Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Everybody seems to think the sbody Macro is better quality. It may well be. But, the battery is SO hard to get out that it makes me nervous.

I'ld choose the Pico. I love my Picos. I want more colors!
Ditto.

1. also like the positive end of the battery is pointing away from you most mods if the battery vents tge gasses will be sprayed in your face.

2. More pocket friendly

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Everybody seems to think the sbody Macro is better quality. It may well be. But, the battery is SO hard to get out that it makes me nervous.

I'ld choose the Pico. I love my Picos. I want more colors!
Wow. Everyone is up early. I have insomnia so not unusual for me to be up most of the night.

Thanks Everybody. That battery IS hard to get out of the sbody. I think when I start using it I will charge the bat through the USB port.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Ok I want opinions. I plan on buying one more mod for the stash. Either a pico or a sbody macro. I already have one of each. Similar sizes, they both take 18650 bats, both are about the same price right now. I like them both equally.

Which would you choose?

I don't own an sbody macro,I did purchase a pico last week and have been using it since the purchase,it works well.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
@Bea-FL Pico.

The DNA40 board is great, but it's also very dated and cannot be updated. The Pico board is good, and, through the magic of firmware updates, is getting better. Also, 40 watts vs. 75 watts... give yourself some headroom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
:eek: I turned 5 today on ECF.

Generic-give-vape-a-chance-2.jpg
Brilliant - well done :thumbs:

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I was really liking my Vika Fantasy clone but the centre pin, which had a habit of dropping out, has disappeared into thin air - can't find it anywhere this time :cry:

Oh no! That sounds like the type of part, that would be hard to replace?

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Oh no! That sounds like the type of part, that would be hard to replace?
Unfortunately I think you may be right, unless I can "borrow" one from something else I've got. I'll have to have a look through everything that's stashed away.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Ditto.

1. also like the positive end of the battery is pointing away from you most mods if the battery vents tge gasses will be sprayed in your face.

2. More pocket friendly

Pico also points the positive end away...

Which is more comfortable in YOUR hand?
And do you want anything other than pink? ;)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Unfortunately I think you may be right, unless I can "borrow" one from something else I've got. I'll have to have a look through everything that's stashed away.

Well if it's been a long time since you looked in your stash it might be fun. Kind of like a little Christmas for you...? Like when I cleaned out my garage last month and discovered a box full of trinkets I hadn't seen in years

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
I was really liking my Vika Fantasy clone but the centre pin, which had a habit of dropping out, has disappeared into thin air - can't find it anywhere this time :cry:
I just checked my Vika... center pin is not budging when I tried using my fingernails to move it. I think you need a new Vika.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Yes, the T3S/MT3S heads will work in a PT1, PT2, and numerous other similar bottom coil clearos. (PT1/2 heads will NOT work in the T3S/MT3S bodies. The flange at the bottom is wider on those, and won't fit down in the T3 series.)

But 2.5 is a tad high, especially since, over time, that will creep up. Maybe search out some 1.8 or 2.2?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Pico also points the positive end away...

Which is more comfortable in YOUR hand?
And do you want anything other than pink? ;)
Exactly. If a battery vents tge gasses will be vented away from your facti. Almost all other mods will spray gasses directly in the face.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Exactly. If a battery vents tge gasses will be vented away from your facti. Almost all other mods will spray gasses directly in the face.
I think that's a little paranoid... you have a much better chance of getting trampled by a cow than having a battery vent in a regulated mod, tootling away at sub-20W. Even if the battery is pointing up and the vent holes of the mod are at the bottom, they're gases... they will go out the vent holes in the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread