Totally Wicked needs to step up their game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Hey guys, Kui here. As you can see from my sig line I use a TW Tornado which I really love. I ordered 2 more kits for friends earlier in the week and they came the other day. My friend came over to my house to pick up his kit. I opened up his box and set up one of his Tornados. The atty that we used was DOA. On top of that, one of the pre-filled tobacco cartridges that they sent was completely dry, wrapped in the plastic still! WTF!

This is my first bad experience with them. I'm blown away! Totally Wicked = Totally Lame

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I'm really not fond of TW, but a bad atty and a dry cart can happen with every vendor; I don't think there are many small enough to check every atty that goes out, and the carts can be hard to check when still sealed. Unsealing them would cause different problems, though.

Question is, of course, what are they going to do about it? Although the kits have some warranty, so have it exchanged.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
This is my first bad experience with them. I'm blown away! Totally Wicked = Totally Lame

There seems to be a large amount of TW Hate going on around here lately.
I order from them occasionally (5 times in one year), but do not consider
myself a fanboy by any stretch of the imagination.

Your FIRST bad experience and TW becomes lame, huh?

Tell us: What did they say when you told them about the problem?

Did they offer to make it right? You owe them an apology here.

You did not contact them? You owe them an apology here.

They said it was your tough luck and to go pound rock salt? I do not
believe it.

aidenunder

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2009
florida - palm harbor
my last order was a huge fail with TW i ordered 2 attys 3 batts and the first atty died within a month the other is getting weak i think im gonna continue buying from eastmall i have had an atty from them that has lasted me since day 1 and it is still going strong and i havent cleaned anyhting but the connections on it i only ordered from TW bc eastmall was on vacation for a few weeks and i didnt wanna wait .... big mistake on my end

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
Im not a fanboy either and like thier stuff but also agree as op stated they should "step up thier game" . I was dissapointed after i recvd. several real heavy aroma DV concentrates that darn well should have been individually double bagged as all stuff in shipment was saturated with aroma (smokey bacon no less!).
I mean come on, how hard is that! Its thier buisness to know these things and they are not the cheapest around.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
There seems to be a large amount of TW Hate going on around here lately.
I order from them occasionally (5 times in one year), but do not consider
myself a fanboy by any stretch of the imagination.

Your FIRST bad experience and TW becomes lame, huh?

Tell us: What did they say when you told them about the problem?

Did they offer to make it right? You owe them an apology here.

You did not contact them? You owe them an apology here.

They said it was your tough luck and to go pound rock salt? I do not
believe it.
A company that sends out broken atty's and empty "pre-filled" carts in starter kits and takes our hard earned money in the process = totally lame in my book. Don't know about you... ;)

sherlynn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2010
IN
Totally Wicked was the first vendor I ordered from. We ordered 2 SD's and have never had any problem. Yes, their stuff can be a bit on the expensive side. Yes, sometimes they do send out dead atty's-all vendors do. I have made 2 more orders from them in the last month. I did have a problem with their website and I called them and they helped me right away. I do not know why all this bashing is going on with TW. I would suggest you call their toll free number before you start trashing them. 1-888-761-9425

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
A company that sends out broken atty's and empty "pre-filled" carts in starter kits and takes our hard earned money in the process = totally lame in my book. Don't know about you... ;)

And that cart was almost certainly "filled" and sealed in CHINA. Do you
honestly expect them to open, check and then re-seal each and every
cart?

You still have not mentioned what they said to you when you made them
aware of the problems.

What's that?... you never contacted them? (Don't lie, now.)

'Nuff said.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
And that cart was almost certainly "filled" and sealed in CHINA. Do you
honestly expect them to open, check and then re-seal each and every
cart?

You still have not mentioned what they said to you when you made them
aware of the problems.

What's that?... you never contacted them? (Don't lie, now.)

'Nuff said.
No actually I did right after my friend left my house that night, before I opened the thread. Still waiting...

I'm not a TW hater, in fact I don't hate on anyone or any company. I like TW's fast shipping, my Tornado, and they also have some of the best liquid that I've tried. A little quality control would be nice, however. If I owned a company and kept having these kinds of problems (as I'm positive I'm not the first) I would address the issue at it's source (the manufacturer in China, I guess).

You've ordered from them 5 times in the last year?... I've ordered from them 6 times in the past month, nearing the $800 mark, so forgive me if I get a little upset.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
You've ordered from them 5 times in the last year?... I've ordered from them 6 times in the past month, nearing the $800 mark, so forgive me if I get a little upset.

Did not understand that we were whipping them out and measuring. Each
of my five orders were over $250, with the last one in February being over
$300. It's irrelevant in any case.

I also did not know we were talking about EVERYbody's problems. I thought
it was about YOUR first problem and how 1 out of 6 = "lame". The math
does not compute.

As mentioned before, not a TW fanboy. But I do know "unfair" and
"tantrum" when I see it.

chance

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Well, for what it's worth I just placed my first order with TW last night and the product shipped today. Before placing the order I sent an email asking if they had PCC for the Titan 510 with the mega battery. I then realized it was 7:30 their time so I knew I wouldn't hear from them until the next day (which I did hear back from them this morning regarding my question). So I went a head and placed my order hoping to get it before the weekend as my current 510 that I purchased from another company seems to be taking a dump on me (gone through several batteries and atty’s from the company I bought from… talk about quality control issues from their supplier) but I've had it for 10 months now so I got a lot of use out of it. In all fairness I didn’t complain to the company I purchased from so that’s on me. All in all I made 4 purchases from them, the last two had issues so I decided to move on to another vendor; the company was great it’s just that their supplier is unreliable. I’ll update when I get my products from TW but so far my experience has been good; they were quick to respond to my question and quick to get the shipment out.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
IMO this is a LAME complaint, a rant, made before TW has even made a response.

One of my TorneGo batteries was DOA. I contacted them, and they gave me an acceptable "make good" offer. It never even occurred to me to get on a forum and have a hissy fit before they even responded to my email. But, that's just me.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Did not understand that we were whipping them out and measuring. Each
of my five orders were over $250, with the last one in February being over
$300. It's irrelevant in any case.

I also did not know we were talking about EVERYbody's problems. I thought
it was about YOUR first problem and how 1 out of 6 = "lame". The math
does not compute.

As mentioned before, not a TW fanboy. But I do know "unfair" and
"tantrum" when I see it.
Youre right dude...

Totally Wicked: I'm sorry for getting so upset when you sent my friends kit with only 1 working atty, and an empty prefilled cart. Even though things like that could really turn new customers off from vaping forever, luckily he had someone who's recieved good kits to let him know what's up. Keep doing what you do TW. No one really cares about the small stuff, anyway!

Thread closed

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I am the absolute furthest thing from a TW fan there is. I never have ordered from them and due to the complaints I have seen, that annoying logo/character, and the ridiculous(IMO) "e-ni" term, I will never buy anything from them.

With all that said, I have to agree you jumped the gun on this one. Yes the situation is annoying I'm sure. However every company has a DOA item now and then and it is how they handle it that matters. You state that you emailed them and hadn't heard back yet but as you said, on Wednesday, you had sent them an email on Saturday and then started this thread on Sunday. I would think it would have been wise to at least give them until Monday, the first business day after you sent your email, or maybe even a day or two longer to respond before complaining about how lame it was.

But being that you still haven't heard back from them half way through the "work week" I can understand being more aggravated at this point.

XxJESTERxX

Apr 3, 2010
SE Michigan
I've bought from TW a couple times. Once they shipped some liquid that was not sealed well and it leaked out. I called them and they shipped out another bottle immediately. I can't really bash them for customer service as they did take care of me right away.

However, their pricing is shall we say "premium pricing" and I suppose that may be acceptable if the products and service are "premium" as well. But I just dont think thats the case and thats my only problem with TW. I deal with several other suppliers and with all the effort and care they put into their business, TW's "premium pricing" just doesn't cut it when compared to the competition.

I can't really complain about problems as they have taken care of me, but with all the people that have had issues with them out here, it sounds as if theres some merit to quality control problems. Regardless if it's a supplier or TW, they should probably address the problems as its all going to fall on them and not the suppliers, and hurt them. If the suppliers ARE to blame, for the sake of good business in this ever growing market they might want to explore other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread