Status
Not open for further replies.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I don't know much about what's going on in the EU (sorry Europeans!) but I do wish Totally Wicked the best of luck. They weren't my first ecig, but they were the ones that got me to stop smoking, and have kept me away from them for one month+ at this point.

Keep up the good fight, I personally appreciate it.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
Alright! Thumbs up for Totally Wicked! :thumbs:
Yes, the only authority who can stop overzealous politicos and "public health" corruption is the courts.
In my country, the courts have reined in overzealous politicos several times, also when they attempted to ban ecigs as "unregistered medicines" and crap.
Same as in the US, with the FDA and its seizures in 2009.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
excellent! :thumb:

Totally Wicked becomes the first electronic cigarette manufacturer to win the right to challenge a Directive that will bring e-cigarettes and e-liquid within its regulatory scope as a "tobacco related product" - despite not containing tobacco - and subject e-cigarettes to more stringent regulation than some conventional tobacco products.

Electronic cigarettes are a revolutionary product with the potential to render tobacco cigarettes obsolete and prevent millions of deaths from smoking. Totally Wicked believes that the TPD is likely to adversely impact the availability of good quality, electronic cigarettes and e-liquids, and jeopardise the life-changing potential of e-cigarettes, resulting in a major detrimental impact on the public health of millions of people across the EU.

Specifically, Totally Wicked’s challenge is based on its view that Article 20 of the TPD represents a disproportionate impediment to the free movement of goods and the free provision of services, places electronic cigarettes at an unjustified competitive disadvantage to tobacco products, fails to comply with the general EU principle of equality, and breaches the fundamental rights of electronic cigarette manufacturers.

The whole link is well worth reading.

Last edited:

Danie06

Jul 24, 2014

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Status