Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I didn't post my load out from yesterday here either because it's not tootle puffing gear.

But I will naow... :pervy: :w00t: :pervy:
APFxQir.jpg

Actually all could be configured as TP except for the Silverplay V1 (2nd on left) and the Gem on the far right is a great MTL tank.

Sounds like you got that Gem to work, TrollDragon! :thumb: I've gone through 15 tanks in mine and still haven't needed to rewick. I love this thing! :D

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
So what exactly IS Tootle Puffer 'gear'? Hate to say it, but this setup and these settings = unbridled performance, power, and flavor.

twous1g.jpg

PqkFAqC.jpg
Tootle puffers usually:

- Vape for TH and nic
- Use lower watts than 15w
- Don't cloud chase or subohm

That's what I believe it is.

Vapez

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Sounds like you got that Gem to work, TrollDragon! :thumb: I've gone through 15 tanks in mine and still haven't needed to rewick. I love this thing! :D
Three tanks through it so far, I'ma loving it! Except for the little runny nose it gets after refilling, but the old Kayfuns were the same way on a top fill.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions in the Gem thread Linda!

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Tootle puffers usually:

- Vape for TH and nic
- Use lower watts than 15w
- Don't cloud chase or subohm

That's what I believe it is.

Vapez

Yes, I think I understand that... BUT! Utilizing that theory comes with just a few flaws... as 15W and lower can equate to 3.7-4.2V at various resistances. Sub-ohming standards are also at the users discretion as well IMO. Whereas most see sub-ohming to be resistances .99 and lower, I see (and I'm not alone on this I believe) sub-ohming to be resistances below .5. Again, just my opinion. But I do see where your beliefs are and I admire those. As far as TH and nicotine is concerned - again personal preference there as well. I vape at 3-9mg (.3 - .9%) and based on the liquids I commonly vape - custards, spices, and citruses - the TH changes variably. Especially on my Key Lime DIY juice - even at a 3mg it produces a throat hit equivelant to a 9mg.

Vapez

Ultra Member
Aug 22, 2015
Norway
Yes, I think I understand that... BUT! Utilizing that theory comes with just a few flaws... as 15W and lower can equate to 3.7-4.2V at various resistances. Sub-ohming standards are also at the users discretion as well IMO. Whereas most see sub-ohming to be resistances .99 and lower, I see (and I'm not alone on this I believe) sub-ohming to be resistances below .5. Again, just my opinion. But I do see where your beliefs are and I admire those. As far as TH and nicotine is concerned - again personal preference there as well. I vape at 3-9mg (.3 - .9%) and based on the liquids I commonly vape - custards, spices, and citruses - the TH changes variably. Especially on my Key Lime DIY juice - even at a 3mg it produces a throat hit equivelant to a 9mg.
You're right. There's not really a definition on the term, but something all tootle puffers have in common, is that they're not looking for the biggest clouds or lowest resistance :)

Vapez

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Nothing wrong with a KFL+ in FMJ running under TC! :thumbs:

I keep the FMJ style Kayfun Lite+ on because first - I run lower pH juices (aka 'Tank Crackers'), plus in TC mode I don't need to keep eyeballing my liquid level to know when my tank goes dry.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
@Vapez - as far as lower resitances are concerned - with TC there's really no way around that. And with my puffer setup, clouds... on an unmodified, unaltered, and untampered KFL+ (basically means the ONLY thing that may have been changed are the insulators from delrin to PEEK) would be like me praying for it to rain M&M's. And not the plain ones either, I need peanut M&M's or Almond M&M's.

And I did modify the insulator in my KFL+ with a PEEK insulator. For the sake of sanity and safety as the delrin insulators found inside them would sometimes break down for reasons unknown. A bit of tinkering, filing, and drilling away at a piece of PEEK and I was able to slap a PEEK insulator in there. Been holding up well for quite some time.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Yum...key lime :)

juskiddin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2015
Canada
Yes, it is very tasty. Plain or mixed... key lime is good anyway you like it.
I've yet to try it but it sounds delicious! I too enjoy the fruit flavours and occasional custards. Hmm, might just have to venture into DIY'ing (in the future).

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
UPDATE: New Ni200 coil installed into KFL+ due to a burnt, acrid hit. Keep your eyes on your coils folks! Didn't change my coil for 120ml of juice, until this point. So I flushed my KFL+ out, dried it off, let the build deck area sit and air dry and hit room temp, screwed the deck back onto my PV, locked resistance, and pushed the fire button... my Ni200 coil glowed red - NO GO! So I wrapped a new coil 6 wrap - 28AWG - Ni200 coil, came out to .09 Ohms (typical for a coil of Ni200) and am vaping that now. Same settings, just new coil and new juice and we are tooting away.

I don't normally dry fire my Ni200 builds unless I've got a doubt that the coil is beginning to fail on me. If you do use Ni200 or Ti01 - make sure that if they GLOW RED HOT - DISPOSE OF THEM IMMEDIATELY AND WRAP A NEW COIL! No need to take any chances here, just be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread