Totally Wicked Not Quite...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
It's been over a month now... still waiting.
... Don't keep me waiting do long for your next paid post...

Maybe they are still in hysterics about the "dry cart" complaint? :D

Cannot speak to the dead atty in the kit, though.

I wish they WOULD pay me! Even with the current sale on Red Label and
Patriot Range, I still cannot bring myself to pay what they ask.

Kui also said:
By the way, my "lame accusation" was made on saturday, apr 10th.

Yes, YOUR time. But it was Sunday on the east coast of the continent.
And of course people receive eMail on weekends. But if they are not
working, it just sits there until Monday morning! Just like my work-
related eMail.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Just to clear the air regarding UK law:

There is absolutely NO requirement to provide any warranty. That is entirely at each company's discretion.

You are correct regarding the Sale of Goods Act which provides for repair/replacement/refund for defective goods or goods that do not match the description or photos on the website.

The Distance Selling Act allows buyers to cancel if the goods have not yet been delivered or if they have not been delivered after 30 days. The regulations allow customers a cooling-off period of seven working days, during which they can cancel the sale (certain items are excluded for obvious reasons). For goods, this counts from the day after the goods are delivered.

This is the important part.

The Sale of Goods Act and The Distance Selling Act apply only within the European Union. Anyone outside the EU might have a difficult time recovering their losses.

Cheers.
John.
John...thanks for your answer....
interesting the way I read it is that goods sold have to be fit for purpose (in. working order) if they're not it's breach and the consumer is entitled to repair/replacement/refund...

and while I realize that it would be difficult if they are maintaining that they are a UK company just doing business here then the act would apply would it not?...granted any disputes would have to be filed through the appropriate UK authority...
now say they sold to someone in California....which has a lemon law that includeds electronics and states that they must also be fit for purpose..I imagine that those people would have more options and recourse available to them..

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Umm... not really ;) I love my Tornado and do on occasion advertise said love. I'm just not a fan of TW's bogus policy.

Yeah Silverbear, I know that at least 40 out of your 80 posts have been in different kinds of threads. I was just trying to make a funny (not for you though, bc I really don't care for you).

Seriously, you're not going to be able to say anything that he isnt going to find argumentative...
There are some people that just love to be drama queens and thrive in it
that are always going to cry oppression or defamation or some other silly nonsense...
I usually find it funny that people that are so reactionary, emothional, and thin skinned have chosen the animal bear to represent them..

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
  • Deleted by Elendil
  • Reason: Supplier posting in incorrect thread

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Yes, goods have to be fit for purpose.
You would have to check US laws to see whether a company with a 'US based' website that delivers from the US is governed by US law. I would imagine that some law must apply, but it needs researching.
John.

yes but on the other thread the position was advanced:
It is impossible to use a paypal account that is resident in the USA, as you are aware they just close them. Hence we use a UK based account. TWUSA is in actuality a Uk Business, it just trades in the states.

I believe the customer is aware of this.

All the Best Jason Cropper

So they're maintaining that TWUSA is a UK business..in which case I would think that it'd be governed by UK standards and complaints would be filed with the trading standards department where the business is incorporated in the UK(which is accessable via the web)...complaints in the US and Canada would be filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB Review of Pillbox38 in Bradenton, FL) and your state if it has a lemon law that pertains to electronics

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I will only order from suppliers that have some kind of warranty on atomizers. You can find that some supplier offer anywhere from 30 days to 14 days warranty.

Of couse that doesn't apply to the LR atomizers from Eastmall for 3.00 each. I ordered 50 of these.

Just FYI, EM does give a 7-day warranty on those (link).

emsmom

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Arizona
To all of those that have received DOA items, post #66 gives the link to the BBB. Filing a complaint with them is more likely to get you action than anything else. It will also be more likely to get this terrible policy changed. With all the complaints here on the forum, it is amazing to me that there were only 2 complaints filed with the BBB. Get it together guys and file a complaint where it will do some good!

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
yes but on the other thread the position was advanced:

So they're maintaining that TWUSA is a UK business..in which case I would think that it'd be governed by UK standards and complaints would be filed with the trading standards department where the business is incorporated in the UK(which is accessable via the web)...complaints in the US and Canada would be filed with the Better Business Bureau (BBB Review of Pillbox38 in Bradenton, FL) and your state if it has a lemon law that pertains to electronics

Not a claim Drozd its a fact, the business anyone buys from on the URL Electronic Cigarettes and eLiquid / Totally Wicked eLiquid / electronic cigarette eliquid nicotine fluid products is a Uk registered business "Pillbox38 (USA) LTD"

All goods are purchased by Pillbox38 USA LTD and shipped from the manufacturers to my other companies warehouse in Florida. The Other company being "Totally Wicked E.Liquid USA INC" this is a USA inc but currently trades only as an office services company, and gets paid a management fee from Pillbox38 USA LTD.

Therefore it makes sense for a UK business to own a UK Paypal account, without being set up this way there would be no USA business.

A good thing you might say!

Regardless wether you hate my business or not it is a fact paypal will not in the states accept Ecig traders business..

So if you buy from the .com url you trade with a UK company not a USA one..

chev327fox

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Nowheresville, ME
Not a claim Drozd its a fact, the business anyone buys from on the URL Electronic Cigarettes and eLiquid / Totally Wicked eLiquid / electronic cigarette eliquid nicotine fluid products is a Uk registered business "Pillbox38 (USA) LTD"

All goods are purchased by Pillbox38 USA LTD and shipped from the manufacturers to my other companies warehouse in Florida. The Other company being "Totally Wicked E.Liquid USA INC" this is a USA inc but currently trades only as an office services company, and gets paid a management fee from Pillbox38 USA LTD.

Therefore it makes sense for a UK business to own a UK Paypal account, without being set up this way there would be no USA business.

Regardless wether you hate my business or not it is a fact paypal will not in the states accept Ecig traders business..

Sounds like you are losing a lot of business lately? Time for an over haul... IMO anyway...

I would say if this keeps up the UK ban will be the least of your worries... It is funny I used to recommend your site to people, what a mistake that was.

Honestly I posted earlier in this thread saying that the manufacturer are the one probably doing QC but after seeing how many people continually are have DOA product it made me wounder if other companies selling the exact same goods had this problem and nope for the most par they don't. I would think something would b done and soon about this problem, and if not for you customers then do it for you company's future if you want it to have a good one anyways. If you don't want a company known for loyal customers that will turn others into loyal customers then keep on doing exactly what you are doing now.

With all that said and it is all "my opinion", I think it was very nice and stand up of Miss Wicked to try and resolve this situation, the problem is it needs more then what you can do for the problem (that should be apparent). The OWNER needs to fix or change a few things in his company (like polices and customer service) or nothing will get solve for the big picture so to speak.

EDIT:

SO buying from the .com url as apposed to the UK one? Oh yeah that makes sense... :rolleyes:

Then how do you have the right to have a US website? That is a blatant trick on people if you ask me. To have both a U.S. website and a U.K. one to trick people into believing they are buying from a U.S. supplier is just dishonest and a con. You should be mandated to post a huge disclaimer on you website saying that you are not a U.S. based company in any way and additional charges may apply for international transactions!

Also Paypal is a bunch of crooks but that is a whole other issue, they aren't technically a bank so they don't have to follow banks guidelines... crooks.

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio

And really the foreign transaction fee doesnt concern me a bit..
what I'm getting at is that being a UK company, you should then be held to the distance selling regulations in reguards to goods that are fit for purpose...
simply adding a 24 hour warranty against DOA on the MP would cut down a considerable amount of users complaints..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread