Totally Wicked needs to step up their game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenchy69

Moved On
Feb 15, 2010
australia
The starter kits aren't wrapped in any plastic, they could easily open the box and test the atty's before sending them out. I know of a guy/company that does that with all of his products... tests them before he sends them out. I'm still new to the whole vaping scene and didn't know that getting broken products was the norm. I guess I'm just used to buying something that isn't broke... even online purchases. I realized a little too late that I could have worded my OP a little differently, and maybe ommited a statement or two, and apologize if I offended anyone, it's just how I felt at the time. I'm not used to paying for things that don't work, as I see some of you already are.
i know i am way out numbered here... so be it. i have to say i do agree with the OP. money doesn't grow on trees and when we pay good money, we have every right to expect the product to perform properly. along with that, we also pay for decent customer service. i am having my own issues with a certain company at the moment, and if they don't come good, you can bet your cotton socks i am gonna jump up and down and rant and rave and let the whole world know exactly what i think of them!! i feel that's my right as a paying customer. to date, they have ignored my complaint, but seeing it has only been 24 hrs, i will give them some more time. as for TW, do i have a drama with them? nope. i have just placed my 2nd order with them and so far all is well.
it really sux when we shell out money for an order, then eagerly await it's arrival with a certain amount of excitement, only to find the product defective. so yes, i can completely understand the OP's frustrations!!!
to jump on him for complaining is not right.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
i know i am way out numbered here... so be it. i have to say i do agree with the OP. money doesn't grow on trees and when we pay good money, we have every right to expect the product to perform properly. along with that, we also pay for decent customer service. i am having my own issues with a certain company at the moment, and if they don't come good, you can bet your cotton socks i am gonna jump up and down and rant and rave and let the whole world know exactly what i think of them!! i feel that's my right as a paying customer. to date, they have ignored my complaint, but seeing it has only been 24 hrs, i will give them some more time. as for TW, do i have a drama with them? nope. i have just placed my 2nd order with them and so far all is well.
it really sux when we shell out money for an order, then eagerly await it's arrival with a certain amount of excitement, only to find the product defective. so yes, i can completely understand the OP's frustrations!!!
to jump on him for complaining is not right.

You are gonna jump up and down and rant and rave and let the world know? [Future tense?]

May I suggest that you try a different approach? I find that being polite and courteous and treating others with respect goes a long way. Just my experience. I've never had a problem with a vendor that couldn't be resolved satisfactorily. Maybe I'm just lucky? ;)

wenchy69

Moved On
Feb 15, 2010
australia
You are gonna jump up and down and rant and rave and let the world know? [Future tense?]

May I suggest that you try a different approach? I find that being polite and courteous and treating others with respect goes a long way. Just my experience. I've never had a problem with a vendor that couldn't be resolved satisfactorily. Maybe I'm just lucky? ;)

did you have a problem understanding what i said? IF i get no joy from the supplier, and IF said supplier continues to ignore me, YES IN BLOODY DEED i will rant & rave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: i'd also just like to add, that never in all my years of being a member of forums, have i come across such nit-picky, judgmental comments. it seems that if you are not conforming with the majority here, you are trampled on!

Last edited:

PriestSLC

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Spanish Fork, UT
I use a relatively simple process when picking suppliers.

1. I usually try to communicate with them, this shows me what their responsiveness is and gives me a idea of what to accept from them as a response time, something like a email titled “Product inquiry” should be sufficient enough to see what their response time is.

2. Their warranty, A warranty is a promise of a company’s goods or services, a company is only as good as it’s warranty, if you order from a place that only has a one month , 14 day, or no warranty you should probably expect comparable service, and product quality from them.

3. I make a small purchase to gauge their shipping and processing time, nothing sucks worse than making that big purchase and then finding it took them 3 days to process and 4 or 5 to ship, I like knowing what to expect when I spend my money.

4. Know your product, before getting anything seek out reviews and opinions from others that use the same product you are looking at, get a feel for common issues, and get a understanding of how the item performs so you know what to expect.

5. Understand that products die, this is a relatively young industry, and there are bound to be issues, and the best way to try to avoid issues in this department are to use steps 2 and 4 before you buy anything.

If you follow those steps, I doubt there will be much ranting or raving about the items that you get, you will already know that you will be taken care of, or you will know that you purchased something on a gamble and the odds did not play out for you this time.

Example I got 2 LR attys from Nhaler & Totally Wicked to try out, I know they do not have a warranty on them, I know that other then DOA they could pop and go cold, that is a risk I am taking and so far so good with the Nhaler atty's I love it, if it goes dead, I will move on to atty#2, and the same for the Totally Wicked ones...

I am anticipating the Janty LR atty's that are supposed to be coming out, Janty atty's come with a 6 month warranty, so hopefully that warranty carries over to their LR stuff.

Bottom line… A company is only as strong as the warranty they provide on their products, and their customer service, do some research.

Last edited:

woodman

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
USA midwest
If the 510 charger, the one in the set, for which you need an adapter to even use it, does indeed charge your Tornardo battery in 2 hours, then probably your battery is broken.
Because if those chargers were as fast as the actual eGo/Tornardo chargers, why would those be sold seperately, and come with a warning not to charge stock 510 batteries in them?

Alex, maybe battery going bad like ya said and/or battery wasnt fully discharged before recharge. My 6 week old tornado batteries are gett6ing weak and sometimes charging much faster than 8 hrs-lately....;)

portguy

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2010
Portugal

You are lucky, trust me.

Scott Tenorman

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2009
Aurora, Colorado
Just wanted to add my 2 cents in the mix. I ordered the 5 pack of 510 attys from TW and 1 was DOA and 2 others died the first couple hours of use. I of course contacted them about it and the answer I got was that since they are priced "so low" in the 5 pack (their version of low is the same price everyone else sells them individually lol) that they had zero warranty and they would do nothing for me. Customer service is obviously not a priority for them. I had several email exchanges and was denied not matter what I said. Buyer, beware Totally Wicked.

martha1014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2009
Delhi, LA USA
They do state on their site that the multipacks do not have any warranty whatsoever. You can pay more and have a 28 day warranty on other atomizers except LR atomizers. There are other suppliers that offer 14 day warranties and some only on DOA and then there are others that offer a 6 month warranty. I recently bought 5 XHV atomizers and all 5 went bad. I was told there was a bad batch from China and was given a credit with the supplier. I know most suppliers get the same atomizers from the same company in China so why can some offer warranties and other cannot (China offers a year warranty). If the suppliers can purchase atomizers with a year warranty why can't they pass on some type of warranty to us. I have heard some of them say it is too expensive to return to China (why can't they wait until they have a lot of them before returning).

We need to compare price and warranties of the atomizers before we purchase them.

DaliMama

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Heart of Georgia (for now)
I use a relatively simple process when picking suppliers.

1. I usually try to communicate with them, this shows me what their responsiveness is and gives me a idea of what to accept from them as a response time, something like a email titled “Product inquiry” should be sufficient enough to see what their response time is.

2. Their warranty, A warranty is a promise of a company’s goods or services, a company is only as good as it’s warranty, if you order from a place that only has a one month , 14 day, or no warranty you should probably expect comparable service, and product quality from them.

3. I make a small purchase to gauge their shipping and processing time, nothing sucks worse than making that big purchase and then finding it took them 3 days to process and 4 or 5 to ship, I like knowing what to expect when I spend my money.

4. Know your product, before getting anything seek out reviews and opinions from others that use the same product you are looking at, get a feel for common issues, and get a understanding of how the item performs so you know what to expect.

5. Understand that products die, this is a relatively young industry, and there are bound to be issues, and the best way to try to avoid issues in this department are to use steps 2 and 4 before you buy anything.

If you follow those steps, I doubt there will be much ranting or raving about the items that you get, you will already know that you will be taken care of, or you will know that you purchased something on a gamble and the odds did not play out for you this time.

Example I got 2 LR attys from Nhaler & Totally Wicked to try out, I know they do not have a warranty on them, I know that other then DOA they could pop and go cold, that is a risk I am taking and so far so good with the Nhaler atty's I love it, if it goes dead, I will move on to atty#2, and the same for the Totally Wicked ones...

I am anticipating the Janty LR atty's that are supposed to be coming out, Janty atty's come with a 6 month warranty, so hopefully that warranty carries over to their LR stuff.

Bottom line… A company is only as strong as the warranty they provide on their products, and their customer service, do some research.

Great post! I'm not one to throw money away and I hate feeling ripped off so these are great tips for anyone to follow, anytime they make purchases! ;)

Kekemon

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
USA
I haven't read through the thread, and I may be in the minority here, but my experience with Totally Wicked has so far been quite satisfactory.

I received a Tornado from them on Monday (today being Thursday). Everything is in perfectly working order. The order came with a carry pouch, which wasn't even listed in the description. Their shipping was LIGHTNING fast (arrived a day before the earliest day I thought they could get it to me). Granted, I haven't had to deal with their customer service yet, but I consider that a good thing.

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
Just wanted to add my 2 cents in the mix. I ordered the 5 pack of 510 attys from TW and 1 was DOA and 2 others died the first couple hours of use. I of course contacted them about it and the answer I got was that since they are priced "so low" in the 5 pack (their version of low is the same price everyone else sells them individually lol) that they had zero warranty and they would do nothing for me. Customer service is obviously not a priority for them. I had several email exchanges and was denied not matter what I said. Buyer, beware Totally Wicked.

Check this out below. This happened about 2 months ago and I never got a response. The posts were deleted from the TW page too. I'll never do business with them again.

The following mail has been sent to Patricia Centari, Operations Director for TW USA via e-mail and PM and to the services manager Alex via her direct email address product@totallywicked-eliquid.com

Patti,
I feel that I must let you know that TW is suffering greatly because of your company's policy of not allowing DOA returns of multipack Tornado batteries and other customer service issues mentioned in my post and the other ECF threads below.
There are a lot of angry people out there and many are swearing not to order from your company again. I called your company about this issue and the lady that answered said she asked you and you said that there would be no replacements of DOA batts. Well, that policy has everyone up in arms as is pretty much laid out below. People simply don't think they are getting a square deal or proper customer service
I posted the following message on the TW forum and today Pillbox38 deleted it with out even responding to it. There were more than 30 responses, 99% of them negative, against the policy and the company in general - so he chose to ignore the problems. I am a business owner myself and you can bet that I would address the problems head on and not just ignore them. Luckily, I had written it in Notepad and saved it so I can post it again. What arrogance to just delete a customer's thread!
My post was titled "This non return policy just ain't right!" and said:
"Well, TW says on multipacks such as the 5 pack Tornado that there is no warranty and I've discoverd that means on DOA items too. You'd think they'd cover obvious DOAs especially in the well documented cases of battery buttons sticking. In addition, you'd think that the mfg would assume responsiblity and grant returns from suppliers. Hell, it's a manufacturing defect and they want us to fully shoulder the burden of their mistakes.
Sure, Joye will correct the problem at some point but what about us that have suffered loss due to it in the meantime? This problem should have been caught in development. There are enough of us out there having the problem that at the least some sort of quality control sampling during testing and mfg would have caught it.
They said that I could request that each battery be tested before being shipped. But that wouldn't have helped in this case anyway. I haven't seen that stated anywhere on the site, at least not on the pages with the batteries or other multipacks. If the warranty doesn't even cover DOAs then it should state that on the same page as the batteries and other multipack items in the warranty info.
The best way to handle this IMHO is to charge a little more for the packs and then grant DOA returns that are reported in say three days and not get people mad when they are in that condition.
I won't be buying any more multi packs from them and maybe not anything else either. This really burns me up! "
There are other recent posts with lots of complaints too:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reviews-suppliers/73835-tw-doa-multipacks.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-no-warranty-5-pack-mega-batteries-510-a.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/totally-wicked-e-liquid/54594-customer-service-issue.html

dgreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
WI
MacDiver; Just write your credit card company telling them that the product you received was defective, the vendor ignored your requests for help (enclose correspondence) and for them to charge back the sale.

Thats all it takes. I dont know why people dont think of that more often. You are pretty well protected using a debit / credit card. If you went through the normal customer service channels and that didnt work, call your credit card company. It doesn't look good when they get charge backs.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I had a problem with TW that got resolved after I sent them a "rant" email (I had to vent). They were totally....nice!

I had ordered (and prepaid for) a 5pk of bats. They sent me one bat.
I sent a friendly letter informing them of the mistake and would they please send me the 4 they owe me.
No, I had to return the single bat FIRST which turned out to be bad communication on their part from someone handling the emails. They sent me a paid return label which I used to ship the single bat back in the same package after the 5pk arrived. It was really no hassle to slip it into a local mail box.

The funny part is, I kept the original single bat and sent them back a dead bat that came in the 5pk. These are marked MP (multi pack). I might owe them an explanation.
Anyway they were patient with me throughout the ordeal and I will continue to buy from them.

Expensive? Which item? They are the same or less than anyone else and they have a huge inventory and selection and they ship super fast.

Yes. I dislike their juvenile art-work presentation and logo but WTF? They've got the goods! I got over it.

I've been using one of their LR 510 attys for 2 weeks of heavy vaping with no signs of weakening.

I'm sure they are well aware of the defective hardware issues and have most probably taken the issue up with their suppliers. They are at their mercy. The quality control begins with the manufacturer. We should be sending our ranting and venting emails to them. Not the distributor in every case....

...and as to our fallen brother from down-under ...
music-smiley-021.gif

chicagorod

Mar 1, 2010
Chicago
I am in no means bashing TW but they do charge a premium and I believe that I should get premuin service and products. I have had problems with TW and yes I did recieve bad atty's and all I got was the run around. I finally emailed the owner in England and recieved his response quickly and he authorized new ones be sent out. The new ones didn't work either. I believe no one owes anyone an appology for telling others of their bad experience with a company. In fact I think we are doing them a service by allowing them to be aware of our experiences. It's up to the company to take that info and make adjustments if they see fit. I do agree people should inform us(the forum) of the actual outcome. To say they are to big to test or address the issue of bad attys is ridiculous. I personally believe they are a good company, but need to make some adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread