Status
Not open for further replies.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
I believe you're correct. I made a 10 ml batch of this. The caramel overwhelmed everything, so my response is that 10% total flavoring is too much. I'll back it off to 8% and try it that way with your suggestion.

Thanks, Uno mas!

I usually start at 2.5% and slowly work up from there. You can always add, but you can't subtract! (no disrespect to your math skills!)

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
I usually start at 2.5% and slowly work up from there. You can always add, but you can't subtract! (no disrespect to your math skills!)

Awsum: You may freely pick on my math skills because you'd be right on! I have a calculator with me at all times (made possible by the wonderful world of smart phones).

Well, 2.5% seems incredibly low but I'm going to try it because, as you say, I can always add. I'm so darn impatient...

Thx for the help!

chieftechnicalwizard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Atlanta
Bring out the gummy recipes!
My wife brought me a white gummy bunny and said make this please.

I started with:
5% gummy candy
5% mango
5% peach or juicy peach

She asked to bump the fruits up so I've added a few drops 8-10 of mango the batches were in 32ml bottles.
Any one else?

** tapatalk **

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Raspberry Lemonade

Total flavoring 20%
Raspberry (Sweet) (TFA) 10%
Lemon (w/s) (TFA) 8%
Ethyl Maltol 10% diluted 2%

Base of your choice (3mg/ml Nic 50PG/50VG typically for my mixes)

Nice refreshing vape, going into one of my take-to-work tanks :)

Edited: Updated after a year ;)

Last edited:

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Does anyone have any good recipes for stand alone fruit flavors? Say like just pear or just mango type of things.

Dragonfruit (TFA) 15%
Cotton Candy (Ethyl Maltol 10% diluted in PG) (TFA) 2%

Base of your choice (3mg/ml Nic 50PG/50VG typically for my mixes)

So simple yet so good...
One of my wife's daily vapes :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tucsonbroker

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Raspberry Lemonade

Total flavoring 16%
Raspberry (Sweet) (TFA) 8%
Lemon (w/s) (TFA) 6%
Ethyl Maltol 10% diluted 2%

Base of your choice (8mg/ml Nic 70PG/30VG typically for my mixes)

Nice refreshing vape, going into one of my take-to-work tanks :)

Is there a different raspberry I gather? I have a TFA raspberry but it doesn't say "sweet". And what is the (w/s) after the lemon? I want to make it! I LOVE raspberry lemonade but the first thing I put together with raspberry in it made me wary. (I am brand new at this) I use 100% VG base and did 10% cheesecake with graham crust and 5% raspberry and it tastes like...hmmm...candied plastic gym sock? Lol

Uno mas

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Is there a different raspberry I gather? I have a TFA raspberry but it doesn't say "sweet". And what is the (w/s) after the lemon? I want to make it! I LOVE raspberry lemonade but the first thing I put together with raspberry in it made me wary. (I am brand new at this) I use 100% VG base and did 10% cheesecake with graham crust and 5% raspberry and it tastes like...hmmm...candied plastic gym sock? Lol

Sorry I forget sometimes the aberrations aren't that obvious (w/s) is water-soluble :blush:

Raspberry (Sweet) - click on the link ;)

I really enjoy this DIY, one of the four flavors I currently take to work daily, hope you enjoy :)

gal66stang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Austin
"Pipe Tobacco Plus" is what I am calling this one....(PS - was my very first DIY this week)

24mg vg nic and vg base made 10ml to test.

12% Honey Pipe (TFA)
2.5% Absolute Tobacco Blend (TFA)
4% Smooth Tobacco (TFA)
2% Vanilla Burbon (TFA)
2% Earl Grey Tea (TFA)

Made it two nights ago, it gets better and more smooth as it steeps. Relatively aromatic - I am thinking on my next batch I may cut the honey pipe a little. The Earl grey was a nice touch...very subtle - taste wise, but I think that is where a lot of the aroma comes from.

When I tested the batch right off the bat, I thought I had failed miserably. But - like I said, the more it steeps and the more the flavors settle, the better this one gets. Not an all day vape - but nice in the evening.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
Alrighty, after a few batches to refine it, I have my first ADV (my 45th diy batch btw, persistence pays):

Andes mints:

TFA Peppermint 9%
TFA Double Chocolate (dark) 3%
2 drops/5ml TFA sweetener
1 drop/5ml TFA koolada

Shake and vape, it's good fresh!

CONGRATULATIONS! You must be thrilled.

Now if only I could get a wonderful peach flavor for my dear wife. She was exposed to a vender's peach, fell in love with it, and just shakes her head back and forth with each of my attempts. She says it's not peachy enough.

Any ideas? It's plenty sweet and tart. I'm using a tiny bit of pear flavor to kind of fire the peach, and EM with a touch of koolada.

Thoughts anyone?

Thx.

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
Alrighty, after a few batches to refine it, I have my first ADV (my 45th diy batch btw, persistence pays):

Andes mints:

TFA Peppermint 9%
TFA Double Chocolate (dark) 3%
2 drops/5ml TFA sweetener
1 drop/5ml TFA koolada

Shake and vape, it's good fresh!

Congrats!! :) have you ever had the double chocolate clear? If so what is there difference? I have the clear and want to try making your recipe :)

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
I hit on a recipe that I am in love with- I have seen several similar variations but I like this one a LOT! I think it has a mocha coffee flavor almost (but a good one- I steer clear of coffee bc I have never found one that's not AWFUL)

R2D2

I used a 100% VG base, at 16mg nic
TFA RY4 double 10%
TFA Bavarian Cream 5%
TFA Double Chocolate Clear 3%
TFA Cotton Candy 2%

After a hot water bath and shaking it silly it was good to go! Hope someone else finds it yummy too :)

1LastShot

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2012
Right behind you
@tdtyler- Have you tried using TFA sweetener instead of EM? Sweetener seems to just sweeten and not have an actual "flavor" to me, as opposedto the EM which has the cotton candy-ish flavor, so maybe using it would let the peach come through more?

sorry for the multiple posts guys! My iPhone is a bit fiddly 0_o

Last edited:
Reactions: babaker1014

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
@tdtyler- Have you tried using TFA sweetener instead of EM? Sweetener seems to just sweeten and not have an actual "flavor" to me, as opposedto the EM which has the cotton candy-ish flavor, so maybe using it would let the peach come through more?

sorry for the multiple posts guys! My iPhone is a bit fiddly 0_o

LastShot...

Hadn't thought of this and will definitely try it this afternoon. Makes perfect sense, though. Thank you!

TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread