Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
OK gang; time to ask for your help. I'm looking for the ultimate coconut vape. I am thinking of my first scuba diving in Hawaii, and after getting out of the water, going over to the shave-ice cart and getting a coconut/passion fruit shave-ice cone that was sweet and yet cut the sea salt that was in my mouth. The coconut was a "popsicle" type (as apposed to a "baked" or "raw" flavor). It was definitely sweet, yet clean and refreshing, and something that left me wanting more and more. The passion fruit was an accent as apposed to the key note.
Does anybody have any ideas?
I have both TFA's coconut and coconut extra. As well as passion, dragon, mango, and philippine mango, for the tropical "touch."

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
I have finally come up with a recipe that is just a little different than most. I have had some TFA Mary Jane laying around and was trying to clone a recipe from alien vapor called Stoned Smurf. I have made so may tries I don't even really remember the flavor of it anymore and I might just have to buy another bottle to remember the exact taste, but I digress.

I have come up with something I think is pretty decent, so anybody with some Mary Jane flavor laying around you might want to give this a try. Let me know what you think.

All TFA
50/50 mix

Mary Smurf

Blueberry Wild - 7%
Blueberry extra - 4%
Raspberry Sweet - 5%
Mary Jane - 4%
Marshmallow - 1% (optional) but it seems to bring the blueberry out and smooths out the mix

I let mine meld (steep) for a couple days.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
OK gang; time to ask for your help. I'm looking for the ultimate coconut vape. I am thinking of my first scuba diving in Hawaii, and after getting out of the water, going over to the shave-ice cart and getting a coconut/passion fruit shave-ice cone that was sweet and yet cut the sea salt that was in my mouth. The coconut was a "popsicle" type (as apposed to a "baked" or "raw" flavor). It was definitely sweet, yet clean and refreshing, and something that left me wanting more and more. The passion fruit was an accent as apposed to the key note.
Does anybody have any ideas?
I have both TFA's coconut and coconut extra. As well as passion, dragon, mango, and philippine mango, for the tropical "touch."

Dead honest idk how good this is but I spent a good part of yesterday going thru recipes & taking ss's of what looked good. You said Coconut so I found this:
----- 10% TFA Coconut Candy
----- 3% TFA Ripe Strawberry
----- .75% CAP Vanilla Custard (pls forgive the cap!)
----- 2 Drops EM per 10ml
-----2 Drops Smooth per 30ml
Steep 3 days - breathe 1 time per day

*I mix mine at 30/70 and the flavor is great still even with the high VG it is off the chain
Author: Unknown

Looked good which is why I saved it if you try it let me know how it came out! Just looking at it it looks like it has it has a lot of possibilities as well the ------ the 10% coconut candy has me a little worried but you never know :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Dead honest idk how good this is but I spent a good part of yesterday going thru recipes & taking ss's of what looked good. You said Coconut so I found this:
----- 10% TFA Coconut Candy
----- 3% TFA Ripe Strawberry
----- .75% CAP Vanilla Custard (pls forgive the cap!)
----- 2 Drops EM per 10ml
-----2 Drops Smooth per 30ml
Steep 3 days - breathe 1 time per day

*I mix mine at 30/70 and the flavor is great still even with the high VG it is off the chain
Author: Unknown

Looked good which is why I saved it if you try it let me know how it came out! Just looking at it it looks like it has it has a lot of possibilities as well the ------ the 10% coconut candy has me a little worried but you never know :)

Thank you for taking the time to research and reply. I've added this to my Juice Grinder recipe book and added the coconut candy to my shopping list for my next order. I appreciate your efforts!:)

Reactions: MonicaRae

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Does anyone have a Blackcurrant and Mango recipe that I could use? Tasted an ejuice with that combination and I really like it. Would love to make 1 myself.

sounds like a good mix. I'd start with 3-4%of the blackcurrant and 4-6% of the mango. try 3% blackcurrant and 5% mango and work your way up if needed.

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
I have one that I found on here somewhere and it's all TFA flavors I believe. It has pomegranate in it, but I imagine Mango could be subbed[emoji4]

Black current 9%
Pomegranate 9%
Lemon 2%
Sweetener 2%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

Sincronicity

Oct 13, 2012
Bug Tussle
Don't know if it has been mentioned in this thread or not. Too many pages to research to tell. Wandering over the web, I found a site called 99Juices.com. It is loaded with recipes. Not all are fully TFA, but a lot of them do have some part of the recipe listed as TFA. What I like about it is that I can enter in one of my many TFA flavors I have here at home and it will bring up those recipes that have that flavor in the recipe. Sure helps me in trying to figure out what I'll get if I mix flavors together before I do the mixing. Hit and miss is such a waste. I'm sure some flavors can be modified with TFA and get pretty much the same results.

Last edited:

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
can i side track a bit... new to diy here...
i saw a lot of ingredient here contains Acetoin and Acetylpropionyl...
anyone care to educate me how dangerous this is or the harm is actually negligible?
The most accurate answer is "we don't know".

Search the forum and you'll find some lengthy discussions about these ingredients, but I don't believe a Recipes thread is the place for those types of discussions.

Oh, and welcome to ECF! :)

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
The most accurate answer is "we don't know".

Search the forum and you'll find some lengthy discussions about these ingredients, but I don't believe a Recipes thread is the place for those types of discussions.

Oh, and welcome to ECF! :)
thanks for the warm welcome!
haha yea but i dont know where to ask this man... that's why i kinda say side track a bit...
but well... what do you think? i really hope that it's not that harmful... thus have wider variety of flavours :D

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
can i side track a bit... new to diy here...
i saw a lot of ingredient here contains Acetoin and Acetylpropionyl...
anyone care to educate me how dangerous this is or the harm is actually negligible?

I'd suggest two things -

1-DOnt use flavors that contain them.
2-Do some reading here on ECF and on this website - E-cigarette Research

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
thanks for the warm welcome!
haha yea but i dont know where to ask this man... that's why i kinda say side track a bit...
but well... what do you think? i really hope that it's not that harmful... thus have wider variety of flavours :D
The thing is, there's no real scientific data to say that it's safe to vape, or that it's harmful to vape. It will likely be quite a few years before we have that kind of scientific data. There are some rather strong opinions though, which is why I don't think the discussion belongs here - these conversations tend to devolve quickly into "I'm right, you're wrong" ... *sigh*

My personal opinion - if you gave up smoking for vaping, it's a big step towards better health.

The flavors used in our juices (not just these two but ALL flavors) are a big question mark - nobody has ever used these food flavorings this way before, so there is no way to tell long-term effects. Short term - hey they got you off of the cigs. After a while, if you're still concerned, you can consider whether vaping unflavored or even quitting vaping might be the next thing to do for your health.

Me? I'm vaping flavors I like until scientific evidence proves I shouldn't, or until my body tells me something is wrong.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Me? I'm vaping flavors I like until scientific evidence proves I shouldn't, or until my body tells me something is wrong.
My thoughts exactly.I figure anything in the flavors still has to be better than what's in a cigarette,so i don't worry about it,and if it turns out they are bad,i will probably still continue to use them simply because i smoked for over 25 years,and i already knew those were bad for me,but i chose to keep smoking all those years anyway.

Jode

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Seabrook, NH, USA
okay. you guys make me made up my mind. custard flavour it shall be! hehehe

Gosh, I wanted to let sleeping dogs lie but I just cannot. I do not want you to take what I am about to say personally but your easy as pie response on the subject is a bit worrying. See, I don't think that the message they were trying to give you was to "Make up your mind" for you. The above posters were leading you to places and the idea to do your own research on this issue and then make the decision for yourself. You are quite young so your choices may be very different then a person that had smoked for close to 40 yrs before they moved on to vaping. I believe the reason for the short responses here are to try to keep from bringing a discussion to a DYI thread that has more to do with General E-liquid. There are actually quite a few threads on the issue for your reading. Please take your time to discover what is right for yourself. Just as fair warning, what KattMamma says about opinions being strong is true so try to see fact for fact or lack there of, versus somebodies opinion. Oh and a big welcome from me as well!! :)

And now....back to our regularly scheduled program.... tpa/tfa recipes.

Last edited:

Jojo1991

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2015
Ice Castle!
Gosh, I wanted to let sleeping dogs lie but I just cannot. I do not want you to take what I am about to say personally but your easy as pie response on the subject is a bit worrying. See, I don't think that the message they were trying to give you was to "Make up your mind" for you. The above posters were leading you to places and the idea to do your own research on this issue and then make the decision for yourself. You are quite young so your choices may be very different then a person that had smoked for close to 40 yrs before they moved on to vaping. I believe the reason for the short responses here are to try to keep from bringing a discussion to a DYI thread that has more to do with General E-liquid. There are actually quite a few threads on the issue for your reading. Please take your time to discover what is right for yourself. Just as fair warning, what KattMamma says about opinions being strong is true so try to see fact for fact or lack there of, versus somebodies opinion. Oh and a big welcome from me as well!! :)

haha okay okay... i think we have side track quite a bit... let's go back to what this thread is intended for :D
thank you all for the warm welcome and advises!

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas

^ What Jode said! :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
haha okay okay... i think we have side track quite a bit... let's go back to what this thread is intended for :D
thank you all for the warm welcome and advises!
Since this tread is kind of quiet for the moment I will risk one more comment on this off-topic discussion and try to swing it back to TFA a bit as well. :offtopic:
Of you go to TFA(PFA)'s website: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/c-108-the-flavor-apprentice-world-of-flavors.aspx and enter "DX" in their search box; you will find a dozen flavors that are duplicate flavors that they have made specifically to avoid these questionable compounds. I have tried a few of them and they work nicely as a 1 for 1 substitute. TFA is not 100% on their labeling yet. I have found at least a couple of others that do not follow the "DX" labeling but appear to be non-acetoin/acetylpropionyl ( such as: Vanilla Bean Gelato appears to be a sub for Vanilla Bean Ice Cream , French Vanilla II and French Vanilla Cream are two different subs for their French Vanilla). If you are willing to do a little research; you can find alternatives. ;)

One in particular I have been using quite a bit is TFA' s DX Bavarian Cream. You will find this is one of the more common flavors used in many of the recipes in this thread to add that custard note you said you like.

`Nough said...

Other than Welcome!

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Does someone know if there's still a live link to a recipe list in this thread somewhere, and if yes, approximately what page it's on? I think I got up to about page 40, but none of the links have been live so far. It's been a helpful read so far, so maybe I should just keep reading. It's like a treasure hunt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread