Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Egg zackly. And just why do lawn mowers have stickers on them to not pick them up while running?? IF common sense was, well, common, wouldn't everyone know that spinning steel blades are harmful to fingers??

(And not just the risk to innocent bystanders of a battery failure, but the bad press it gives the whole industry... Nope, doesn't matter that phones and laptops also go up in smoke, it's vaping batteries that are a problem... :facepalm: )
My favorite is the label on a curling iron "not for use on eyelashes"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I once saw a horse buck a man off on a televised rodeo program. I hate horses.

I once saw a car wreck. I hate cars.

I saw an egg explode and cover a man's face in 3 pounds of something that looked like pig intestines which then impregnated him. I hate eggs.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Puffers of toodles....

I'm looking for a bottom airflow RDA. I haven't bought a new toy for awhile. Looking for something with:

Bottom airflow
Single coil option
Good flavor
Adjustable airflow
22 or 24 mm diameter (if it's 24 mm, it's gotta have a protruding 510 pin, cause the only 24mm mod I have is a Rouge, and it's "hybrid")

Preferably with two posts, but that's not a deal breaker. Similar to a Magma maybe?

Any ideas?

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
I just got my Rcomen Pico-S today. First impressions/fiddling definitely not wowed by the construction. Overall appearance is pleasing.

Top fill ring and holes are nice, but no seal or gasket.

Super glad it came with a clear tank besides the piss yellow one. Hideous drip tip is standard 510, and also piss yellow with a tapered stainless insertion tip. Probably have to be careful with tip choices because the chimney o-ring seals to it... seems like a poor idea.

Tank to base thread engagement seems a bit "short". It should hold together, but I could see it coming apart if you knocked it hard.

Plastic chimney?? Chimney cap held onto chimney barrel by o-ring friction?? Chimney barrel threads to base and holds build deck into base??

The CLR adaptor is nice, but the chimney cap for it threads onto the CLR too far. Seems like it's going to choke the wick off. It definitely threads noticeably further down than the CLR's own cap that is removed to use it.

That o-ring seal between chimney and drip tip is hokey. Pretty sure if you turn it upside down without the drip tip, you're going to be cleaning up a spill.

The great thing about the Pico-S is the ability to build your own coil like a regular RTA or toss in a CLR coil... and/or rebuild that. Extra options are a good thing.

Also, it seems one of the original Pico issues has been addressed (hard to believe there's a worse version of this)... lower wick holes in chimney.

Personal preference, the draw is much too airy and will be a PIA for me to keep it in a "dialed down" sweet spot unless I plug the two holes on one side. Even then, I'm not so sure I would want to deal with it. I've come to love the screw-adjust air flow of the Vika and KFL+ bases... dial it in and done. No rings that constantly get moved and have to be readjusted.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend the Pico-S unless you want it for the coil flexibility and don't mind an airy MTL to tight DL draw.

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Puffers of toodles....
I'm looking for a bottom airflow RDA. I haven't bought a new toy for awhile. Looking for something with:
Bottom airflow
Single coil option
Good flavor
Adjustable airflow
22 or 24 mm diameter (if it's 24 mm, it's gotta have a protruding 510 pin, cause the only 24mm mod I have is a Rouge, and it's "hybrid")
Preferably with two posts, but that's not a deal breaker. Similar to a Magma maybe?

Any ideas?

I just got an Eleaf Lemo Drip (eleafs first dripper)
it has MONSTER air flow - very cool design, quality built - have a look...
upload_2017-2-27_23-41-50.png

I'm running a single coil BETWEEN the posts (diagonal) not into dual coils...

- Eleaf Lemo Drip RDA

:evil:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Puffers of toodles....

Bottom airflow
Single coil option
Good flavor
Adjustable airflow

Any ideas?
Tsunami. Available in either 22 or 24, and can be built as a single coil with single air, or as a transverse single with dual air.

My current fave is kinda side, kinda under, definitely single coil... The Wanko...

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Tsunami. Available in either 22 or 24, and can be built as a single coil with single air, or as a transverse single with dual air.

My current fave is kinda side, kinda under, definitely single coil... The Wanko...

Vapor beast has the Wanko for 9.99 and 2.50 shipping.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I just got an Eleaf Lemo Drip (eleafs first dripper)
it has MONSTER air flow - very cool design, quality built - have a look...
View attachment 638061

I'm running a single coil BETWEEN the posts (diagonal) not into dual coils...

- Eleaf Lemo Drip RDA

:evil:

Thanks guys! Can't pass up the lemo, for that price.

I have the Tsunami. It doesn't like any of my smaller builds. It does like being on my noisey cricket though.

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
*gasp* Finally caught up! So the conclusion on mechs is that some people are comfortable using them and others aren't. I don't know if I am or not cause I've never tried one. But I do know I am too lazy to study about them and my butterfly brain doesn't really allow for safety either...

I don't really care about hard hitting mods. I found the subtank mini and since then I haven't felt the need to look further. I use a vtc mini, a pico and a subox and they work to my satisfaction. I am off the ryo's for three and a half years and that's what counts ;)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I have a handful of mechs in my stash. Some Nemmy clones and a couple of others. For my batteries and comfort level, I'm cool with a 1.2-ish ohm build whenever I use a mech. I'm supremely .... about making sure that the fire button is locked or has no way to fire when I set it down. It's kind of nice as a change of vape. :)

I was "terrified" of mechs at first. But, about a year into my vape journey, I thought I'd give one a whirl. Again, the device merely fires the coil which vaporizes the juice. As with anything, a little bit of caution goes a long way.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I have a handful of mechs in my stash. Some Nemmy clones and a couple of others. For my batteries and comfort level, I'm cool with a 1.2-ish ohm build whenever I use a mech. I'm supremely .... about making sure that the fire button is locked or has no way to fire when I set it down. It's kind of nice as a change of vape. :)

I was "terrified" of mechs at first. But, about a year into my vape journey, I thought I'd give one a whirl. Again, the device merely fires the coil which vaporizes the juice. As with anything, a little bit of caution goes a long way.

I'm not "afraid" of mechs. Just have to treat them with respect and not go all "0.04 ohm watch this, bro" with it. however, I hate the performance decline as voltage drops as the battery drains. I like my regulated, steady vape (I also really like TC). My compromise is a bunch of kicks in my stash. Not perfect, but better than nothing. No dispute with anyone who doesn't find that behavior a concern and will happily trade out the battery if performance falls off. It's just me being picky.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I'm not "afraid" of mechs. Just have to treat them with respect and not go all "0.04 ohm watch this, bro" with it. however, I hate the performance decline as voltage drops as the battery drains. I like my regulated, steady vape (I also really like TC). My compromise is a bunch of kicks in my stash. Not perfect, but better than nothing. No dispute with anyone who doesn't find that behavior a concern and will happily trade out the battery if performance falls off. It's just me being picky.

Yup.... 'ere, Hold Mah Beer and Watch THIS!

I was also the one who swore up and down about that same time that I'd *NEVER* sub-ohm :lol: :lol: :lol:

A little edu-ma-cation, and I'm a happy vaper!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yup.... 'ere, Hold Mah Beer and Watch THIS!

I was also the one who swore up and down about that same time that I'd *NEVER* sub-ohm :lol: :lol: :lol:

A little edu-ma-cation, and I'm a happy vaper!

Yeah, me too. Who needs all that power and cloud? That's crazy stuff. As I sit here vaping a 0.25 ohm dual Clapton. :facepalm:

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Yeah, me too. Who needs all that power and cloud? That's crazy stuff. As I sit here vaping a 0.25 ohm dual Clapton. :facepalm:
Funny you should say that. I'm vaping my modest 0.18 ohm dual fused clapton while trying to catch up with the posts.

Users who are viewing this thread