Toptank Evod by KangerTech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorianvape

May 26, 2016
So I just got the thing, I am a very first time user, never tried an e cig before, and on the manual it said to prime it. So I assumed every time you vape you need to fire it up and let it heat up, but it didn't heat up when turned on, so I just started puffing a little an there was like a burning sound for the few first hits and a disgusting taste and very harsh hits, and then it stopped and the sound stopped, the hits are still kinda harsh. So question is, did I damage anything? Did I do it right?
Is it primed? And does the harshness come from the fact my e liquid is 11% nicotine?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
It sounds to me as if you just filled it up and attempted to vape.
Priming involves making sure the wicking material (cotton) in the atomizer is fully soaked in e-liquid.
If you have burned the cotton, then that's game over for that atomizer head.
No, 11mg liquid is not harsh. 11% nicotine is not the same.

Reactions: Baditude

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Never hold down the fire button unless you are taking a puff.
Take a few puffs anytime you put in a new coil But Do NOT hit the fire button. Let the liquid soak into the wick for a couple more minutes before taking small, short toots on it. Gradually increasing toot length over time until you are satisfied.
Yeah, there is a bit of an echo in here. haha. Cheers.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
But how can I be certain? It still puffs alright, just is harsh. I don't know where this stuff are sold near me, it's kind of rare and it will take time for a new one to arrive, so how can I be sure?

I think it is burned. If you want to keep using it until you get another one, go ahead. If I were you, I would order at least 5 new atomizers and always make sure you have extra atomizers on hand.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
But how can I be certain? It still puffs alright, just is harsh. I don't know where this stuff are sold near me, it's kind of rare and it will take time for a new one to arrive, so how can I be sure?

If you really want to know? You can get the coil head out of the base (wash it down), pull out the top chimney and take a look. Since I'm betting it's cotton, then you'll see a wire coil (blackened probably) and burnt cotton.
It'd be a 3 minute job using evod SOCC , but since I don't know the construction of the VOCC-T, it's hard to say whether you'll be able to see much.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
When I do a google search for Toptank Evod by Kanger, I get the Kangertech Top Evod Starter Kit, I don't think there is a device called the Toptank Evod by Kanger. I can't help you find a place to figure out what coils you need until I know what device you have. I can't help you figure out how to prime it properly if I am not sure what device you are using either.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The device is the TOP eVOD by Kanger, it comes in a kit which happens to be a starter kit, it uses VOCC-T COILS.

My Vapor Store is one of the ECF Forum Suppliers and they carry the Kanger Top Evod starter kits and the coils, so I would suggest you get your coils from them. They are a reputable and trustworthy vendor. If you click on the link below, it will take you to the My Vapor Store Page for the Kanger Top Evod. If you scroll down on that page you will see in red a link to the VOCC-T coils. Click on that link, and if I were you, I would order at least five of the coils because you should probably replace your coils every two weeks if not sooner. It's hard to know exactly how long your coils will last. Some might not work as well and have a shorter life span, some might be duds, but most will be perfect. It's always good to have at least five coils on hand. I usually buy about 20 coils or atomizers at a time.

Kangertech TOPEVOD Starter Kit

Priming the Coil

If you look at the photo of the coil or atomizer, do you see on the middle part of the coil, near the bottom of the middle section, there is a hole in the coil? Rotate the coil and you should see at least one other hole on the other side of the coil. The coils I use have four holes in them. Put the coil in battery.
and go back to the holes.

Find the holes in the atomizer again and put one drop of e juice on each of those holes. Now hold the tank upright and put three drops of juice in the top of the coil. Put the tank on the atomizer. Without pushing the on or the fire button, take four or five draws on the mouth piece. This will help distribute the juice to the wick. I would let it sit for about 10 minutes and then I would push on the on or fire button and vape as usual.

Please let us know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else you need help with.

If you want to talk to customer service at My Vapor Store, you can do it by clicking the link below.

Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

Good luck!!

Reactions: djsvapour

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The device is the TOP eVOD by Kanger, it comes in a kit which happens to be a starter kit, it uses VOCC-T COILS.

As I said. VOCC-T.

Kanger are mad (with their codes) but not totally crazy if you follow them.

$5.99 from China.
$8.99 from domestic.
$19.99 from the rip-off brands.

Take your pick.

A shop selling single coils needs to take a long, hard look at itself. Not because it's expensive, but since when did shops start encouraging the use of buying one at a time?

This is how the UK is going. Shops selling individual coils for $4.40
I call it abusing the less well-off in our communities.

Reactions: Hitmetwice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread