RDA Top 5 RDAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

96_Special

May 13, 2015
I have a challenge for all you that rebuild. What are your top (2-5)RDAs that you own or have seen in use, why and which ones are a must own? For example mine
1)Freakshow (must own) flavor is unbeatable
2) El Cabron build deck is huge with monster post holes, airflow is the best I've seen
3) doge(any version) massive airflow, not the best with a good build deck
4) Mutation X v2 easy to work with 4 hole deck
5) Derringer great flavor, build deck isn't half bad

Reactions: Mr.Mann

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
1) Little Boy - juice well is deeper than it looks, easy to build on, easy AFC and I love the look of it. IMHO, better flavor with the chuff tip taken off. Own three of them.
2) Plume Veil - easy build, decent deck, good flavor
3) Mephisto - that delrin ring on the bottom is a PITA - have to take it off in order to put it on an ohm meter. But an easy build (monster post holes) and very good flavor
4) Derringer - what you said. Ditto!
5) Freakshow - big, leaky pain in the ..... Sorry I bought it. (Okay, this one doesn't count.)
5a) Tobh V1 - a $10.00 impulse buy. Easy build, most leakproof rda I own, great flavor. Like how the top comes off - I can drip without taking off the entire cap.

TKS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
For 22mm atties:

1) Revolt from Canada(people are really sleeping by not getting this thing, easy to build and a reduced chamber puts out really nice flavor, but mostly the build quality/materials/finish make it my number one. From grub screws that doesn't back out with rounded bottoms so your thinner wires don't get clipped to PEEK everywhere even a top cap all PEEK option that can really protect from insanely hot builds, to lead free/oxygen free copper center post with available stainless steel included, this is my number one without a doubt. A very classy and tradition design atty with massive attention to detail for those with an eye to spot it.)

2) Origen V3 from Hungary (insane build quality and vertical coils make this a must own piece especially for collectors that want to experience a genisis style RDA. You can use any wicking material even mesh and still come out on top. The airflow cators to people who like a more restrictive flow especially when building single coils. Either a 1.2mm hole and really nice airflow for those who build duals allowing 1.2 all the way up to 2.5 duals meaning 5mm. And finally the heat fins make this thing look so clean and sophisticated at the same time. With a bottom feeding option for squonkersso you can have a ton of juice without needing to constantly re drip, this thing is solid! My number 2 just because building on it isn't as easy as the classic tri post design.)

3) Velocity from USA (unique deck with a massive well granting a lot of space for variable coil builds and massive juice well for stuffing all the wick you need, this thing is a exotic builders must have, and a simple builders must have. Airflow control that is really innovative and highly tailored, it can accommodate all sorts of settings. Having no posts to get in the way of the airflow allows side airflow to be free to do what it needs to without vapor shooting up against any posts. Quality is too notch and the only con I have is the comp cap is a Delrin screw on that might wear away as time goes on, but being thick threads this might not really be a concern. A bottom feeding pun is coming soon so squonkers galore. That's my number 3 tied with number 4 really.)

4) Viking V2 from USA (Amazing quality as well like the others with 2 airflow tubes that shoot air under the 2 or 1 coil you may build. Lots of room and choice when it comes to building. But what really does it for me is the look and good juice capacity and the insane flavor from bottom directly to the top airflow, the flavor is just top notch. It reminds me of the Kennedy RDA with just a little better aesthetics. It's my number 4 because it's nearly impossible to get when it sells out, shame it's not more popular, this is a flavor a RDA with massive potential for a ton of clouds when built right.)

5) Geyser from the Philipenes (I had to include a cloud chaser in this mix since I gravitate toward many flavor atomisers. This is an atty I haven't seen copied by others too much. It's a quad coil based even though you can do one or two coils. What I like about it is the drip tip it comes with, stock that produces amazing flavor since the airflow comes from the bottom, but since you have quads it also makes a lot of clouds. The second optional cap is the competition cap that adds air from the sides for those who really want to push a lot of heat and air around. Very small atty for what it is. It also makes dripping so easy since it has a pyramid like Teflon pieces in the middle that distributes drips of juice to the four sides of the wick and coils, so you never need to remove the top cap. The only downside of this thing aside from brass deck, is the juice capacity is very small (no well, the cotton holds the juice for a few drops for a few massive hits, and when going to competitions, you really don't need anymore if your looking to win, which you will if you push the limit with your build on this thing.)

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
1. Revolt RDA - nice quality durable RDA that has good flavor, thick walls, can be used for super subohm builds to create lotsa vapor.
2. SOD5k - Awesome looking RDA, can easily build dual coils with a single strand of wire due to the center post being a nut setup instead of a post.
3. Rogue RDA - sleekest looking RDA on any tube mod. decent flavor.
4. El Cabron - giant center post holes, easy to build crazy builds on, giant airflow, fun for getting crazy with builds and clouds.
5. Mutation X whatever version - Cheap reliable atomizer.

these are just from the ones I own/owned, im sure there are more RDA out there that would make it to my top 5 if I had them.

Reactions: TKS

DavidRomano67

May 26, 2015
LA, CA
1) Marquis - Great flavor, easy build, looks fantastic on an SS mech
2) TOBH - Not groundbreaking, but a great blend of flavor and clouds.
3) Veritas - Flavor and leak resistance that is so good that I'm willing to overlook the fact that it is one of the most annoying builds I've ever do.
4) 454 - Some say its a difficult build, I personally found it very easy, put a quad coil in it and... CLOUDS BRO!
5) Kayfun mini in dripper mode - no clouds at all, tight draw, but one of the best ways to try out new juices I know of, plus a rookie can get into dripping in something as cheap and ubiquitous as an ego.

Reactions: Cuando

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
  • Holmes V2: Super deep drip well, bottom airflow, and a two-piece top cap for easy redripping. Amazing flavor, nice and "clicky" airflow adjustment ring, and good vapor production despite being more of a flavor-chasing RDA.
  • Wotofo Freakshow: Very similar to the Holmes (all points mentioned also apply to this), but with three posts for easier multi-coil builds. Drip well is huge, but not quite as huge as the Holmes.
  • EHPro TOBH v2.5 clone: A great RDA with better vapor production than the Holmes or Freakshow, but not quite as much flavor. Airflow control tabs are poorly positioned and require slightly different builds for best results. Some people cut off the tabs, which eliminates the coil positioning issue at the cost of losing the adjustable airflow (will be wide open 100% of the time unless you tape off some of the airflow holes). Deep drip well, just not as deep as the Holmes or Freakshow.
  • IGO-L: Old school, "back to basics" 3 post RDA that is dirt cheap but very well built. Airflow is tiny but the holes can be easily drilled out and/or new holes drilled.
  • Derringer: Super compact flavor-chasing RDA.

Filfa

May 20, 2015
Australia
1) Derringer - awesome flavour, small, easy to build on
2) tugboat v2 - very basic deck, good flavour, good vapor production
3) Mini Haze - so easy to build on with the positive block, awesome airflow can hit under coil, over coil or both. Flavour is just a good as the derringer.
4) Doge v2 - good for when I feel like changing the weather, flavour isn't half bad in it either considering how airy it is
5) Mutation X v4 - very good overall, too many airflow options though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread