EU Totally Wicked's CJEU Court date set

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands
I would have expected, if all vapers understood the implications of the TPD, that actually millions might want to sign it. The TW webpage is a bit "too-long; didn't read". It seems more a commercial difficulty for that company. Even their poster doesn't mention Europe, it has a GBP sign.

If you see what happens in Spain now, suddenly it's game-over for vaping. If we don't want that to happen Europe-wide then we should pay better attention and support such legal actions.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
You're right WiSK - unfortunately I think the majority of vapers don't belong to forums and really don't know what is going on - I know a friend of mine who vapes had no idea until I filled her in on it all !! The EFVI (European Free vaping Initiative) which ran last year was a good chance of actually doing something, but it fell well short of the 1,000,000 signatures needed, notwithstanding all the hard work the organisers put in to it. I also think there's an element of "it will never happen" but as you say, it's happening already, and to my mind that's an absolute tragedy.

VaEHp

Nov 29, 2013
Terra
Show your Global Vapers Support, Sign and Share ! Vapers, Vendors, Friends, Loved ones that support your choice to vape !

**Today is the last day to show your support on this !**

http://article20legalchallenge.com/

This is all anyone needs to do:
upload_2015-9-27_12-37-48.png

LaraC

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Tennessee
Reactions: pennysmalls

WiSK

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
The Netherlands
Advocate General Gives Opinion in Totally Wicked Legal Challenge to Article 20 of the Tobacco Products Directive - Article 20 Tobacco Products Directive Legal Challenge

Not looking good. Advocate General Juliane Kokott thinks the special rules for e-cigarettes "are relatively moderate". She hasn't understood why the administrative burden is disproportionate for small vape companies compared to the large tobacco multinationals. It's called economies of scale and is a basic economic principle.

Reactions: LaraC

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Unfortunately I think the Advocate General does understand the economies of scale and also monopolies all too well. This round is about making sure the main players from Big Tobacco and Big Pharmacy get an advantage over the rest of the vendors. A few of the bigger E juice / E-cig manufacturers will also make it through and gain market share in the process. At the moment there is lots of choice where to buy, very difficult to get 1000's of vendors to toe the line. This is going to be a long drawn out process but in the end e-juice and e-cigs will end up being taxed as much as regular tobacco. These regulations are about making sure the right pieces are in place before play commences. Big business and big money call the shots. Some of the e-juice venders will make it through and increase profit margins in the process, in ten years time it will be big tobacco, big pharmacy and big e-juice.

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread