Touch up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
You're a peach. I can't stress enough how small these are and no one else would probably even notice. I was just hoping there was something I could touch them up with at home.
Well the mods are anodized not painted you could try to touch it up not sure how it would hold up that's up to you.My offer still stands

fourboxers

Feb 26, 2011
Toronto
Most sporting goods stores sell markers for touching up anodized scopes. It's not perfect, but it is a serviceable touch-up for black anodized aluminum.

Thank you. I had read about BC Super Black Touch-Up Pens when searching if a touch up was possible. I read mixed reviews though and have a feeling I'd just make a mess.

dopeh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
Montreal
I got a black mini for the Mrs that arrived with a couple tiny dots of the aluminum showing, they are minor blemishes. Since dropping my Grand a few times I realize that keeping it perfect forever is unrealistic, so that Mini is staying with us as is.

I'm sure Rob does his best to ship the mods in pristine condition but I wouldn't expect him to scrap one for a tiny imperfection on the paint. As we've seen, he will offer to take care of it if the customer is unhappy which is very nice of him.

pharmboy (or anyone), I'd love to know the name of the touch up marker please.

fourboxers

Feb 26, 2011
Toronto
I got a black mini for the Mrs that arrived with a couple tiny dots of the aluminum showing, they are minor blemishes. Since dropping my Grand a few times I realize that keeping it perfect forever is unrealistic, so that Mini is staying with us as is.

Thanks dopeh, that was my thought as well, I'm not sending mine back but did appreciate the offer.

edit: this was the touch-up pen I found http://www.amazon.com/Birchwood-Casey®-Super-Black™-Touch/dp/B001MQNIZA/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread