book , open Volume #3 (the Tootle Puffer, a series of Fourtunate Events) :shock:

:evil:

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    When my resistance is .4-.5 the Juice tastes slightly burned. I build to .8-1 that burned taste goes away. No i'm not talking about a burned wick i'm talking about tge Juice being exposed to too much heat.

The heat is caused by not enough air or fuel. It's very easy to make a 2.0 ohm coil produce too much heat. All coils will glow red hot with no liquid.

Last edited:

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada

View attachment 628647

Ah yes,I remember using this for my protank minis,I also used cheese cloth for a bit too.Both worked well.Moved on to shiseido cotton pads and that's where I'm at now.
    Once I stared recoiling I never bothered with the flavour wicks anymore.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Ah yes,I remember using this for my protank minis,I also used cheese cloth for a bit too.Both worked well.Moved on to shiseido cotton pads and that's where I'm at now.
    Once I stared recoiling I never bothered with the flavour wicks anymore.

Good to know, thanks!

Reactions: sorrynomore

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    then I landed the eGo ONE tanks with CLR coils - The End, close book , open Volume #3 (the Tootle Puffer, a series of Fourtunate Events) :shock:

Do these freaking coils ever die?

Plettschner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 2, 2013
    CT
    The heat is caused by not enough air or fuel. It's very easy to make a 2.0 ohm coil produce too much heat. All coils will glow red hot with no liquid.

From an electrical perspective, this is true. From a real world perspective, it seems there is more to it than that.

Using the magical coil calculator, you can have a single wrap .8 ohm coil put out as much heat as a 2 ohm 10 wrap coil, but I believe the single wrap is going to taste like poo even smothered in juice. Surface area of heating element.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    yepper - back in the day (before the JOC, ... Organic Cotton went wild fire and took over everything)
    that Peach-n-Cream 100% cotton yarn was the hot ticket

I was just getting started building coils...
    figuring the yarn was appx 2.2mm O.D. and making 2.0mm I.D. coils made for a PERFECT fit ! !
    c-o-n-s-i-s-t-a-n-c-y was big for me and I got it with that set up ;)
    unwrap and lay a couple strands on top - I was making some high performance flavor coils (some great results) :D (musta made 1000's of them)

then the 'subOhm' era flooded in and it all changed again - the low power eGo batteries/MVP were out
    the higher power devices flooded the market (20w and up^)
    I 'upped' my power (slightly) and 'lowered' my NIC (slightly)

:evil:
    I've never heard of flavor wicks. Lesson for today: In this picture is the mesh pad wrapped around the coil considered a flavor wick?

image.jpeg

There is a cap that goes over this thing. This is not my photo. It's from a blog on rebuilding GS Air coils by Cheechako (i think) and Puff you're mentioned there too.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I used to use the white, some preferred the "ecru". Theories were that the white was bleached, the ecru "natural" - but I always had a nagging thought that the ecru was dyed.... but don't really know in either case.

Became moot when I switched to true rebuildable toppers and rayon :)

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS

View attachment 628647

:lol::lol::lol:

I had forgotten about using that, my wife though I was mad when I came home with that and told her it was for my wicks :2cool:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    :lol::lol::lol:

I had forgotten about using that, my wife though I was mad when I came home with that and told her it was for my wicks :2cool:

...come home one night to find that your wicks have been knitted into a sweater. :facepalm:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona
    I used to use the white, some preferred the "ecru". Theories were that the white was bleached, the ecru "natural" - but I always had a nagging thought that the ecru was dyed.... but don't really know in either case.

Became moot when I switched to true rebuildable toppers and rayon :)
    Agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread