Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Close off, tightly, all air intakes. Draw gently. Feel resistance? Air tight when the intakes are closed. When they are open, well, the juice prevents ingress of air, otherwise spill city. Still get some air through it with the intakes blocked? Spill/leaks imminent.

Hard vacuum? No way. But sufficient negative pressure to keep 'em from draining out. Put that hole in the top cap and, as you say, draining is on the way. juice level low and you lay it down on its side, air may (may, not always) get in and produce leaking.

Calling it vacuum is just easier than saying "negative pressure differential" or "partial vacuum" or..... but if the pressure inside the tank isn't lower than external atmospheric pressure, you will get leaks. (And why rapid rise in altitude often causes leaks - the differential goes away.)

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Some vapers misunderstand when told they need better vacuum to stop the leaking...

h5hoatP.jpg

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Close off, tightly, all air intakes. Draw gently. Feel resistance? Air tight when the intakes are closed. When they are open, well, the juice prevents ingress of air, otherwise spill city. Still get some air through it with the intakes blocked? Spill/leaks imminent.

Hard vacuum? No way. But sufficient negative pressure to keep 'em from draining out. Put that hole in the top cap and, as you say, draining is on the way. Juice level low and you lay it down on its side, air may (may, not always) get in and produce leaking.

Calling it vacuum is just easier than saying "negative pressure differential" or "partial vacuum" or..... but if the pressure inside the tank isn't lower than external atmospheric pressure, you will get leaks. (And why rapid rise in altitude often causes leaks - the differential goes away.)
So you're talking like a gerbil water bottle?

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
D'Ock..... so the air pressure is negative above the level of the liquid? Is that negative equal to low? Lower pressure inside than outside (of the tank?)? :?:??

I love all this science geeky stuff!!!

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
You people are TERRIBLE. What I meant was that sometimes my wick (KAYFUN wick!) lifts off the base, and I need to push it back down properly. I don't know why it does that, but I can taste when it's happening.

So, yes. Sometimes, when my wick is sticking up, I have to play with it.

:blink:

I'm appalled that anyone would have "ever" thought "I" would be talking about "anything" other than "that"! :lol:
Suuuuuuuuuuuuure you did ;):p:w00t::shock:
Sounds like you need a larger wick.
And you just had to keep it up, didnt you?

Both of you deserve some
image.gif

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
There are times I have to fiddle with my wick too.

You people are TERRIBLE. What I meant was that sometimes my wick (KAYFUN wick!) lifts off the base, and I need to push it back down properly. I don't know why it does that, but I can taste when it's happening.

I'm appalled that anyone would have "ever" thought "I" would be talking about "anything" other than "that"! :lol:

Sounds like you need a larger wick.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I, er, um, ehhhh, well, uh.....

And DP, how might one's Kayfun Wick lift off the base?

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
One perfectly scratched KF deck if you can name them all in 17 seconds.

Your time...... starts........ NOW! :D

Sowwy, Shawn, but that took you FAR longer than 17 seconds. ;)
(But well done, my dearie, well done!)

You can make the frosted tank clear if you wish.

Should be titled "How to burn your house down"

LOL!!!!!!! TD, if you could HEAR me laughing! I can not even IMAGINE!!!!! Thanks for the giggles, tho!

@Uncle ... saw this this morning and for some reason, I thought of you... can't put my finger on it...

c176b0ebf49b265beb9569368ca5a28c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

"Ok". "THAT" was just "PERFECT"!!!

I'm so glad you are taking this on! I'm ok with taking the pics, but I'm not literate in getting the pics onto the computer :( Think I need to learn how to do this, it's past time to rev up my brain cells. :lol:

Thank you for the thoughts, miss. I hope you can start getting pics up one of these days! Feel free to PM me if you'd like some ideas on that.

Thanks. @oplholik posted the photos and @DancingHeretik already has her little Kayfun assembled and seems ready to rock.

Do you mean DancingKATDARLING??

Darling-Kat_zps7008bbd1_1.GIF

Uh, no. ANY KF can be top filled. Use a thumb to block the air intake(s), remove top. Fill to about 1/2 way up the top tank threads. Start the top on so a thread or two "catches." Invert, finish tightening the cap, release the blocked intakes. Turn right side up, draw a couple times to re-establish the vacuum. Done.

That's how I fill my older 3.1s, although I do use the bottom fill screw on the rest, as I find it simple and quick :)

My top fill method as well. The KFill tool scares me. :blink:

There are times I have to fiddle with my wick too.

:facepalm:

Appalled. Uh huh. :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Hey! It was 17 seconds from the time I read it...

And, yes, I am subscribed to all of 'em... and about 200 more... must be a masochist...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Here's another, "I don't quite follow": If the top of a KFL is threaded onto the tank and only seals to the chimney with an o-ring... why can't you unscrew the top to fill it? Like this style: $9.30 Kayfun Lite Pawns Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (2.5ml) - stainless steel + PC / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

They can, using the procedure I outlined earlier. (I don't like the little check valve filler on the 3.1 KFs, so use if for them.)

DO remember, if any significant amount of juice still in the tank, to block the intake before taking the top off, or what's still there will probably be on your hands.

D'Ock..... so the air pressure is negative above the level of the liquid? Is that negative equal to low? Lower pressure inside than outside (of the tank?)? :?:??

Yes, that's essentially it. Vacuum (partial), or negative pressure, or pressure lower than atmospheric. The negative is in relation to the pressure outside the tank. ANYthing that lets the inside pressure come up to the outside pressure will result in leaks. Think bad O-ring, the first thing to check if a KF is leaky.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

LOL!!!!!!! TD, if you could HEAR me laughing! I can not even IMAGINE!!!!! Thanks for the giggles, tho!

"Ok". "THAT" was just "PERFECT"!!!

Thank you for the thoughts, miss. I hope you can start getting pics up one of these days! Feel free to PM me if you'd like some ideas on that.

Do you mean DancingKATDARLING??

View attachment 636925

My top fill method as well. The KFill tool scares me. :blink:

:facepalm:

Appalled. Uh huh. :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol: :facepalm: :lol:
Yes that is what i mean sorry about that

Users who are viewing this thread