Tootle Puffers, Part Three! (The Sequel of the Redux)

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I tootle puff with a STM (AFC almost closed) using a 1.8 ohm coil. Last week I received a few spare rba's that I had ordered from FT and decided, on a whim, to dip my toe in to the sub ohm pool.

The STM comes pre-loaded with a .5 ohm coil and I thought, why not give it a try. Got it wicked, installed in a tank, opened wide the AFC and took a DL hit. Forgetting of course that when I switched from the PT2 to the STM I needed to reduce my nicotine % by less than half due to the increased efficiency. o_O Quickly modified my draws. :blink: The clouds were nice. The buzz was little surprising and the insomnia that night was unsettling.

OK, I tried it. Now back to my tootle. ;)

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
@englishmick - I've been to McCordsville :blink: Hope your package finds its proper home!

As in McCordsville, Indiana? With the Sisters of Savings?!?! I get so tired of hearing those commercials. Lol

I've driven through there many a times.

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
I tootle puff with a STM (AFC almost closed) using a 1.8 ohm coil. Last week I received a few spare RBA's that I had ordered from FT and decided, on a whim, to dip my toe in to the sub ohm pool.

The STM comes pre-loaded with a .5 ohm coil and I thought, why not give it a try. Got it wicked, installed in a tank, opened wide the AFC and took a DL hit. Forgetting of course that when I switched from the PT2 to the STM I needed to reduce my nicotine % by less than half due to the increased efficiency. o_O Quickly modified my draws. :blink: The clouds were nice. The buzz was little surprising and the insomnia that night was unsettling.

OK, I tried it. Now back to my tootle. ;)
That brought a smile to my face cause I almost did the exact same thing last year when I ordered mine.
I was vaping 18 mg at the time and was thinking I would load it up and vape.
Only thing that stopped me was I was reading on The ECF and someone posted about nic levels on subohm ing.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
So, looking at mechs... as long as it holds a battery, isn't a hybrid, and has a mag switch, whats the difference which one you get?
Where I prefer mag switches, I am not opposed to quality springs, either.

One of the best - and it's a little hard to find at this point - is the knurled King V2.

It's brass, has a locking ring AND a recesses switch, a standard 510 with plenty of battery rattle adjustments, extra tubes to accomodate an 18350, 18490/18500, 18650, or any of the above with a kick (IIRC... havent used it outside of 18659 mode in a long time).

If you want to stick with an authentic, but want to avoid the poor house, the Wotofo Phantom is nice. No lock ring but a stiffish recesses button, swappable 510 or hybrid tops, gold plated spring.

The Stingrays and Nemesis are nuce and readily found, but the rice pin in the switch can be a pain.

I could go on...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
As in McCordsville, Indiana? With the Sisters of Savings?!?! I get so tired of hearing those commercials. Lol

I've driven through there many a times.

Grew up in Indy and my brother lived near there. Passed through that way often :blink:. Guess I missed the "Sisters" :lol:

Plettschner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
CT
Where I prefer mag switches, I am not opposed to quality springs, either.

One of the best - and it's a little hard to find at this point - is the knurled King V2.

It's brass, has a locking ring AND a recesses switch, a standard 510 with plenty of battery rattle adjustments, extra tubes to accomodate an 18350, 18490/18500, 18650, or any of the above with a kick (IIRC... havent used it outside of 18659 mode in a long time).

If you want to stick with an authentic, but want to avoid the poor house, the Wotofo Phantom is nice. No lock ring but a stiffish recesses button, swappable 510 or hybrid tops, gold plated spring.

The Stingrays and Nemesis are nuce and readily found, but the rice pin in the switch can be a pain.

I could go on...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

If it came down to it, I would solder some wires, a switch, and a 510 connector to an 18650 battery holder.

I could probably turn a non-op electronic mod into a mech just as easily. Anyone got a toasted mod hanging around?

Sent from Uranus using Tapatalk

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
If it came down to it, I would solder some wires, a switch, and a 510 connector to an 18650 battery holder.

I could probably turn a non-op electronic mod into a mech just as easily. Anyone got a toasted mod hanging around?

I had some that USED to work. I took them apart to try and make a dual 18350 mod (I was bored)....

Needless to say, my soldering skills need a little work before I try it again.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Size is the big difference between different mechanicals.
    The pic is of two Hcigar Caravelas & one Nzonic. Note that all three are the same length .... only .... the Nzonic has a 18490 in it while the Caravelas have 18650s.

P1000870_zps8y6icxne.jpg

My Mako is also the same length, only it runs on a 14500 battery.

Last edited:

Plettschner

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 2, 2013
    CT
    Ok, so I want a mech with mag button, button lock, not a hybrid, standard 510 connector, 18650 battery, compact, inconspicuous, reliable, and inexpensive.

Multiple battery options would be nice, room for a fuse or Kick not necessary, dull finish or black desired.

Anything else I should want in it?

Krisma

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2014
    Australia
    sort of vape mail today

I use butane torches for my resin plus torching coils and mesh. They are not very robust and the couple I had cost me a bomb from the local hardware store. When I finally resined the ingition button in the permanent off postition i started researching again. I found this one at fasttech and thought what the heck I will see what it works like. I had low expectations and was extremely surprised at the quality of it. It is a beast. easy to fire, solid in the hand (is made of plastic but same sort of feel as anodised aluminium wide range of settings, stands firmly without rocking and best of all cheap.

$13.41 HONEST Extra Large Butane Jet Workshop Torch - black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

image.jpeg

motordude

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 1, 2015
    VA, USA
    I had resin on my gloves and used the torch. :oops:

then got distracted and forgot to clean it off.
    Krisma, I just wanted to say thanks for posting about the Presa 75.
    I got mine today!
    I remembered you saying how nice it was for someone hand issues, and you are so right!

Users who are viewing this thread