TopTank always tastes burnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've had my Topbox mini for a week now. I bought a five pack of OCC 0.5ohm replacement coils (the older kind with two holes). The first one vaped perfectly all week. It was still good but I wanted to vape a different flavor so I cleaned out my tank and changed the coil. I dropped juice into both holes a couple times and took a few hits without firing to make sure the coils were soaked. I also let it soak for a few minutes before hitting. I vaped it at 30w (a bit lower than I was vaping the other coil of the same ohm) It tasted very burnt.

I figured it was just a bad coil, no big deal, I'm told it happens all the time. I tried the same process again with a fresh coil and it was still burnt. I went through the other two coils with the same result. At this point I'm ready to smash the .......n thing and be done with it.

Could the whole pack have been duds? It was the older model coils and I got them from a local shop.

Also, I did go from using premium juice (Aisle 7) to a house juice. The house juice is in a different sub ohm device I have and it vapes perfectly out of that one.

Idk what to do. I'm so frustrated. This kind of stuff always happens to me with vaping. It's why I stopped vaping last time. I don't want to go back to cigarettes but I don't have the patience or the money to have my gear cause problems all the time.

Last edited:

Ryan3091

May 2, 2016
It could be the device itself and not the coils. I'm having problems with mine too. My TopBox Mini is reading my .5ohm coil as 1.02ohm and I'm getting a 'New Atomizer' error message repeatedly. Not acceptable. What if I was vaping using the Ni200 coil? Probably would be toxic if I turned on Ni mode with my device. I think Kangertech failed and since the device thinks my coil is 1.02ohm (I'm using the same coil you are) it tastes burnt for me too.

What is the ohms reading on your device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread