Tornado/eGo Holster!!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by NebulaBrot, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NebulaBrot

NebulaBrot Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

For those who use the Tornado/eGo, the belt holster that comes with the AA maglight fits the Tornado/eGo perfectly! Just make sure you keep the button to the side to prevent activation! :cool:

2. Erin

Erin Full Member

Where did you get the holster?

3. irwink

irwink CASAA Member ECF Veteran

Wow! Never thought of that. I just got my eGo a couple of days ago and have 2 mini maglite belt holsters lying around. I'm going to give it a try right now. Thanks.

Might be a holster mod coming in order to prevent accidental discharge!

4. irwink

Just tried it out. Much less chance of an "accidental discharge" with a well broken in holster. I have an unused spare that fits the eGo kinda snug. Looks like the newer holster's going to get used to actually hold a maglite. The broken in one has eGo written all over it. Thanks again for the idea.

5. cliff5550

cliff5550 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

6. irwink

The ones I have are the standard nylon open type (no flap) that come with the purchase of a mini maglite. Personally I see no need for a button flap unless you want to conceal it or plan on standing on your head and don't want to risk loosing your Tornado/eGo while inverted.

I see the one you're referring to though. For about $20 you can get the whole maglite kit belt pouch included. No REAL man should be without a maglite. The ladies are the better for it too. If they don't want the maglite their husbands/bf's should - especially if they want to be REAL men!

I may be wrong. It's happened a few times in the past. But I believe I've seen maglite belt pouches for sale seperately in places like construction suppliers, Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

7. MsSki

MsSki Super Member ECF Veteran

Thanks im gonna go find my hubby old holsters now, i bet i could pin one to my purse..LOL shh dont tell him i took them , Again thanks for the idea
    Tara

8. Uncle JaR

Uncle JaR Senior Member ECF Veteran

I am a knife collector, and through the years have been given some cheap pocket knives with nylon holsters. I have been using one of these for the last few weeks for my tornado. Seems to work just fine, i just make sure the button is facing to the side to help eliminate the possibility of accidental battery discharge. As of yet this has not been a problem. I also use the maglite holster, more for my cigar than my tornado, but just tried it for fit and it seems fine. I have also been playing around trying to make my own case, but no good results yet. I'm still hoping that some company will start selling an actual case in which I could carry my liquid, extra battery (ocd alert), my tweezers, and an extra cart or two.

9. Slighter

Slighter Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

10. cliff5550

cliff5550 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Picked up the mini MagLite at the local Super Wally World for just $7. Included the flashlight, batteries, two extra lites, and a very nice woven nylon belt-loop case perfect for an eGo. Seven bucks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.