Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Totally agree, without nic. we're blowing vapors. I usually order from Nicotine River, they're nice people and if needed, I can drive up and pick up the order
I just received the Vika and the cleito mini. The Vika gets a big like, cleito not so much. I also received today the Wraith squonk mod, I bypassed the rda that it came with and used the SXK BF-99 instead. A very good vape at 13.5w/365 degF with a 1.2 ohm SS coil.
Love my Vika.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Love my Vika.
I must say, the Vika is really nice with the stock coil, now I have to dig out the Triton mini clapton coils and the VVTF Nautilus rba. The Origen 19/22 clone from FT is also a nice, flavorful rta in spite of it looking like a mini Sputnik.

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I grabbed the new Nautilus 2 pre-order on FT. First clearo I've actually been excited about in a very long time. The T18 was too airy for my uber-tight preference.
Oh my.... If the Prism T18 is even too airy for you....wow!!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm happy to report, despite rumors I've heard, today I was able to order a liter of 100 mg nic, with no special shipping.
I am aware that this will not always be the case and am stocking up accordingly. But I just wanted to share that it's still available, despite what's going around [emoji4]
There are some professional liars lurking around the forum who like to scare people. Restricted access to products is a real possibility. It's prudent for life long vapers to do some stocking and pay attention to government actions but so far products seem to be available about the same as always.

Recently I asked the RTS vape chemist (ask the chemist) why nicotine in tobacco leaf seems to be so durable while extracted nic in liquid concentrate form is characterized as very fragile and requiring so many precautions for storage. (I've smoked 10 year old cigars that were fine after the correct humidity was restored.) He didn't have an authoritative answer. My nic is staying in amber bottles in the freezer but is nic concentrate really so fragile? When I asked my question at least one person commented that he had nic in a dark cool place, not a freezer, that seemed to be fine after years. His observation would be consistant with my experience with old tobacco leaf. My point is amber glass and the freezer has to be preferred but may be it's prudent to stock some nic even if it can't go in a freezer.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
:)

Datsun B210 here.

normal_Barbera_001.JPG
I couldn't even afford the B.
Just a 210 Datsun.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I noticed how you found ECF at the perfect time and jumped right in to secure a tobacco free future for yourself.

Congrats

The FDA regs are going to go through eventually ... BT will not be denied.

Vaping will become cigalikes and nicotine salt pods FDA approved for BT.

Watch for the hammer to drop on 100mg nicotine base next.

Sent via iPhone
It's not BT. BT is locked in a win-win. They don't care. If the FDA wins out, they have combustibles, and have the only approvable products. If the FDA loses, they have invested millions in vaping, and still supply the vaping community with nic.

That's not to say BT is our friend, but they have, when it suits, fought on our side.

The lobbying for the overreaching regs is coming from big gov't, big pharma, and the medical machine.

Follow the $$$

BT wins regardless...

BP loses money on loss of sales of NRTs.

BG loses money on excise taxes.

The medical machine loses money on tobacco related illness.

This is why England is looking to be pro vaping... there, the gov't loses money when someone gets sick (socialized med). Here, everyone (except the afflicted) makes money when someone gets sick (privatized med). There's no money, in the US, in keeping people healthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It's not BT. BT is locked in a win-win. They don't care. If the FDA wins out, they have combustibles, and have the only approvable products. If the FDA loses, they have invested millions in vaping, and still supply the vaping community with nic.

That's not to say BT is our friend, but they have, when it suits, fought on our side.

The lobbying for the overreaching regs is coming from big gov't, big pharma, and the medical machine.

Follow the $$$

BT wins regardless...

BP loses money on loss of sales of NRTs.

BG loses money on excise taxes.

The medical machine loses money on tobacco related illness.

This is why England is looking to be pro vaping... there, the gov't loses money when someone gets sick (socialized med). Here, everyone (except the afflicted) makes money when someone gets sick (privatized med). There's no money, in the US, in keeping people healthy.

My impression is the businesses with a stake in this are not calling for the harsh restrictions, it's tax supported institutions doing all the whining. Most tobacco revenues,, more than half, end up as taxes. The people who benefit know who they are and of course they will put their paycheck ahead of anybody's health. If there were no excise taxes on tobacco everybody would love ecigs and the inventor would get the Nobel prize in medicine. Ecigs expose corruption in publicc health, public education, and science, not to mention governments at all levels.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City

One more - the "charities" like the American Lung Association that need to pay their administrators.

Ironic that it took smokers finding a way to get healthy to truly expose the network of self serving greed that keeps many from simply staying healthy.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Against that though, I'm not sure if the UK government really want us living healthier and therefore longer lives as that is going to cost them an enormous amount in state pensions (though my pensionable age has already risen from 60 to 65 to 66 so they're putting off paying them for longer).

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Against that though, I'm not sure if the UK government really want us living healthier and therefore longer lives as that is going to cost them an enormous amount in state pensions (though my pensionable age has already risen from 60 to 65 to 66 so they're putting off paying them for longer).
Very true !

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
According to this article, the meds needed for cancer care can, well, they're very high... $30,000 per month... not including, I believe, staffing, etc... just meds...

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...-worry-about-rising-costs-of-cancer-treatment

How many pensioners per month would $30,000 pay?

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
According to this article, the meds needed for cancer care can, well, they're very high... $30,000 per month... not including, I believe, staffing, etc... just meds...

http://health.usnews.com/health-new...-worry-about-rising-costs-of-cancer-treatment

How many pensioners per month would $30,000 pay?

Having done some currency conversions and a bit of maths (which I'm not very good at), I've come up with roughly 51 pensioners. I couldn't agree more that it's all about "follow the money" wherever you are.

Users who are viewing this thread