Not open for further replies.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
Good day, all.

I've been a squonker four years now and I've always followed new innovation, but new products are coming out so rapidly now, there may be done that I have missed.

I own, use and love my REO Grands, and love the top fire button. Ive owned Woodvils, but sold them because I just can't get in to side fire buttons.

Are there top fire squonkers besides REOs and the Coppervape?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thanks for the responses. I had heard of those, so I guess there's not too much in the way of new top fire squonkers.
I'm with you....I bought a couple p67's recently. I find myself using my grands, CC's and pdibs more. The novelty of side fire on a metal REO did last for a couple days though...

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
20170517_171248.jpg
I like to fire my Grand with the meat of my index finger just like this. It's why I haven't bought a P67.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Been enjoying this top firer lately. Planned to stay away from 3D mods but wow, the tiny form factor has made it my go-to lately: Squonk¹ Mod

They sell out pretty fast but if you're into building your own you can buy parts for 38 pounds + shipping.
Kinda neat. Since he was already dealing with modmaker, he should've used his 510's too. FDV 510's should come with a mop.

octa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Athens, GA
Kinda neat. Since he was already dealing with modmaker, he should've used his 510's too. FDV 510's should come with a mop.
Haven't had leaking but do have to occasionally take atty off & adjust to make contact. - the switch took a lil getting used to in that nothing seems to move (no click etc) when you apply pressure but mod fires. (very short throw) -- the design originated from modding a dual 18650 carrying case.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Haven't had leaking but do have to occasionally take atty off & adjust to make contact. - the switch took a lil getting used to in that nothing seems to move (no click etc) when you apply pressure but mod fires. (very short throw) -- the design originated from modding a dual 18650 carrying case.
Yep...I saw mark Todd when he got the first one with flush magnets. It's come a long way.

Reactions: octa

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
If I was still vaping the only device I would own is the Reo Grand. Tried, true, and tested to last a lifetime with the least amount of maintenance!!
I'm not sure it would be the only one I'd own....But I can say I'll never not own at least one. I have 10 REO grands and a couple P67's. I could be easily talked in to selling both P67's and maybe 4 grands. I only vape 3 flavors so 6 grands is plenty.

But I love the CC and the pdib. I also love the Floris Orcas.... I doubt I'd ever sell any of those.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I'm not sure it would be the only one I'd own....But I can say I'll never not own at least one. I have 10 REO grands and a couple P67's. I could be easily talked in to selling both P67's and maybe 4 grands. I only vape 3 flavors so 6 grands is plenty.

But I love the CC and the pdib. I also love the Floris Orcas.... I doubt I'd ever sell any of those.
I can understand where your at. Corey and Peters devices are very good quality devices but IMO, the CC requires too much maintenance and the Dibi line are just too fragile for everyday carry and use. I am clumsy and had dropped my Grands on occasion and one was even ran over by a zero-turn mower and spit it out the shoot where I walked over, picked it up and put the top cap back on the atty, gave it a squonk and vaped it like I stole it!! I'm not sure the Dibi could've survived that...

When I did vape, it was 1 flavor of juice, (Menthol), and to be honest I never really had an occasion for a back up device except for when I sent my original grand into the spa to have the new 510 installed in it... The back up device I had looked the same as it did the day I bought it when I sold it 2+ yrs later... It really took all I had to list them in the classies and sell them when I quit vaping but they needed to be used and I wasn't going to anymore....

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I can understand where your at. Corey and Peters devices are very good quality devices but IMO, the CC requires too much maintenance and the Dibi line are just too fragile for everyday carry and use. I am clumsy and had dropped my Grands on occasion and one was even ran over by a zero-turn mower and spit it out the shoot where I walked over, picked it up and put the top cap back on the atty, gave it a squonk and vaped it like I stole it!! I'm not sure the Dibi could've survived that...

When I did vape, it was 1 flavor of juice, (Menthol), and to be honest I never really had an occasion for a back up device except for when I sent my original grand into the spa to have the new 510 installed in it... The back up device I had looked the same as it did the day I bought it when I sold it 2+ yrs later... It really took all I had to list them in the classies and sell them when I quit vaping but they needed to be used and I wasn't going to anymore....
I find the amount of maintenance between the CC and the REO about the same...contact wise. The Lil Pinch, maybe a bit more....
I wouldn't worry about dropping any of them hard enough that they'd die. I worry less about beating up a reo because they look better beat up. The CC's and the dibi's are so painstakingly finished, dropping one seems like a sin....but I have zero doubt, they'd continue to perform. Although, my dibi is made from desert iron wood.....'tis strong like the bull.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I find the amount of maintenance between the CC and the REO about the same...contact wise. The Lil Pinch, maybe a bit more....
The advantage to the Pinch is the unequaled accessibility of the contacts.

I wouldn't worry about dropping any of them hard enough that they'd die. I worry less about beating up a reo because they look better beat up. The CC's and the dibi's are so painstakingly finished, dropping one seems like a sin....but I have zero doubt, they'd continue to perform. Although, my dibi is made from desert iron wood.....'tis strong like the bull.
Yeah, with a dibi, the type of wood it's made from makes a huge difference with respect to fragility. I've got one from the first run made of feather-crotch walnut. It's been my most-used mod pretty much since the day I got it almost two years ago and it goes everywhere with me. It's been dropped on a number of occasions, most often when it decides to jump out of my shirt pocket for some strange reason. It has a couple of character marks as a result, but other than that, it's fine. I think there's a reason rifle stocks are most often made of walnut.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The advantage to the Pinch is the unequaled accessibility of the contacts.

Yeah, with a dibi, the type of wood it's made from makes a huge difference with respect to fragility. I've got one from the first run made of feather-crotch walnut. It's been my most-used mod pretty much since the day I got it almost two years ago and it goes everywhere with me. It's been dropped on a number of occasions, most often when it decides to jump out of my shirt pocket for some strange reason. It has a couple of character marks as a result, but other than that, it's fine. I think there's a reason rifle stocks are most often made of walnut.
Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread