Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
+ 1

I have enough stock of the FT Kayfun Lite Plus parts to last 2 vapocalypses (bases, slam caps, bell caps, chimneys, replacement/fix kits).

img_20161026_183713-jpg.634179
Same here, thanks to @Two_Bears :wub:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I'm having issues with my Eleaf Pico. I purchased it as a preorder when it first came out, maybe a year and a half ago and I use it every day. Lately though the battery won't register, the mod won't fire etc... If I unscrew the battery cap then screw it back on it will work. I've cleaned the contacts on both the mod and the batteries I use. Any ideas?

What battery are you using?
Brand, any numbers/letters.
How many charge cycles has it been through?

I'm having issues with my pico too. Everything will be fine then I go to add juice and suddenly it doesn't work. I'm totally perplexed!

What delivery device are you using?
What mode? w/tc
Are you filling tank without removing it from Pico?
Are the 510 connection points & threads on both pico & delivery device dry, clean & shiny?

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California

What mode? w/tc
Are the 510 connection points & threads on both pico & delivery device dry, clean & shiny?

Using an ego one v2. Both are less than a month old(the pico is days old), so everything looks clean and shiny. Yes, I remove the tank before filling (should I not?)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC

What mode? w/tc
LGDBHE418650's and Tootsie Rolls. Neither of these have over 25 cycles on them. I have probably 10 batteries that I rotate in and out of this mod.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Same here, thanks to @Two_Bears :wub:

Spending time in the FT threads/community you can see all the cool combinations of stuff that can be put together. That is where I picked up the KF combos I have, but there are folks that do some pretty spectacular stuff with all the bits and bobs avail on FT.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Using an ego one v2. Both are less than a month old(the pico is days old), so everything looks clean and shiny. Yes, I remove the tank before filling (should I not?)

Removing is mow betta because you can check the connection points for liquid or debris & keep it all clean & just in case you spill it doesn't get on the power device.
Every now & then - qtip saturated in rubbing alcohol thoroughly scrub the 510 connection holding the pico upside down to prevent excess from entering body , dry thoroughly with paper towel/napkin.

Sometimes the head comes lose from the base when removing the tank, can cause seeping and or connectivity problems.
Is the spring loaded positive pin in the Pico springy?
Over tightening the tank to pico can cause the pin on delivery device to get pushed up or the pin on the pico to get stuck down.
Just tight enough to prevent wobbling, try tightening / loosening to find best connection.
Some 510's are a little deeper than others / some 'tanks' have a longer or shorter 510.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Removing is mow betta because you can check the connection points for liquid or debris & keep it all clean & just in case you spill it doesn't get on the power device.
Every now & then - qtip saturated in rubbing alcohol thoroughly scrub the 510 connection holding the pico upside down to prevent excess from entering body , dry thoroughly with paper towel/napkin.

Sometimes the head comes lose from the base when removing the tank, can cause seeping and or connectivity problems.
Is the spring loaded positive pin in the Pico springy?
Over tightening the tank to pico can cause the pin on delivery device to get pushed up or the pin on the pico to get stuck down.
Just tight enough to prevent wobbling, try tightening / loosening to find best connection.
Some 510's are a little deeper than others / some 'tanks' have a longer or shorter 510.

That is very helpful, thank you!

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I'm having issues with my Eleaf Pico. I purchased it as a preorder when it first came out, maybe a year and a half ago and I use it every day. Lately though the battery won't register, the mod won't fire etc... If I unscrew the battery cap then screw it back on it will work. I've cleaned the contacts on both the mod and the batteries I use. Any ideas?

I'm having issues with my pico too. Everything will be fine then I go to add juice and suddenly it doesn't work. I'm totally perplexed!

Hmmm...I've had my Pico for just a lil over a month and so far so good,I'm hoping this isn't a sign of things to come.I hope you two get things sorted.
Other than checking and cleaning the contact points as has been mentioned I can't think of anything else.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
LGDBHE418650's and Tootsie Rolls. Neither of these have over 25 cycles on them. I have probably 10 batteries that I rotate in and out of this mod.

Added button top or flat top?
I didn't know tootsie roll made batteries, just candy.
I had to ask which cells you're using, you wouldn't believe how many stuff a Lgmj1 or other low amp cell in then wonder why stuff don't work right.

1.5 years is fairly good life span from an inexpensive device.
Are you using it in a TC mode?
If you don't answer the 'new coil?' question it wont fire. Well, unless you reset it by removing the battery or interrupting contact by removing the battery cap.
I've heard but don't know it as fact that the first run Picos had some slight issues that were corrected via softwre updates.

Reactions: ChelsB

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Added button top or flat top?
I didn't know tootsie roll made batteries, just candy.
I had to ask which cells you're using, you wouldn't believe how many stuff a Lgmj1 or other low amp cell in then wonder why stuff don't work right.

1.5 years is fairly good life span from an inexpensive device.
Are you using it in a TC mode?
If you don't answer the 'new coil?' question it wont fire. Well, unless you reset it by removing the battery or interrupting contact by removing the battery cap.
I've heard but don't know it as fact that the first run Picos had some slight issues that were corrected via softwre updates.
Flat tops. I only use button tops in my Provaris. :) And by tootsie rolls, I meant the chocolate brown LG's. And all the times it's happened I've been using it in power mode. I don't seem to have that problem while using it in TC mode. The batteries all came from refutable companies as I generally buy my batteries from sources that are recommended here like illum.com among others. And since it's a daily use mod for me, I was thinking that it's probably just wearing out. I've never updated it and this is the first time I've ever had problems with it. It's been rock solid.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have 320 grit sandpaper. I like to keep my battery contacts and kick contacts shiny(when I used kicks). With a pencil that has a eraser, its a bit big to fit in the 510 so you sand or cut some of the side of the eraser away. I cut little squares of 320 sandpaper, enough to fit inside the 510 connection then you can spin the pencil eraser and it may take a few pieces but you can shine the contact of your hitter. I now have a pair of hobby flat tipped pliers that you can also use with a piece of sandpaper folded to sand the contact. Keeping the contact points clean and shiny especially in a mech is critical to its performance.
Just for the sake of posting and then getting flamed I have been using a magnet on top flatop battery in my provari for a couple years now and as long as the magnet is centered I've had no problems. I bought lots of flat top batts from coops in here without thinking ahead enough that my provari button tops will die one day.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Flat tops. I only use button tops in my Provaris. :) And by tootsie rolls, I meant the chocolate brown LG's. And all the times it's happened I've been using it in power mode. I don't seem to have that problem while using it in TC mode. The batteries all came from refutable companies as I generally buy my batteries from sources that are recommended here like illum.com among others. And since it's a daily use mod for me, I was thinking that it's probably just wearing out. I've never updated it and this is the first time I've ever had problems with it. It's been rock solid.
Lynn that is the LG HG2. I use the same batteries. Great batteries. Sounds like the battery is not making contact.shake anything out of the Pico snd use an eraser on both ends of the battery and see if that helps.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

I knew what ya meant by tootsie rolls, I was just funun.

I have a Pico I bought about 3 months after they came out that I use occasionally, it has survived about 21 days in total of my everyday use and still functions like new.
That says a lot about its durability.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

I have a Pico I bought about 3 months after they came out that I use occasionally, it has survived about 21 days in total of my everyday use and still functions like new.
I got two Pico's about 2 weeks after introduction use it every single day still works fantastic

The other is in my stash

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC

:) Thought so! I'll keep on using this one until it dies!! I may borrow a laptop though and update it although what is the advantage of updating?

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I got two Pico's about 2 weeks after introduction use it every single day still works fantastic

The other is in my stash
I hate to admit this but I have 3 others besides this one plus a Pico Mega that I won. I haven't used the other 3 yet other than making sure that they worked when I got them. I love this little mod. Cheap(LOL), small and works in power and TC. What more could I ask for?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I just had a Pico go 'bonkers' on me
it was the wifes and she probably dropped it 5-10 times a day for 7-8 months, so I just wrote it off as that
it was an early model, but not the first out versions...

never upgraded the firmware until it started acting up, then when I did, it didn't help none
and it is polished, clean, spiffy with quality batteries...

- - - - -

don't think we'll have to worry about 'trouble makers' anymore
upload_2017-2-15_13-24-31.png
:rolleyes: :facepalm: :rolleyes: :facepalm:

and Lynn, stop talkin about me behind my back... :lol::lol:

Users who are viewing this thread