Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
People really don't want to get on my wrong side. No one has done it for about 40 years.

I have
.380 semi automatic pistol

Full sized katana folded 12 times and Sharp enough to cut bamboo like nothing

Received the title Master in 8 Asian disciplines

Purple belts in Ate Waza, Aikido, and Jiu Jitsu.

Black belt in Tae Kwan Do.

I know how to kill a person in less than 1/2 a second, and ,50 ways to inflict so much pain you would wish you were dead.

Yes i have accupuncture needles and use about 60 accupuncture points on myself.

Tsang my Qigong master taught me taoist meditation, three forms of Qigong, and accupuncture.
Those poor mechs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
@Two_Bears Does that mean that you spend your mornings contemplating your navel?? ;)
Actually thats for beginners. Ive been practicing zen almost 52 years.

I practice a technique from the Soto school of Zen called Shikantaza ( i think that is how its spelled)

Reactions: sorrynomore

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thats the problem they never did teach.

Joe Six Pack went in and said "I want a .1 ohm coil" and the ..... in the vape said "OK HERE YOU GO!"
And I can't be the only person wondering how there always seems to be a camera running when these things go boom.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, by nature, but this one tilts my head.

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
And I can't be the only person wondering how there always seems to be a camera running when these things go boom.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, by nature, but this one tilts my head.

Hold my drink and watch this!

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I have a healthy fear of using mech devices inappropriately, even though I use them with 1.8+ ohm coils. A little common sense and higher resistances makes it comfortable for me, and that smooth power from some great devices is satisfying.

One of the best safety tips I read here and use is simple:

After putting in a fresh battery, test fire your setup a couple times holding it it at arms length, before vaping.

For the last test fire, I bring it closer to my head , about a foot away, so I can hear the familiar crackle of the coil.

If anything seems off, it's not close to your face. If the mod remains cool and the coil is crackling and producing vapor, it's all good.

It took a while to get in that habit, but now it's automatic.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
I have a healthy fear of using mech devices inappropriately, even though I use them with 1.8+ ohm coils. A little common sense and higher resistances makes it comfortable for me, and that smooth power from some great devices is satisfying.

One of the best safety tips I read here and use is simple:

After putting in a fresh battery, test fire your setup a couple times holding it it at arms length, before vaping.

For the last test fire, I bring it closer to my head , about a foot away, so I can hear the familiar crackle of the coil.

If anything seems off, it's not close to your face. If the mod remains cool and the coil is crackling and producing vapor, it's all good.

It took a while to get in that habit, but now it's automatic.

I do that with regulated. The first push of the button is never a vape

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
But-but the law (FDA) says they can't. ;)

add:
Let's face it, the laws are being written to specifically promote tamper proof pod systems.
Gotta protect us from ourselves and all that ;)

In some ways, I've thought exactly the same from the first appearance of the podmods.

As far as I know, the vape shops certainly CAN teach safety. They can't physically build a coil for a customer, but they absolutely can speak, and teach. Then again, that presupposes that the employees actually know the info...

Last edited:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
And I'm the one who had a regulated mod(Coppervape) with a factory built coil that tested fine in the Wanko on an ohms meter almost go thermonuclear on me after the first press of the firing button. I did have the common sense to recognize that the mod nor the battery should be getting hot so I removed the battery and didn't replace it until I had inspected the atty and the coil. That was a learning lesson to me that if electronics aren't involved to check and double check even if it's a regulated mod. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
that presupposes that the employees actually know the info...

Not in the mere two shops I've visited in five years. They can blow 'dem some clouds though, yes they can.

Heck - in ONE of the two, one guy was smoking a cig!!! :lol:

It stunk too. :shock:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
And I'm the one who had a regulated mod(Coppervape) with a factory built coil that tested fine in the Wanko on an ohms meter almost go thermonuclear on me after the first press of the firing button. I did have the common sense to recognize that the mod nor the battery should be getting hot so I removed the battery and didn't replace it until I had inspected the atty and the coil. That was a learning lesson to me that if electronics aren't involved to check and double check even if it's a regulated mod. :)
So did the battery look funky? Was something wrong with the coil? Please explain because I've never had that experience and, while I hope I never do, this is good education.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
So did the battery look funky? Was something wrong with the coil? Please explain because I've never had that experience and, while I hope I never do, this is good education.
Battery was one I normally use. Coil looked like it was supposed to. The only thing I can think of that happened was when I unscrewed it from the mini coil tab it loosened the center pin just a bit to make it lose connection.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
A regulated Coppervape? Which one, I'd like to stay away from it. I have a couple of squonk mech. Coppervape mods but I never bought any other mod by them.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Battery was one I normally use. Coil looked like it was supposed to. The only thing I can think of that happened was when I unscrewed it from the mini coil tab it loosened the center pin just a bit to make it lose connection.
Lynn thank you for explaining.

Reactions: Katdarling

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
That sounds reasonable, Lynn. Did you continue to use the Coppervape, and (if so) did you ever have another bad experience with it?

A regulated Coppervape? Which one, I'd like to stay away from it. I have a couple of squonk mech. Coppervape mods but I never bought any other mod by them.
I took the atty off, got the bf pin I had put in screwed out, then put the whole thing back together, reinserted the coil, put it back on the tab, fired it, then fired it on my Pico to make absolutely sure that it was right and I could see it. Back on the CV, fresh battery and has worked like a champ since. Only the atty gets warm now. Battery and mod stay cool.

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
I took the atty off, got the bf pin I had put in screwed out, then put the whole thing back together, reinserted the coil, put it back on the tab, fired it, then fired it on my Pico to make absolutely sure that it was right and I could see it. Back on the CV, fresh battery and has worked like a champ since. Only the atty gets warm now. Battery and mod stay cool.
So then, if it was a Coppervape and the Wanco from several pages ago, that was a squonk mod and unregulated, not a regulated mod.
Please understand me, I'm not being judgemental or a smarty pants, I'm trying to understand. I have several mech. mods but I never build below 0.4 ohms for them even though I know I could do it. I have my tanks at 0.18 ohms on my regulated mods and I know they (the mods) will fire as low as 0.007 ohms.

Last edited:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
So then, if it was a Coppervape and the Wanco from several pages ago, that was a squonk mod and unregulated, not a regulated mod.
Please understand me, I'm not being judgemental or a smarty pants, I'm trying to understand. I have several mech. mods but I never build below 0.4 ohms for them even though I know I could do it. I have my tanks at 0.18 ohms on my regulated mods and I know they (the mods) will fire as low as 0.007 ohms.
Yes it was a squonk mod but I was under the impression that it was regulated?

Users who are viewing this thread