Tootle Puffers, Redux (The Sequel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I just made a great build, it comes out at 1 ohm, that's high for me I thought I wouldn't like it but I do, just like I probably shouldn't like Life is Strange on PS4 but again.....I do :)

We'll make a tootle puffer out of you yet :lol:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    We'll make a tootle puffer out of you yet :lol:

I was a tootle puffer full time until I went out one day and smoked, then I went searching for bigger things and that was sort of that, never smoked again but I do still use my Kabuki tank depending on my mood..but Im a Herakles plus fan 0.4ohm 75w, yummy.
    Hey a vapor is a vapor, whether its 12w or 120w, whatever works I say.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    I'm stoked!

I've been searching for a Coolfire 4 for quite a while - local shops & online. All were out of stock.

I finally found a local B & M who are ordering one for me. It should be ready for pick up this weekend.

I've been tootling on 2 eGo ONES with PT2'S since I started vaping in July. Time to step it up a notch. Did I mention I'm excited? ?? :)

Happy Dance!!!

Awfully quiet in here lately....

Yup...I remember my first real mod (11 watt eVic that I paid $110.00 Dollars for.) with ProTank Minis then bought an Xstar charger about a week later.
    That eVic never left my hands for weeks I was so excited about it.Seems the prices have come down a fair bit since then (~2014) as now I can get it for about 30 bucks where I live.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I was a tootle puffer full time until I went out one day and smoked, then I went searching for bigger things and that was sort of that, never smoked again but I do still use my Kabuki tank depending on my mood..but Im a Herakles plus fan 0.4ohm 75w, yummy.
    Hey a vapor is a vapor, whether its 12w or 120w, whatever works I say.

I've observed that for a lot of us, that went full circle. At first we wanted more & more to finally kick the cigarettes to the curb. Then as the desire to smoke diminished, we started wanting less & less.

add:
    In the early days we increased the mg content of the liquid to get more nicotine. The trend today is to increase the wattage to get more nicotine.
    Guess the end result is about the same.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    I got my Odyssey v2 kit! Found one with the Triton 2 tank & mod for $54.95.

I really like the mod and tank both. Great flavor from the 1.8ohm coils. I got Polished Brass but I ordered a second Polished Slate kit today. And I ordered a gold Odyssey Mini kit to try the Nauti coils in the Triton Mini tank.

Got the charger, too - it's nice and heavy. Love I can just stick the Peg on there next to my bed over night!

d2ccefcbae1078020ae69f39aa51b4ba.jpg

Very Nice...Glad you were able to get the V2...
    In VW it is a great little machine I tootle it @ 6watts,2 to 2.1 ohm coils.I've since gotten used to the downfalls of the v1 and haven't fried a coil since the 2nd or 3rd day.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida
    @hejira @juskiddin Congrats on the new mods!!

I just made a great build, it comes out at 1 ohm, that's high for me I thought I wouldn't like it but I do, just like I probably shouldn't like Life is Strange on PS4 but again.....I do :)

Even though I make some crazy coils to play around with, Claptons, Staples, and Parallel just to name a few. The best coil I find for flavor with my Kayfuns, Russian 91%, and other tanks is a 1.2 ohm 28ga between 10w-14 watts depending on what juice I'm vaping! Flavor galore!!

I've observed that for a lot of us, that went full circle. At first we wanted more & more to finally kick the cigarettes to the curb. Then as the desire to smoke diminished, we started wanting less & less.

add:
    In the early days we increased the mg content of the liquid to get more nicotine. The trend today is to increase the wattage to get more nicotine.

So true! I toot in the morning and at night but vape sub ohm during the day. But without a doubt the most relaxing and enjoyable vapes are when I'm tootle puffing!

Last edited:

juskiddin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2015
    Canada
    @hejira @juskiddin Congrats on the new mods!!
    Thanks LJ :)

Even though I make some crazy coils to play around with, Claptons, Staples, and Parallel just to name a few. The best coil I find for flavor with my Kayfuns, Russian 91%, and other tanks is a 1.2 ohm 28ga between 10w-14 watts depending on what juice I'm vaping! Flavor galore!!

So true! I toot in the morning and at night but vape subohm during the day. But without a doubt the most relaxing and enjoyable vapes are when I tootle puffing!

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK

That is very true, I started at 18mg, god knows what the wattage was, there was no display lol, now I'm on 3mg 75w.

The thing that has changed in that regard is that you didn't need a vape as much to get your nic fix with 18mg / 24mg, now Im vaping all the time to get the same fix.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida
    That is very true, I started at 18mg, god knows what the wattage was, there was no display lol, now I'm on 3mg 75w.

The thing that has changed in that regard is that you didn't need a vape as much to get your nic fix with 18mg / 24mg, now Im vaping all the time to get the same fix.

Yup. I started with 36mg because I was a heavy smoker. Started vaping in Sep 2012 and now I'm at 3mg. I also chain vape but at 3mg I don't care. No more coffin nails!!! It's funny how our vaping journeys basically begin the same way but change along the way.

juskiddin

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2015
    Canada
    Yup...I remember my first real mod (11 watt eVic that I paid $110.00 Dollars for.) with ProTank Minis then bought an Xstar charger about a week later.
    That eVic never left my hands for weeks I was so excited about it.Seems the prices have come down a fair bit since then (~2014) as now I can get it for about 30 bucks where I live.

Would you believe I found a CF4 at a local B&M for $110??!!! What the ???? I was in shock.

I stumbled on the website of a B&M about 15 kms away. I emailed them to see if they carried the CF4 as I didn't see it on their site. The owner replied within 30 mins to tell me they had none in stock but if I got back to her quickly with the colour I like she could slip one in the order she was making for other supplies / devices. What? Customer service? Wow, how nice.

I'm a wee bit anxious about figure out how to work it as I've never owned a mod. At least I know where to go for help if I need it :)

Cheers

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    Yup. I started with 36mg because I was a heavy smoker. Started vaping in Sep 2012 and now I'm at 3mg. I also chain vape but at 3mg I don't care. No more coffin nails!!! It's funny how our vaping journeys basically begin the same way but change along the way.
    I started at 24 and I'm still at 24. lol

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    I'm a wee bit anxious about figure out how to work it as I've never owned a mod. At least I know where to go for help if I need it :)

Cheers

It's easy, that's just power mode, you'll pick that up in 10mins..but yup, plenty of CO4 owners here :shock:

Last edited:

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    Would you believe I found a CF4 at a local B&M for $110??!!! What the ???? I was in shock.

I stumbled on the website of a B&M about 15 kms away. I emailed them to see if they carried the CF4 as I didn't see it on their site. The owner replied within 30 mins to tell me they had none in stock but if I got back to her quickly with the colour I like she could slip one in the order she was making for other supplies / devices. What? Customer service? Wow, how nice.

Cheers

They are easy. Set it on watts about 6.5-7 to start and adjust from there.

I started on 18mg and am on 18mg now. Did go up to 24mg in the middle.

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    View attachment 529524 I have put a couple of orders in and it worked okay yesterday for them.

I just tried it again and it seems to work

Geez, works for others , it's probably just a "personal" thing with me as to why it doesn't work , very common actually , oh well .

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

Quite so, and one of the reasons I stay at 18. Low juice consumption (about 3 - 5 mls a day for me), batteries go a long time between charges....

Rixsta

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 8, 2015
    Somerset, UK
    Anyone have a way to check on @AndriaD? She's not posted since the 3rd, hope all's well with her.
    She is not poorly or anything like that. Out of respect, that is all I'm going to say, I just didn't want anyone worrying. I miss her too.

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida

They are easy. Set it on watts about 6.5-7 to start and adjust from there.
    I started on 18mg and am on 18mg now. Did go up to 24mg in the middle.

Main thing is your not smoking!!! :thumb:

Anyone have a way to check on @AndriaD? She's not posted since the 3rd, hope all's well with her.

Also haven't seen @Oregon Linda in a while either. How all is good with both!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread