Not open for further replies.

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I get a fruit note that isn't fig, which is probably your missing ingredient
Yeah the description says "rare spices" in it as well and I've yet to nail that segment of it down, I'm very close with the version I posted up there and I can tell you from experience that the "rare spices" are not TFA Holiday Spice, even at 1% in this it was a pretty terrible addition.

Jason Duvall

Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Indianapolis, IN, USA
Key Lime Cheesecake
Key Lime 10%
Cheesecake Graham Crust 5%

Mmmmmm!! I added a few drops of Sweet Cream to my 15ml and about 1% EM. Soo goood!! I have to thank Bill for pointing me in the right direction when it comes to adding depth to my liquids. That little bit extra made a world of difference!!

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Well this will definitely prove we each have our own tastes lol I just taste tested TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato and they are NOT even close to the same IMHO. I do not think the Gelato is a V2 of the Ice Cream at all. But then I do not care for any of TFAs French Vanillas and to me the Gelato tastes like French Vanilla.;)

Reactions: 3alouka

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Well this will definitely prove we each have our own tastes lol I just taste tested TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato and they are NOT even close to the same IMHO. I do not think the Gelato is a V2 of the Ice Cream at all. But then I do not care for any of TFAs French Vanillas and to me the Gelato tastes like French Vanilla.;)
Apparently Tfa must have realized that too,when the gelato first came out,they had it listed as a diketone free version of vbic,it doesn't say that anymore,it still says diketone free,and has a picture of ice cream though.I haven't tried the vbic yet,but really like the gelato.

CraZcracker

Dec 6, 2014
West Texas
Peanut Butter Dream (My favorite DIY juice )

Peanut Butter 10 %
Graham Cracker 3%
Caramel 2%
Sweet Cream 2%
Vanilla Custard 3%

Hey Silent, iv got Natural Creamy Caramel. Iv been trying to find a good place to use it and have yet to use the peanut better i just bought. Would you think my "NCC" will work in place of this Caramel? I havent used either one of these Caramels in any recipe i have so i wouldnt know what that reg. caramel taste comparred

Silent Solution

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Wesley Chapel, FL
Hey Silent, iv got Natural Creamy Caramel. Iv been trying to find a good place to use it and have yet to use the peanut better i just bought. Would you think my "NCC" will work in place of this Caramel? I havent used either one of these Caramels in any recipe i have so i wouldnt know what that reg. caramel taste comparred

Never used that specific flavor of Caramel but it's worth a shot ya know? Make a smaller batch and see if you like it

Reactions: clnire

USACelt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
Desert Southwest
Alright I'll put one here seeing how it goes with others.
All TFA
55/45-6 nic

" Berry Cake "

Vanilla-Custard 8%
Vanilla-Swirl 8%
Peach (Juicy) 6%
Blueberry (Wild) 6%
Cheese Cake (Gram cracker) 4%
Koolada 1%
Sweetner 1%

The Cheese cake added a unexpected depth to the mix that is welcome

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
OK so I'm on an Ice Cream roll.... but I'm not putting on any weight

Raspberry Sweet 7.5%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 5%
Sweet and Tart 2%
Sweetener 1%

I have not started DIY yet but am very interested in it. I am a Chef (retired but still in my blood) by trade and can taste this juice in my mind, but am curious of one aspect. What does the Sweet and Tart do for it? Does it just mellow out the sweetness or make it more like a frozen yogurt?

Reactions: Robbert

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
For me the sweet and tart finishes the raspberry, it gives it a true flavor.

Being a raspberry lover I was chasing the flavor of an off the vine red raspberry and everything was to sweet, artificial until I started playing with the sweet an tart. That being said it's the way a Raspberry should taste to me, the way I enjoy them fresh.

I hope that helps.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
For me the sweet and tart finishes the raspberry, it gives it a true flavor.

Being a raspberry lover I was chasing the flavor of an off the vine red raspberry and everything was to sweet, artificial until I started playing with the sweet an tart. That being said it's the way a Raspberry should taste to me, the way I enjoy them fresh.

I hope that helps.

It does. It makes the raspberry pop. That is why I asked. I wasn't sure if it gave it like a frozen yogurt thing or if it was more like using salt on watermelon to bring out the flavor. If I hear you correctly it is the later. TY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread